Twitter: Dak vs. Watson, Goff, Wentz

cowboygo

Reaction score
I wonder how well Dak would've done?

We've seen Dak on some really good teams his first 4 years and has some luxuries that most NFL QB's aren't fortunate enough to have and he only has 1 playoff win to show for it.

Team accomplishments aside.. There is nothing special about him as a player on the field. He's not the reason we win or lose games.

He's a QB that is always stuck in neutral.
Look, we've gone in circles talking about Dak and his abilities.

Does Derek Carr's cap hit cripple the Raiders? Did it cripple the Raiders the previous years? What about Andy Dalton's cap hit with the Bengals? What current QB's cap hit is crippling their franchise right now? I can only think of Jared Goff at the top of my head.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Weird how Dak ran the offense while Pollatd was in just as effectively. They must game plan for Zeke while he's off the field.

Thinking teams game plan for Wentz and not Dak shows an extreme amount of ignorance.
Defenses prioritize taking away Zeke. Sure they will look at film of what Dak likes to do but they know you shut down Zeke and its game over. Wentz is a different. He can beat teams without always using his running back. He will just throw to his TEs.

JBS

Reaction score
I concede your point that Watson had better coaching and WR... And yet Dak has better stats as demonstrated by the OP. What is going to happen now that Dak has better coaching and a better WR? Lamb is a DeAndra Hopkins clone. You're a smart guy. You know the answer.

I do know the answer. I've said it multiple times already.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
These numbers more accurately reflect Dak’s judgment when releasing the ball than anything.

Which is an argument that “eye test” people don’t usually account for, or at least, interpret subjectively according to what they value.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Defenses prioritize taking away Zeke. Sure they will look at film of what Dak likes to do but they know you shut down Zeke and its game over. Wentz is a different. He can beat teams without always using his running back. He will just throw to his TEs.
You like in your own little world.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Look, we've gone in circles talking about Dak and his abilities.

Does Derek Carr's cap hit cripple the Raiders? Did it cripple the Raiders the previous years? What about Andy Dalton's cap hit with the Bengals? What current QB's cap hit is crippling their franchise right now? I can only think of Jared Goff at the top of my head.

The goal is to win a Superbowl.

Paying any QB a ton of money hurts your teams ability to win what matters.

There is a reason rookie contract QB's and vets on cheap deals keep winning titles.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The goal is to win a Superbowl.

Paying any QB a ton of money hurts your teams ability to win what matters.

There is a reason rookie contract QB's and vets on cheap deals keep winning titles.

You've already been shown the numbers and why this is a stupid stance, yet you keep posting it over anand over again.
You keep wrongly stating there isn't much of a difference between Dak and Dalton, over and over and over.

You've earned a rare mute, I would advise everyone else to do the same.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

The links you provided showed completion %'s of 52.5%, 50.75%, 55.35%, and 59.20%, and you are going to say that he completes "about 50%". Interesting way to word it, is there an agenda?

53-55% seems to be the average based off those tables, so he's in that average range. We need a big body receiving threat and thank god we got rid of Witten.

Last edited:

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
The links you provided showed completion %'s of 52.5%, 50.75%, 55.35%, and 59.20%, and you are going to say that he completes "about 50%". Interesting way to word it, is there an agenda?

53-55% seems to be the average based off those tables, so he's in that average range. We need a big body receiving threat and thank god we got rid of Witten.

I was averaging the inside 20 and inside 10 columns which is around 50%.

Hadenough

Reaction score
You like in your own little world.

Compare Dak last year to the rest of the NFC east QBs in the redzone. He is 3rd in the division.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Compare Dak last year to the rest of the NFC east QBs in the redzone. He is 3rd in the division.

And it was higher than Mahomes and Wilson's, see how using small sample sizes makes you look stupid?

Lol and Jones % was 52.54% while Dak was 52.46%. You continually having to grasp at the smallest of straws is unlike any struggle I've seen on here LMAO:muttley:

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
That's not how you find redzone %

ok inside the 20 he’s around 55%
Inside the 10 he’s below 50%

Want exact?
2019- 20 yd- 52%. 10 yd- 48%
2018- 51%. &. 50%
2017- 55%. & 46%
2016- 59%. &. 48%

Compared to NFC East Qb’s. Just taking the 20 and in.

2019- 4th out of 5 (DC had Keenum and Haskins). He only beat Haskins.
2018- 3rd out of 4
2017- 3rd out of 4
2016- 1st out of 4.

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
ok inside the 20 he’s around 55%
Inside the 10 he’s below 50%

Want exact?
2019- 20 yd- 52%. 10 yd- 48%
2018- 51%. &. 50%
2017- 55%. & 46%
2016- 59%. &. 48%

Right, so your intent on pulling those numbers was what? When you say "not exactly elite" you're hinting at it being negative, despite those not being bad at all.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Right, so your intent on pulling those numbers was what? When you say "not exactly elite" you're hinting at it being negative, despite those not being bad at all.

Just a counterpoint to all the Dak is elite stats thrown around.

He’s average in the redzone. So how is he elite if he’s only average in the most important part of the field?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Just a counterpoint to all the Dak is elite stats thrown around.

He’s average in the redzone. So how is he elite if he’s only average in the most important part of the field?
You aren't replying to a thread that is claiming Dak is elite, so that's a weird response, but to play along how are Mahomes and Russell Wilson elite if they're below average in the most important part of the field?

Endzoneview

Reaction score
Dak should have better numbers, he has a better offense around him than those other QB's.

Prescott had his best statistical season in the NFL as he threw for nearly 5,000 yards, accounted for 33 touchdowns, and was the engineer of the league’s second best passing offense.

What could he do better?

mcmvp

Reaction score
That's not how you find redzone %

Quite frankly, these numbers do tell a story. Dak’s inside the 10 yard line numbers are pretty bad. He is under 50% in his career. With a back like Zeke, and play-action, that number should be a lot higher. I’m not sure how anyone could argue otherwise.