Dak was the problem with Dez debunked

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dez did a lot of good things for the Cowboys, but he's not the player he used to be and he wasn't a good fit for Dak.

Amari is obviously a better fit with Dak, but you don't have to rip Dez to praise Amari. Different time, different QB, different players.

Proof

Reaction score
what a fickle, clown *** fan base.

lot of really petty idiots

kskboys

Reaction score
clearly Cooper is a superior route runner. Dak just couldnt make the right kinds of throws to be successful with Dez, ie back shoulder, 50/50 jump balls and accurate go routes.
Looks like no one thinks their QB can connect w/ Dez. He sure is a limited receiver.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Had Dez had the chance to play with Brees he would be back to the old Dez.

Coops strenghts cover up a lot of Daks flaws and is a much better fit in this offense than Dez was, but i'm not buying the Dez was the problem line. Dak routinely misses wide open recivers. He's either not looking their way at all or just can't throw a pass anywhere near them. The only one he seems alble to connect with regularly is Coop and i think that's more on Coop than Dak
Yeah, Cooper just throws the ball to himself??? Ugh. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Gosh.

I haven't heard Dezzie's name mentioned in several weeks.

Imagine that....

CircularUntimelyBettong.webp
Dez couldn't touch T.O.

jay94

Reaction score
There completely different receivers, if you can't get Cooper the ball you have issues, with Dez it's a 12-16 inch window.

Ken

Reaction score
There completely different receivers, if you can't get Cooper the ball you have issues, with Dez it's a 12-16 inch window.
lol.

MVP Carr was having issues...

kevm3

Reaction score
Different receivers just have different levels of synergy with the qb. Roy Williams was a pro bowler in detroit, but him and Romo never really meshed. Dak and Dez never really meshed, but Amari is more of the kind of receiver that Dak needs.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Dak needs proficient route running recivers where as Romo did not....dez was very good physically and it made up for his lack of good routes....

Amari is better suited to play with dak than dez was given need on crisp routes....pretty simple really

Nah I just think Dez got lazy and forgot to work on his game. He coasted once he got his big contract and never really produced at a high level and got lazy. Injuries also took a toll on him. Because of that he was hardly open and even the announcers kept saying Dez just is easy to defend and doesn't pull in double teams. They also noticed how lazy he was with his routes and seem to give up once he knew that he wasn't getting the ball.

Dez I believed could have made playing with Dak work. I just don't think he wanted to.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Dak's big TD throws to Cooper are a short throw with a lot of YAC, a medium range throw with even more YAC, a nicely placed deep throw, an under thrown pass with a great adjustment by Cooper and still more YAC. In other words, its been mostly Cooper.

Oh you missed the part where Cooper passed the deep ball to himself and scored. How bout the time time Cooper ran a slant and threw the ball to himself and ran it in for a TD.

Yeah Cooper does it all. Including passing the ball to himself.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Looks like we can put another theory to rest. With Cooper coming in and having an almost instant rapport with Dak its clear that Dak wasn't the problem with Dez.
Dez was the problem with Dez.

We all knew that.

Don't you miss those sideline rants?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I can throw a 5 yard pass to Cooper and have him run it to the house.....you Dak-zoids are so desperate to have him be seen as a Franchise QB you will use every angle to cover the fact that a Pig is a Pig anyway you slice it....

No one is desperate to see Dak be the franchise QB. That's because it's going to happen, whether you like it or not.

Cmac

Reaction score
Still not buying that......Dak apparently has one receiver...….when the coverage takes Amari out.....it will be dink & dunk, overthrows/underthrows and some hit or misses...….hate to say.....but it's coming. Amari masking a problem......a passing problem.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Cooper said something very telling after Sunday's game, on his long touchdown there was a different play called and Dak was reluctant to change the route despite the Eagles' secondary predicting the routes all day, he changed it at the last minute. Even on the last play despite Cooper trying to sell an out, they knew a slant was coming, and the defender jump the route. How possible is it that the real problem with the Dak and Dez disconnect was bad playcalling, and a QB reluctant to audible out of predictable routes. Romo constantly audibled out, when Dez got certain coverage.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one is desperate to see Dak be the franchise QB. That's because it's going to happen, whether you like it or not.

From your words to God's mouth.....but personally I don't see this young man ever becoming a class A QB simply to many FLAWS that will cost us BIG TIME in the end....

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
100%, If Dez was healthy and with the Saints, we'd be in a very different position today. Dez needs accuracy period.
So you're saying that 50% balls were worth the 50% odds considering the increased INT probability? Dez got NO separation and having to throw balls with pinpoint accuracy in order to have a 50% shot seems like a losing formula to me.