Dak will not win a championship in today's NFL

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Well he said.......... "It's obvious with the four best defenses(Bal, Dal, Chi, LAC) being put out of the playoffs that defense will no longer win championships with today's offenses."

Indicating that those defenses are good enough a win a championship. None of those defenses are.
Right. So that defaults to having a good offense, a multi-dimensional offense.
I guess you could argue if you have a generational defense like the 85 Bears you could beat today's offenses. But would you consider any of these offenses generational? I wouldn't.
So you're left with having to have a good offense instead of a good defense to win championships.
I don't necessarily agree, but I understand the argument, especially with the way the rules favor the offenses.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Okay then let's extrapolate that point. Absent an elite defense, your next best bet is probably an elite quarterback

Dak isn't that and isn't close

I don't think an elite quarterback is the next best bet at all, Dak being an elite quarterback or not...... but ok

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Dak can’t win a championship in today’s NFL. Dallas lost to the Rams. However, tomorrow’s NFL is going to be completely different.

Nope tomorrows NFL will have the Pats, saints, cheifs, and rams as the top 4 teams left in the playoffs.

High powered offenses. I stand correct.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
If Eli Manning and Joe Flacco have done it and Cam Newton can get to a Super Bowl, I would think Dak can do it, too.

All it takes is proper scheme and a QB coach to clean up his mechanical flaws.

Difference is those guys didnt have to go up against new age offenses like today.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Yeah but how did they go about “respecting” their receivers?
I'm not going to play your juvenile games.

Rewatch the game and pay attention to the defensive strategies and personnel.

Also read my post again. I said respect their passing game, not receivers.

You can't seriously be suggesting that we went into that game intending to dare the Rams of all teams to pass the ball against us. Like they did to us.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not going to play your juvenile games.

Rewatch the game and pay attention to the defensive strategies and personnel.

Also read my post again. I said respect their passing game, not receivers.

You can't seriously be suggesting that we went into that game intending to dare the Rams of all teams to pass the ball against us. Like they did to us.
They didn’t respect their passing game. They dared Goff to beat them...he handed off instead and they still couldn’t stop their run game. Go back watch the game.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can we win with an average QB (Dak), yes. But when things go wrong and your elite defense is a siv, your league leading rusher can't run, will Dak carry this team to wins in the post season....No hes just not good enough.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
But would you consider any of these offenses generational?.

No, I certainly would not.

So you're left with having to have a good offense instead of a good defense to win championships.

That's what I'm saying. We have a good offense and a good defense this year. Neither great. No one should expect us to win a championship this year with both sides being merely good. This year to me is just a promising year where we're starting to rebuild a few components of our team. We have a lot of promise, but we need to take small steps, and make the necessary changes. We have a lot of future Pro-Bowlers (J. Smith, LVE, Gregory, Gallup, Jarwin, etc...) to make me think we'll be much better very soon.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No, I certainly would not.

That's what I'm saying. We have a good offense and a good defense this year. Neither great. No one should expect us to win a championship this year with both sides being merely good. This year to me is just a promising year where we're starting to rebuild a few components of our team. We have a lot of promise, but we need to take small steps, and make the necessary changes. We have a lot of future Pro-Bowlers (J. Smith, LVE, Gregory, Gallup, Jarwin, etc...) to make me think we'll be much better very soon.
Okay.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
'85 Bears. '00 Ravens. '02 Buccaneers. '13 Seahawks. and '15 Broncos would win against most teams. Those are elite defenses, imo.

'85 Bears was the favorite all year to win the Championship and they swept through the playoffs all the way to the Super Bowl. Their defense allowed 10 points for the whole Playoffs.
'00 Ravens destroyed the Giants in the Super Bowl. Lots of people picked the Giants, but that game proved elite defenses beats an offense anyday.
'02 Buccaneers defense was dominant on all facets of the game. Scrambling Quarterbacks made no difference to them. They easily held Michael Vick at his peak to the lowest QB rating of his career. And he was rushing for over 1000 yards per year during that era? Any type of offense gets suppressed by a defense like that.
'13 Seahawks absolutely destroyed a Peyton Manning offense. Who beats a Peyton Manning offense 43-8?
'15 Broncos defense held a 15-1 Panthers offense who looked dominant all year to 10 points.

Offense only wins the Super Bowl in years when there are no championship caliber defenses.
Can't argue that other than to say elite defenses as you describe them will become rarer and rarer as the league continues to push rules that favor the offensive side of the ball and organizations focus on stockpiling talent on that side of the ball to take advantage of those rules.

"Elite" will be, and pretty much is, relative to the performance of the rest of the league as far as defenses go. If the league defenses average giving up an average of 25 points a game and your defense gives up 17 a game, I would consider that elite.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Dumb post when we were eliminated by a team that dominated us on the ground while having a pedestrian passing performance.

Really dumb.

Hey man I'm frustrated too with this team but even when the defense got 2-3 rare stops Dak got the ball back and gave it right back to the rams.

Nobody talks about that though. Not to mention one of those stops were in the first QTR.

Dont be like that.

shabazz

Reaction score
Mahomes dismantled the colts #3 ranked defense yesterday

Great Qb’s adapt and overcome

The only thing our overweight Qb can overcome is a big bowl of Cambells Chunky Soup

HungryLion

Reaction score
Hey man I'm frustrated too with this team but even when the defense got 2-3 rare stops Dak got the ball back and gave it right back to the rams.

Nobody talks about that though. Not to mention one of those stops were in the first QTR.

Dont be like that.

The defense got one stop. Not 2-3.

Aven8

Reaction score
Just bring an OC already that is good and let’s find out! Dak not carrying the ball is ludicrous

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
wont matter who we have at QB if we can't stop the run.
QB aint the problem.
1T is...Woods needs help.

I'd rather have a big armed QB that can go toe to toe in a shootout when the defense struggles than a QB like dak who will stumble and fall behind.

Trust me, you would be more impressed with the ladder.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Another point that needs to be mentioned is the defense is going to regress as the bill comes due on these young guys. Offense as well. Unless home runs are regularly hit in the draft.

Better be damn sure you're getting your money's worth at the most important position on the team.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
It's obvious with the four best defenses(Bal, Dal, Chi, LAC) being put out of the playoffs that defense will no longer win championships with today's offenses.

That brings me to our QB. Dak is not a pure passer, we will need to pass to win in this league from now on. Our style of ball just wont cut it and anyone who believes it would are fooling themselves.

High scoring offenses are becoming a trend and it will only spread throughout the league as the years go. Dallas will certainly have to "join'em" to bring competitive football to this fanbase.

Now I know most of you will tell me that Dak needs a fair chance with better coaching but I disagree. Dak simply is not built for this new trend that will soon take over this league in the next few years.

Not only is Dak not talented enough but he has hit his ceiling and is not a player that can even develope the skills needed to succeed in this jungle. He just doesnt have it.

The rams, saints, and cheifs will be there every year to intercept teams like Dallas and so will the newcomers that are starting to look for the mcveys, Payton's, and Reids.

Dak was given a chance to prove he could carry this team and he failed yesterday. He failed to run when opportunities where there, he failed to be accurate, he failed to extend drives, giving the ball back, which contributed to the rams continuing their scoring party on the defense.

When you get hit in the mouth you have to hit back everytime. Slip ups by the captain righting the ship are unacceptable.

Dak is not a captain. He is a players that cant keep up with the herd.

If you are not skillful enough to run with the herd then out the door you shall go.

As a fanbase who have put up with loads of BS through out the years, we dont deserve just competitive football. We deserve "competitive championship" football.

Dak as a handicap will never give our fanbase that.
Coaching was a bigger problem, they misused pre-season and down the stretch multiple teams were able to tell what we were doing before we did it. Dak is about the 10th best qb in the league, hopefully he can get a bit better, but I think we would diminish our chances if we tried to make a change at QB