Dak Watch All-22: 10 Plays

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, take the penalty.

Good idea.

He is in the pocket.

:facepalm:

Ok well since you're so smart if there's no other option, you know you can throw it at the ground, I'm sure there was someone nearby

khiladi

Reaction score
The only play I really looked at, was the one at 7:05. Typical Dak where he had all day to throw and the WR clearly open in a zone on the right side that even the commentator pointed out he had, but in reality he was too scared and he pulled the ball in and bailed.
That was not in anyway whatsoever a tightly window. Even average QBs make that throw regularly.

It was one that was just late in his progression.

It’s not difficult to dissect Dak once you get a hang on the tendencies. He’s a system QB, that goes to his first or second read and stares down his WRs almost all the time. If that isn’t open, he rushed through his progressions and takes the Checkdown. Over and over and over again…

Moore is stuck having to scheme for a guy to get his WR open early in the progressions. That’s why a lot of it has to happen so close to the line, particularly against zone coverages

The jump by Buddy on the screen on the pick 6 was the typical example of this point how he stares everybody down.

Ken

Reaction score
Ok well since you're so smart if there's no other option, you know you can throw it at the ground, I'm sure there was someone nearby
The point i am making is the scheme, at times, is horrific. How can you only have one option for a hot route and the guy (cooper) is running a lazy slant route?

The other guys are running down field like they have all afternoon...

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The point i am making is the scheme, at times, is horrific. How can you only have one option for a hot route and the guy (cooper) is running a lazy slant route?

The other guys are running down field like they have all afternoon...

Ok now you're getting my blood flowing lol, did you hear Aikman several games ago he mentioned that there were several players on the field not even running routes or running them to the first down marker??

What kind of offense is this, like seriously we only have one option and this forces Dak to run around and hopefully find someone open. To me that's not offense, that's LUCK!!!!!! I've seen routes where there's NOWHERE to throw it at all, guys run to the sidelines and there's guys on defense all over the route!!

khiladi

Reaction score
Moore is FORCED by Dak’s limitations to have to get the ball out early,

Dak can’t even do a traditional 5-7 drop, which is why he got the ball batted down like 20 times last game.

Why do you think Moore went heavy up tempo to start the last two games to try and get Dak out of his “slump”. He wanted him to process faster.

Ken

Reaction score
The only play I really looked at, was the one at 7:05. Typical Dak where he had all day to throw and the WR clearly open in a zone on the right side that even the commentator pointed out he had, but in reality he was too scared and he pulled the ball in and bailed.
That was not in anyway whatsoever a tightly window. Even average QBs make that throw regularly.

It was one that was just late in his progression.

It’s not difficult to dissect Dak once you get a hang on the tendencies. He’s a system QB, that goes to his first or second read and stares down his WRs almost all the time. If that isn’t open, he rushed through his progressions and takes the Checkdown. Over and over and over again…

Moore is stuck having to scheme for a guy to get his WR open early in the progressions. That’s why a lot of it has to happen so close to the line, particularly against zone coverages

The jump by Buddy on the screen on the pick 6 was the typical example of this point how he stares everybody down.
Your analysis is hillarious.

So, he is supposed to go to his 3rd wr faster and make about a 30 yard throw (factoring east to west) while a guy sits underneath baiting him to throw it? The minute he throws that and that guy picks it, you would be the first one here saying he shouldn't have thrown it, bad read.

It must be great living in a world where you are never wrong. :facepalm:

I actually wish he threw it up to the wr on the left, he had a step and it was a go.

I think taking the sack there was a horrible play by Dak.

Do you look at any other qbs? Or do you just analyze Dak like you are playing madden?

Ken

Reaction score
Ok now you're getting my blood flowing lol, did you hear Aikman several games ago he mentioned that there were several players on the field not even running routes or running them to the first down marker??

What kind of offense is this, like seriously we only have one option and this forces Dak to run around and hopefully find someone open. To me that's not offense, that's LUCK!!!!!! I've seen routes where there's NOWHERE to throw it at all, guys run to the sidelines and there's guys on defense all over the route!!
I'm telling you, watch ****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE***'s youtube vid of every offensive play on the All 22. There are so many plays where Dak has no options to go anywhere. Ceedee and Coop are not even trying most of the time imo.

3 guys in a route and AZ has 7 guys in coverage on a lot of plays. I watch Tampa and they literally send everyon out into plays. Let Brady pick them apart.

You can't have the highest paid OL in the league and leave everyone in to block. BTW, on some of those where we had 7 guys blocking 4, Dak is sacked or gets hit because 3 guys can't get open with lazy routes against 7.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The line doesn’t consistently move defenders and create holes for Ezekiel Elliott and Tony Pollard in the running game. They don’t pass protect long enough for Dak Prescott to feel comfortable going through his reads and throwing deep. They commit way too many penalties — an embarrassing 52 as a unit — and if they can’t play any better than they did Sunday against Arizona then the Cowboys’ offensive woes will continue.

Ken

Reaction score
Moore is FORCED by Dak’s limitations to have to get the ball out early,

Dak can’t even do a traditional 5-7 drop, which is why he got the ball batted down like 20 times last game.

Why do you think Moore went heavy up tempo to start the last two games to try and get Dak out of his “slump”. He wanted him to process faster.
So, Dak traditionally has among the lowest passes batted down in the league, and even after last games anamoly of 5, he is still like 23rd in the league.

But ya, he can't drop back. :facepalm:

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Just remember, the guy doing this All-22 was a QB in real life not Madden. So if he says it was a "tight-ish" window that doesnt mean to interpret it as a "clearly open" wr.

He even points out the DB's baiting Dak to throw the ball, but you skipped all that and said "Even average QB's make that throw regularly". Really?!? Name them for us please.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Yes....DAK can't figure it out...not the OC.

They know our scheme. I actually noticed this going through the all 22....they know what we are doing in certain formations. Some are very obvious to the layman, like the OL out wide is a screen....but there are other formations where they will max blitz us and have a guy coming through the gap and jumping and blocking the only hot route in the play.

It is quite obvious our scheme has been figured out. Coupled with the hobbled running back we have...recipe for disaster.
Oh look, here comes Ken blaming everyone else but Dak.

In fairness, the Cardinals D seemed to recognize and blow up every screen play the Cowboys ran. However, there are still very basic plays every offense in the league runs. This is where Dak looks confused.

CWR

Reaction score
This Dak Watch series is put out by BtBoys. The guy that does these (Mark Schofield) does a really good job.

Some of the defensive formations the Cards ran were interesting and ran effectively creating confusion.

The Cards had Budda Baker come down on the line to play the passing lanes that Dak typically goes to when pressed.

Baker is one hell of a player. He's a nice weapon to be deployed.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Wow. Didn’t notice 4 of them..
Did you not notice it because of "mob mentality"?

By that I mean...is it the "noise" about Dak that is preventing you from objectively look at the football game?

Dak needs to play better for sure. But he is not the only one who needs to play better. This OL is average. Their is nothing elite OR good about this OL. If Dak plays better....and nothing or no one else on this team plays better.....it won't matter....we will flush another double digit wins season down the toilet. Just like we've done with the other 9 we've had over the last 25 years.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Did you not notice it because of "mob mentality"?

By that I mean...is it the "noise" about Dak that is preventing you from objectively look at the football game?

Dak needs to play better for sure. But he is not the only one who needs to play better. This OL is average. Their is nothing elite OR good about this OL. If Dak plays better....and nothing or no one else on this team plays better.....it won't matter....we will flush another double digit wins season down the toilet. Just like we've done with the other 9 we've had over the last 25 years.
The whole Offense needs to play better. O-Line coach needs to be gone.

khiladi

Reaction score
Just remember, the guy doing this All-22 was a QB in real life not Madden. So if he says it was a "tight-ish" window that doesnt mean to interpret it as a "clearly open" wr.

He even points out the DB's baiting Dak to throw the ball, but you skipped all that and said "Even average QB's make that throw regularly". Really?!? Name them for us please.

So what if he played Pee Wee football QB? This is a guy who spent like the first three minutes analyzing a basic play action fake to Schultz.

He also said he could have made the throw…. That’s a typical sideline intermediate throw over a defender at least 5 feet in front of him. It’s a ZONE coverage and Dak has the sideline to protect him on this throw.

And I said any average QB could make the throw.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Your analysis is hillarious.

So, he is supposed to go to his 3rd wr faster and make about a 30 yard throw (factoring east to west) while a guy sits underneath baiting him to throw it? The minute he throws that and that guy picks it, you would be the first one here saying he shouldn't have thrown it, bad read.

It must be great living in a world where you are never wrong. :facepalm:

I actually wish he threw it up to the wr on the left, he had a step and it was a go.

I think taking the sack there was a horrible play by Dak.

Do you look at any other qbs? Or do you just analyze Dak like you are playing madden?

No, its actually You Dak-stans are so comical with your exaggerations regarding this mediocre QB.

I never said he had to go there, I said he was open.
You think he’s baiting him, because the guy said it. It’s basically a ZONE coverage, it’s not baiting and of course Dak is WORRIED. He’s always worried for those type of throws. In reality, the whole sideline is there for Dak to work with.

And it’s basically 17 yards downfield from the LOS and Dak about two yards begin it.

Abd this idea it was a complex coverage is completely irrelevant, you know why? Because the OL stifled every single rusher and Dak has all the time in the world to make the throw.

In either case, you can’t blame “the play call” or “Moore” of the “WR”, because the OC is supposed to provide the Qb with OPTIONS that Dak didn’t take.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
You think he’s baiting him, because the guy said it. It’s basically a ZONE coverage, it’s not baiting and of course Dak is WORRIED. He’s always worried for those type of throws. In reality, he just has to put it a little out.

And it’s basically 17 yards downfield from the LOS and Dak about two yards begin it. You Dak-stans are so comical with your exaggerations regarding this mediocre QB.

Abd this idea it was a complex coverage is completely irrelevant, you know why? Because the OL stifled every single rusher and Dak has all the time in the world.
Ugh...he is absolutely baiting him.

He is staring right at Dak...he literally takes 2 steps and is all over the wr...you can see it in the vid.

It is a 25-30 yard throw, he would have had to throw it to the sideline.

Again, this isn't madden that you just throw darts with pinpoint accuracy.