Video: Dak wants elite money?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
:hammer:

as parcells used to say there is no 1-800-EliteQB number to call and get one.....

and I found it funny they argued for Case Keenum…...not sure why some people just hate, they hated Romo, they hated Cooper (yet said Dak had cooper so he was surrounded by talent), they hated jones, they hated Lawrence, they hated zeke, they want elite play, at minimum prices. and anybody on the other side of the fence is better than what we have, until they get here, then they want them gone...

uneducated posters that don't understand the game.

sean10mm

Reaction score
As always, but most Dak threads are basically trolling at this point due to extreme positions on both sides constantly wanting to make another thread on the topic

It's like people can only see the QB as a knight in shining armor or a willfully evil villain.

Just as an example, Dak has gotten an incredible amount of hate for... not signing a deal yet, even though we're months away from humans occupying the same general area to do football things?

There's probably nothing less relevant to anything than if Dak signs a deal in May or July. It's just a gigantic nothing either way. Yet people are RAGING about what a GREEDY BUM Dak is for not overruling his agent at a time when it just doesn't matter.

We had months of people raging about how terrible it would be to get stuck with Dak on a long deal. Then we learn Dak wants a SHORTER contract than the Jonses. So they all pivot to hating Dak for not wanting the shorter deal. It's literally heads I win, tails you lose because the endpoint is already decided - Dak has to be the bad guy of the story, and as new facts emerge the story is just re-written to fit (or are just ignored.)

Everything here is like this. People constantly want to replace Dak with guys who have the same things they complain about Dak having, only even worse. At some point I think every career loser that got mentioned on ESPN once has been rage-argued as an obvious absolute upgrade over Dak by the usual suspects here. When Dak won he sucked because wins are a team stat and he didn't have 300 yards a game. Then he had 300 yards a game and well actually the only thing that matters is team wins, which the quarterback magically causes even if he doesn't actually throw the ball much.

I'm not even arguing Dak is elite and needs whatever the biggest contract ever is. I'm actually fine if they just play him under the tag and see what McCarthy can do with him and let the coach decide his fate in 2021+. But the entire narrative around him has become a toxic waste dump. Just like it was with Romo.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
EXTCdq1XQAIILp0

I get this point and I’ve never been anti Dak, just Anti Dak getting paid too much. But are we really doing a Brees and Rodgers thing..especially with the sample size? Man I want this off-season over. The “hate” and “love” here is so extreme with no reasonable middle ground

John813

Reaction score
It's like people can only see the QB as a knight in shining armor or a willfully evil villain.

Just as an example, Dak has gotten an incredible amount of hate for... not signing a deal yet, even though we're months away from humans occupying the same general area to do football things?

There's probably nothing less relevant to anything than if Dak signs a deal in May or July. It's just a gigantic nothing either way. Yet people are RAGING about what a GREEDY BUM Dak is for not overruling his agent at a time when it just doesn't matter.

We had months of people raging about how terrible it would be to get stuck with Dak on a long deal. Then we learn Dak wants a SHORTER contract than the Jonses. So they all pivot to hating Dak for not wanting the shorter deal. It's literally heads I win, tails you lose because the endpoint is already decided - Dak has to be the bad guy of the story, and as new facts emerge the story is just re-written to fit (or are just ignored.)

Everything here is like this. People constantly want to replace Dak with guys who have the same things they complain about Dak having, only even worse. At some point I think every career loser that got mentioned on ESPN once has been rage-argued as an obvious absolute upgrade over Dak by the usual suspects here. When Dak won he sucked because wins are a team stat and he didn't have 300 yards a game. Then he had 300 yards a game and well actually the only thing that matters is team wins, which the quarterback magically causes even if he doesn't actually throw the ball much.

I'm not even arguing Dak is elite and needs whatever the biggest contract ever is. I'm actually fine if they just play him under the tag and see what McCarthy can do with him and let the coach decide his fate in 2021+. But the entire narrative around him has become a toxic waste dump. Just like it was with Romo.

QFT.

I get a kick out of the contract talk. There is literally no rush to get it done now compared to July 15th, unless Dak wants that signing bonus now rather than in July.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Oh look. Another Dak thread. I can post highlights. There’s much more. I’ll offer you the same wager as everyone else. If Dak has the same season as last year and we make the playoffs you change your avatar to a picture of Dak. And your signature to something regarding being wrong about Dak. If I lose. You choose my avatar and what I write in my signature. Put your money where your mouth is.
He doesn’t have the balls.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I doubt Dak is going to be in the Hall of Fame anytime soon nor have banners with his name posted at the stadium.
Dak is already in the hall of fame for most consecutive passes without an interception to start a career. And he beat Tom Brady for that record.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I get this point and I’ve never been anti Dak, just Anti Dak getting paid too much. But are we really doing a Brees and Rodgers thing..especially with the sample size? Man I want this off-season over. The “hate” and “love” here is so extreme with no reasonable middle ground

I didn't give "hate" or "love". I stated facts. Something that "hate" can't seem to do. You read from them whatever you want to. My point isn't that Dak is as good as those guys. The point is people are using last year to say Dak can't beat good teams....when his record is just as good if not better than many.

People aren't always going to agree. Especially on something like Dak that's so polarizing. I don't argue against opinion I just want facts to be present. Your "eye test" isn't a fact. Your opinion isn't "fact".

phildadon86

Reaction score
What's the wager?
If Dak has a similar or same season as last year and we make the playoffs they have to change their avatar to a picture of Dak and in their signature admit they were wrong. For one month. If not and I’m wrong. I change my picture to whatever they say and my signature to what they say for a month. I think it’s fair.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Start with the calling people "Haters" because they have a different opinion from others....

Dak is a good quarterback with limitations, he's not in the same conversation as a Brady, Brees or a Rodgers, they are elite Qb's
Absolutely agree. But the point people need to realize is that the elite Brady/Brees/Rodgers breed are rare, and it's not as easy as just deciding to move on from Dak to get a guy like that. Look at when those 3 were drated - all 15-20 years ago. That speaks to how rare that breed is. It doesn't come around often. Mahomes could fall in that group too, but even with them it's a rare breed. Accordingly, teams are fighting for the best of the rest. Dak falls in the next group after the elites.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I didn't give "hate" or "love". I stated facts. Something that "hate" can't seem to do. You read from them whatever you want to. My point isn't that Dak is as good as those guys. The point is people are using last year to say Dak can't beat good teams....when his record is just as good if not better than many.

People aren't always going to agree. Especially on something like Dak that's so polarizing. I don't argue against opinion I just want facts to be present. Your "eye test" isn't a fact. Your opinion isn't "fact".

I get it! I just have tried to stay away from these for awhile now because there seems to be no common sense middle ground. It’s extreme. As I said I get your point in posting that. It’s a fact. I also get why people aren’t wanting to pay him top money. Maybe they haven’t seen enough. I also get why people think he’s great for the team...running, leads team, makes plays when pocket collapses, etc. But my posts will never generate enough debate so oh well. Just wanted to express I got your point but I’d like to see that stat with a bunch more guys too

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Start with the calling people "Haters" because they have a different opinion from others....

Dak is a good quarterback with limitations, he's not in the same conversation as a Brady, Brees or a Rodgers, they are elite Qb's

If you constantly hate and don't have a stat or fact to back it up......you are a hater. I don't get what's the issue.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I get it! I just have tried to stay away from these for awhile now because there seems to be no common sense middle ground. It’s extreme. As I said I get your point in posting that. It’s a fact. I also get why people aren’t wanting to pay him top money. I also get why people think he’s great for the team. But my posts will never generate enough debate so oh well.
I understand it too. Trust I get not wanting to pay him. Hell I can come up with reasons for not wanting to pay him.....but on this site the reason not to pay him is because "he's a bum". There's no healthy discussion here on the topic because feelings are hurt. A lot of these guys dislike Dak because they blame him for why Romo is out of the league when that is not the case.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
And that somehow changes that Prescott has better completion percentages than Aikman had.

uh, excuse me. Didn’t Aikman play against Super Bowl and Championship teams ? Aikman played against some pretty elite defenses in the course of his career, including cornerbacks like Deon. Dak has trouble against regular season teams with records above .500. So once again, Daktards with their butt hurt trot out empty or misleading statistics to prop up their boy. Let’s compare stats when Dak plays against elite, championship caliber defenses. I think Aikman’s stats are for a much bigger body of work. And while you’re talking comparisons, why don’t you compare Dak and David Carr’s accuracy displays during the Super Bowl weekend. Sheesh.