CFZ Dak was World Class today and what it means

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This is very true, I definitely think there's more negative than positive threads. Even the positive ones can turn negative, lol..

I think it's reasonable, when he plays poorly, to say that it was poor. However, when he plays brilliantly against a top team (you know, a team with a top spot that he was previously said to struggle with), then I think it's reasonable to also say that he played brilliant football.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I don't understand what the point of this is. However, in case you don't understand the terminology, I'll give you a definition of what I mean. When I say that, I mean they were elite throws. Essentially, Dak played an elite game against the number 2 seed team in the NFC. Regardless of how the Vikings finish, this was an outstanding game from Dak.

Wait.

Now, I've been saying ALL year that Philly hasn't beaten a single good team. EVERY fan with blue and silver glasses in here has been saying the same thing, all year.
We've been in agreement.

But NOW, all of a sudden, Minnesota is a trophy to put on our mantel? Philly destroyed them too.

So which is it? Is beating the vikings a sign of legitimacy? Or not? I say NO.

But your answer CAN'T be that beating the Vikings is a sign of strength for us, but not for Philly. You can't be saying that....right?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I think it's reasonable, when he plays poorly, to say that it was poor. However, when he plays brilliantly against a top team (you know, a team with a top spot that he was previously said to struggle with), then I think it's reasonable to also say that he played brilliant football.

I agree it's fair to have debate on both ends. I just hate when there's a bias to either side of the argument with no objectivity. But that's life of being a starting QB in the NFL. I'm sure Vikings fans think Cousins should be out of the NFL Acker today.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
And yes, he showed some skills too. :)

Some of those throws were on par with the best QBs in the league and any coach, GM or analyst will tell you so.

This board has gone too far in polarization of Dak Prescott. He is not unlike all the other QBs out there in the league. He has strengths and he has weaknesses.

We hope for our coaches to help him in the areas he is not strong in, and exploit opposing defenses in areas he excels at.

Don't forget they are doing the same things back at us. This is why the NFL is the most parity driven league in professional sports.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Fair enough, but I still thought it was a very good ball.
It was a good ball, but if the defender had turned his head, he could have easily defended it. That's not to take anything away from Dak's day. He was exceptional. The touch pass to Pollard was flawless, and the sideline pass to CeeDee on the roll out was beautifully placed as well.

CWR

Reaction score
That escalated quickly

Screenshot-20221120-204651.png

30jXYj6L

I hope you saved all of them. This place was a dumpster all week.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wait.

Now, I've been saying ALL year that Philly hasn't beaten a single good team. EVERY fan with blue and silver glasses in here has been saying the same thing, all year.
We've been in agreement.

But NOW, all of a sudden, Minnesota is a trophy to put on our mantel? Philly destroyed them too.

So which is it? Is beating the vikings a sign of legitimacy? Or not? I say NO.

But your answer CAN'T be that beating the Vikings is a sign of strength for us, but not for Philly. You can't be saying that....right?

Hang on, as I recall, I usually have said excluding the Vikings, they hadn't played good teams. As in, the Vikings were the one good team that they played before us. So, yes, I think I'm still consistent. They had a great win when they beat them, and we had a brilliant win today.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I agree it's fair to have debate on both ends. I just hate when there's a bias to either side of the argument with no objectivity. But that's life of being a starting QB in the NFL. I'm sure Vikings fans think Cousins should be out of the NFL Acker today.

Fur sure, and that's the big reason that I posted this thread. He did brilliantly today imo, and it deserved a thread imo.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Means nothing other than we won the game. It does not carry to the next game

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It was a good ball, but if the defender had turned his head, he could have easily defended it. That's not to take anything away from Dak's day. He was exceptional. The touch pass to Pollard was flawless, and the sideline pass to CeeDee on the roll out was beautifully placed as well.

And the ball to Gallup was also a clever ball.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
World class? Brilliant? I guess the bar is set low for Dak.
Rusty's choices of descriptors may be slightly hyperbolic, but Dak played an excellent game and did have a couple of beautiful throws, and he used his legs well today too. If he played the he did today consistently, I don't think anyone would complain about his contract.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Dak Prescott was World Class today. Not only in terms of the scores, but he had numerous World Class throws. I'll give you all 3 examples of his World Class throws.

The first example that I'll provide was the ball to Lamb before halftime that set up the 60 yard kick. It was world class because it was in a spot where only Lamb could get it in a spot where we needed a lot of yards. Oh, and if that weren't enough, Dak was on the run. Should add that Lamb's catch was world class too.

The second example that I'll use was the ball to Pollard on 3rd and a long way. If we punted there, we could've let the Vikings back in the game. But, Dak not only throws for a first down, but it proved.to be the killshot. Often times, we hear complaints about how we rarely go for the kill. That was going for the kill, and it basically secured momentum with us for the rest of the game.

The third example was the ball to Noah Brown. This was one where we could've been kicking another long field goal if it didn't work, and it was another long yardage pass. It was a tight window to fit the ball through. Yet, it was a perfect pass that ultimately led to another TD as we proceeded to continue the demolition of Minnesota.

That was a World Class game from Dak. Well done by Dak. Now it's onto the Giants. Now Dak needs to continue that next week. We are currently tied with the Giants for second on tie breakers from our week 3 matchup. A win puts distance and the full head to head lead over NY. With the Colts, Texans, and Jaguars next, that should help us get ourselves into the playoffs with at least a second place finished and playing the 4th seed. Also, a win puts us potentially in striking distance of Philly, and gives us a 3-1 division record should we win. That would equalise us with Philly. This means, should we beat them on Christmas Eve, we would take the divisional record lead on them, especially if they split their series with NY. So, should we be even with them, we could possibly be at least in the second seed and maybe the first seed if we are tied with Minnesota at the end.

In essence, our win today with Dak's performance just put the top seed back on the radar for us. It was a World Class win exactly when we needed a World Class victory.

If Indy had pulled the game out today- I'd agree. We will be a WC.

Philly on the long PI to set up the Hurts TD was gifted a terrible holding non-call on the same play btw.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Dak Prescott was World Class today. Not only in terms of the scores, but he had numerous World Class throws. I'll give you all 3 examples of his World Class throws.

The first example that I'll provide was the ball to Lamb before halftime that set up the 60 yard kick. It was world class because it was in a spot where only Lamb could get it in a spot where we needed a lot of yards. Oh, and if that weren't enough, Dak was on the run. Should add that Lamb's catch was world class too.

The second example that I'll use was the ball to Pollard on 3rd and a long way. If we punted there, we could've let the Vikings back in the game. But, Dak not only throws for a first down, but it proved.to be the killshot. Often times, we hear complaints about how we rarely go for the kill. That was going for the kill, and it basically secured momentum with us for the rest of the game.

The third example was the ball to Noah Brown. This was one where we could've been kicking another long field goal if it didn't work, and it was another long yardage pass. It was a tight window to fit the ball through. Yet, it was a perfect pass that ultimately led to another TD as we proceeded to continue the demolition of Minnesota.

That was a World Class game from Dak. Well done by Dak. Now it's onto the Giants. Now Dak needs to continue that next week. We are currently tied with the Giants for second on tie breakers from our week 3 matchup. A win puts distance and the full head to head lead over NY. With the Colts, Texans, and Jaguars next, that should help us get ourselves into the playoffs with at least a second place finished and playing the 4th seed. Also, a win puts us potentially in striking distance of Philly, and gives us a 3-1 division record should we win. That would equalise us with Philly. This means, should we beat them on Christmas Eve, we would take the divisional record lead on them, especially if they split their series with NY. So, should we be even with them, we could possibly be at least in the second seed and maybe the first seed if we are tied with Minnesota at the end.

In essence, our win today with Dak's performance just put the top seed back on the radar for us. It was a World Class win exactly when we needed a World Class victory.
Dak was Ballin today!
My problem with him is consistency.
Not forgetting last week, sorry.
He has got to play more even keeled.
If we reach the playoffs one bad game and your out.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If Indy had pulled the game out today- I'd agree. We will be a WC.

Philly on the long PI to set up the Hurts TD was gifted a terrible holding non-call on the same play btw.

Don't forget, the Eagles next games are the following: Green Bay, Tennessee, @ NYG, @ Chicago, @ us, Saints, and NYG. They're 9-1. We are 7-3. If they, as I see happening, split with the Giants, lose to us, and lose to Tennessee, then that makes them 13-4. If we win all but the Tennessee game, as I think we are capable of doing, then that puts us at 13-4. They, by losing to us and the Giants, would be 3-3 against the division as a result of losing to Washington. We would be 5-1 if we won all remaining division games. That gives us the division if that were to be the case.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dak was Ballin today!
My problem with him is consistency.
Not forgetting last week, sorry.
He has got to play more even keeled.
If we reach the playoffs one bad game and your out.

I understand that, and it's why I stated that it needs to continue next week how he played today. That's how we can get hot again, and this is the time to get hot.