Dak was the problem with Dez debunked

fansince68

Reaction score
I am a Dak fan. Yet, 1 game is not going to convince me that he has made elite status. His overall grade for that game was a C. It's still feels good to see him progress and win that way.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You realize we can make the same argument against our other QB too, right?

The highlight of his career, the spin move against Watt, was a portly thrown ball that is only a TD because the defender fell down. Otherwise it is easily broken up or intercepted.

There were a ton of other passes we can hammer Romo for too. As a matter of fact, Romo often gets credit for making Austin a good receiver when it was Austin making Romo look good with YAC, if we apply the same standards to Romo as are applied to Dak.
Speaking of YAC and all these awesomely referenced TEAM stats, Owens was pretty good after the catch too. Who made who?

InTheZone

Reaction score
Like last game? Tough times for you trolls eh? 5 game win streak and Dak coming back like a complete stud last game? Reeling?
No need to call a troll. I gave him credit for his 4th quarter, but there's no denying his favorite game is check downs

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No need to call a troll. I gave him credit for his 4th quarter, but there's no denying his favorite game is check downs

People said the same thing about Romo. Apparently some of it is the OC and the routes. And Im not sure we can say that since Cooper has gotten here. Dak now leads the NFC in TD's over 40 yards. Leads the NFC in passing yards over the last 5 weeks. Looks like Dak and Cooper were using hand signals for the deep ball in order to check out of Linehans short passing game when they thought they could go deep.

jrumann59

Reaction score
got out of bed? or maybe a fallacy exposed. in this case, the latter. ergo the word was correctly used.
I know what the term means but as the OP used it in his example he used it wrong since he cited an example of Dak's issues not Dez.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
LOL..........Dak has had the worst line and worst pass catchers out of any of his 3 years. Guys like you simply dont understand the relationship between Oline play and QB play. Having someone to throw to. An offensive scheme and play calling.

You are a QB simpleton. But its OK, rest assured that people like me have a much better understanding and we are looking good going forward.

I've stopped reading your post after the first 3 letters.

Grow up. Learn to articulate yourself. Then come back.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I've stopped reading your post after the first 3 letters.

Grow up. Learn to articulate yourself. Then come back.

How about I just put a troll like you on ignore. Dak isnt going anywhere. I love it. Suffer!!!

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I just read the first sentence and had give you a like. I did read the rest but the first sentence was what I would refer to as Dez Legacy material.
Thanks. My all time favorite Dez babble was "Dez is open even when he is covered." The thought of winning on a route wasn't even a thing.

jujoboys

Reaction score
clearly Cooper is a superior route runner. Dak just couldnt make the right kinds of throws to be successful with Dez, ie back shoulder, 50/50 jump balls and accurate go routes.

In other words, Dak had trouble throwing to a WR that was not open. Glad we were paying $14 million a year for a WR that relied on jump balls and back shoulder catches. A $14 million WR should help make a young QB making close to the minimum look better, not the other way around. Amari is a significant upgrade over the Dez Bryant of the last few years. I will always be a fan of Dez Bryant but it was time to move on. He was no longer worth the cost or headache. It's nice to have an assassin at WR that quietly goes about his business and can actually take over a game and be the difference maker time after time, after time.

jay94

Reaction score
So who, in your opinion from Derek Carr's class or newer, is not overrated?

This can be hard to articulate, just because I can say a player is overrated does not make that player bad. I would definitely take Wilson, Stafford, Luck, and Cousins over him anyone 16 and later to me needs more time and yes since 2009 he has been one of the best quarterbacks I am not disputing that. He has had one great year kind of like Cam Newton another overrated qb.

Nexx

Reaction score
In other words, Dak had trouble throwing to a WR that was not open. Glad we were paying $14 million a year for a WR that relied on jump balls and back shoulder catches. A $14 million WR should help make a young QB making close to the minimum look better, not the other way around. Amari is a significant upgrade over the Dez Bryant of the last few years. I will always be a fan of Dez Bryant but it was time to move on. He was no longer worth the cost or headache. It's nice to have an assassin at WR that quietly goes about his business and can actually take over a game and be the difference maker time after time, after time.

yeah basically his skill set is more attuned to throwing to someone wide open rather than tight windows. Dez was very similar to Irvin who used his body to shield himself from defenders. Irvin was never a huge separation guy either but Troy was deadly accurate. No doubt Amari is a better receiver now than Dez is today but more seasoned accurate QB could make very good use of Dez from last year.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Don't you know. We had no WR's when Romo was here. It was all him.;)

Dak is clearly the only QB in NFL history that threw balls that could have been picked off or knocked down by a DB, but had his WR make a great play and tough catch on the ball instead.

Dez in his prime never battled a DB for a ball that could have been picked, yet caught it for a huge gain or TD instead to aid Romo's stats. ;)

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
College Open..

tenor.gif

:lmao::lmao:

Ken

Reaction score
Dak is clearly the only QB in NFL history that threw balls that could have been picked off or knocked down by a DB, but had his WR make a great play and tough catch on the ball instead.

Dez in his prime never battled a DB for a ball that could have been picked, yet caught it for a huge gain or TD instead to aid Romo's stats. ;)
Not to mention...there was literally no way that cb intercepts that ball. he barely got a hand on it.

It is called a pass deflection.

And the supposed underthrown ball for a td was not that underthrown at all and it was thrown toward the middle of the field more. If those people who thought it was overthrown would look...Dak can't step into the throw and is hit. And Cooper doesn't really break stride but the ball placement allows him to race to the end zone.

If this happens to Mahomes...these same people are telling everyone how physically gifted he is.

With Dak...he is an inaccurate noodle arm. Go figure.

Last edited: