Twitter: Dak will focus on accuracy next year

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
His receivers had 28 drops in 2017, compared to 13 in 2016.

Counting drops as completions, and removing throwaways, spikes, batted passes, and hit as thrown:
Adjusted completion percentage
2016 75.3% (10th)
2017 74.3% (10th)

It could be that they don't see anything to gain in telling him that it's the anticipation of pressure that turns him into a different QB. I really hope that's not the case, and that they address this issue somehow. It couldn't hurt to bring in a "brain trainer" like the one used by Russell Wilson.

We were no where near the top in dropped passes as a team in 2017 http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=nfl&rank=232&type=receiving. Most of those drops were by Dez but still as a team we were very good overall in 2017 compared to other teams. Here are the individual player drops for the season also https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats...CEIVING&opp=0&sort=11&qualified=1&sortOrder=0

condoin125

Reaction score

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
We were no where near the top in dropped passes as a team in 2017 http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=nfl&rank=232&type=receiving. Most of those drops were by Dez but still as a team we were very good overall in 2017 compared to other teams. Here are the individual player drops for the season also https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats...CEIVING&opp=0&sort=11&qualified=1&sortOrder=0
28 dropped passes in 2017
Bryant 12
Williams 5
Butler 3
Beasley 2
Witten 2
Switzer 1
Brown 1
Elliott 1
Morris 1

That's from PFF. Other sources treat drops much more conservatively.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
It's amazing to me that people try to say this dude has a strong arm...it's like people see his biceps and think that equates to arm strength...it doesn't. These targets aren't even that far and he still has to step into the throws....Carr doesn't have to move his lower body at all.
Arm size has absolutely nada to do with throwin footballs or pitching. I agree with you. I got descent size gunz and a skinny dude with like 14" biceps could launch it like 50-60yds no problem. It has more to do with the structure of your shoulder and arm (the ligaments and tendons and all sorts of internal genetic stuff)

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the kid, but does focusing on accuracy mean throwing even more 4-5 yard passes to pad his completion percentage? :(

The King of the dink and dunk Pass...if this guy is a NFL QB im Johnny Unitas.....This Dak of ours makes Quincy Carter look Great!!!!

rpntex

Reaction score
Sure...

But how do you explain Dak missing a wide open Dez Bryant in the endzone multiple times in the first game of the season?

Tyron was playing..

How do you explain the Denver game?

Tyron was playing..

And as you said, Dak was only sacked 10 times in that strectch..

What gives?

Reading comprehension is your friend. My very first statement said that it would be ludicrous for anyone to say dad did not have accuracy problems. I think that explains why he missed throws, and have been missing throws his entire career.

The Denver game is easily explainable… It was a bad game for everyone. Players have them occasionally.

It was a bad game for everyone. Players have them occasionally.

As for your “10 sack” question, it’s a pretty good offensive line that allows an average of one sack for game. 10 in an eight game stretch is not a high number at all.

Seriously, if you cannot look at his numbers in those first eight games and the last eight, and see the correlation, and how it relates to the health of the offensive line, I can’t help you.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
28 dropped passes in 2017
Bryant 12
Williams 5
Butler 3
Beasley 2
Witten 2
Switzer 1
Brown 1
Elliott 1
Morris 1

That's from PFF. Other sources treat drops much more conservatively.

Ok but how does that compare leauge wide to other teams, i would be curious to know. They must have those same stats for all 32 teams

Wood

Reaction score
I don't think QB really improve physical traits once he reaches NFL. Most of progress is mental in improved ability to read what defense is doing. But arm strength, accuracy and general arm talent are set. Maybe tweek foot placement on throws but most revert back to their tendencies in pressure situations. Its concerning to me in year 3 of his career that Dak wants to focus on accuracy. That should have been core issue at Mississippi State or even Haughton high school.

dallasdave

Reaction score
He looks like a young Bellicheat.

That 30 for 30 on the two Bills was pretty good.

QEBjqjS.jpg
Bill JR :lmao2: