Dak will not win a championship in today's NFL

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
If Jerry extends Dak and he probably will they best hire an OC that knows how to use him properly.

Further, bring in a QB coach that actually helps him with his mechanics and footwork.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Just another Prescott hater that has the delusion that Prescott is supposed to have 100% completion and if heaven forbid he misses a receiver, start the Prescott must go whine and dance. News flash!!!!! No QB completes 100%, not Brady, not Rodgers, not Brees, NONE. To say the defense stunk but they should have never been out of the game is pure BS. Because of how bad the defense played the Cowboys had such a tiny percent chance of winning and that would have only happened if the rams defense started to play as bad as the Cowboys defense. Except for the possession the Cowboys forced a punt and the very last possession of the game, the rams SCORED ON EVERY OTHER POSSESSION! Except for the last possession the rams crossed mid-field ON EVERY POSSESSION. Anyone who even for a split second TRIES to put any blame on Prescott is just pushing their Prescott hatred and ignoring what the truth is and what the rest of the sports world has said.

:hammer:

The defense was so bad the offense has no chance to win.

Would have taken an absolutely perfect game for the offense to pull off the win.

The defense also played two playoff games and forced ZERO turnovers.

Zero turnovers in the playoffs will NOT win a championship.

conner01

Reaction score
It's obvious with the four best defenses(Bal, Dal, Chi, LAC) being put out of the playoffs that defense will no longer win championships with today's offenses.

That brings me to our QB. Dak is not a pure passer, we will need to pass to win in this league from now on. Our style of ball just wont cut it and anyone who believes it would are fooling themselves.

High scoring offenses are becoming a trend and it will only spread throughout the league as the years go. Dallas will certainly have to "join'em" to bring competitive football to this fanbase.

Now I know most of you will tell me that Dak needs a fair chance with better coaching but I disagree. Dak simply is not built for this new trend that will soon take over this league in the next few years.

Not only is Dak not talented enough but he has hit his ceiling and is not a player that can even develope the skills needed to succeed in this jungle. He just doesnt have it.

The rams, saints, and cheifs will be there every year to intercept teams like Dallas and so will the newcomers that are starting to look for the mcveys, Payton's, and Reids.

Dak was given a chance to prove he could carry this team and he failed yesterday. He failed to run when opportunities where there, he failed to be accurate, he failed to extend drives, giving the ball back, which contributed to the rams continuing their scoring party on the defense.

When you get hit in the mouth you have to hit back everytime. Slip ups by the captain righting the ship are unacceptable.

Dak is not a captain. He is a players that cant keep up with the herd.

If you are not skillful enough to run with the herd then out the door you shall go.

As a fanbase who have put up with loads of BS through out the years, we dont deserve just competitive football. We deserve "competitive championship" football.

Dak as a handicap will never give our fanbase that.
The best pure passer in the playoffs was luck
He’s home now

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I don’t disagree with what you’re saying but look how we just got beat.

We just need to figure out how to be deceptive with our offense.

The Rams give you a few formations but they bait you into things with their tendencies.

Motion, misdirection, playaction, and hurry up.. It’s missing from our offense.

Funny is that Dak does so well out of the pocket. I have no clue why Garrett and Linehan keeps wanting him to be a pocket passer.

How hard is it to run play action, bootlegs and RPO? Seriously we have the dumbest coaches in the NFL right now. I watch high school football and even some of the coaches use alot of pro style offenses.

I don't see whats hard in making those plays the staple of our offense. NONE.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The stage was set for Dak to take over that game. Open receivers were everywhere and he did not make the passes to keep the team in the game. I don’t care what you do with scheme and OC, if your QB can’t consistently hit the wide open receivers it does not matter.

The defense stunk but we should have never been out of that game. Never should have only had 7 in the first half. This is the occasion where I said on Saturday where at some point Dak is going to have to put some points on the board on the first half and he did not get the job done.

Open receivers were not everywhere. The problem is we kept trying to run the ball up the middle. That got is into 3rd and long. I wished that we would have just thrown the game plan away and went full blown RPO, play action and bootlegs all game long. We never for once used Dak's legs to win this game. That's the coaches fault. Not Daks.

cguy610

Reaction score
:hammer:

The defense was so bad the offense has no chance to win.

Would have taken an absolutely perfect game for the offense to pull off the win.

The defense also played two playoff games and forced ZERO turnovers.

Zero turnovers in the playoffs will NOT win a championship.

Good point. The two turnovers the Saints forced today were the difference in the game.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Will Caine is just as much a blind homer as skip Bayless. And he has the nerve to call someone an idiot!

If I were you I'd think twice before using will Caine as an out to prove anything!

Cain and Bayless are nothing alike.

Your OP is definitely Skip Baylessesque though!

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Look at the 4 teams remaining

Goff isn't elite--yet--but he's a #1 pick for a reason

The remaining teams have Mahomes, Brees, and Brady

Yeah, you're right

An elite qb isn't a good bet at all

I didn't say it wasn't a good bet, but the next best bet was your claim.

Mahomes had one year. He looked impressive against the Colts no doubt, but Dak looked impressive against the Packers in the playoffs in 2016. The defense allows 34 to Aaron Rodgers. If the Cowboys defense played the way the Chiefs did yesterday, undoubtedly Dallas wins that game. And Prescott gets seen as some hero going into the Falcons game. But sure...being the Cowboys fan you are, keep bashing our own QB while declaring rookie Mahomes "elite." (Not saying Dak is elite, btw)

sbark

Reaction score
Open receivers were not everywhere. The problem is we kept trying to run the ball up the middle. That got is into 3rd and long. I wished that we would have just thrown the game plan away and went full blown RPO, play action and bootlegs all game long. We never for once used Dak's legs to win this game. That's the coaches fault. Not Daks.
I can see if, when Scott Linehan gets thrown under the bus, his views on the scheme, dak, what they asked dak to do and he didn't will emerge

Now, if they let him save some integrity.....we may never know

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Nope. Elite defenses still win championships. Our defense is not elite. There are no elite defenses this year. Simple as that.
Right. An elite defense doesn’t allow a team to run down their throats an entire game.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Dak can win a championship, but it would require a creative coach like Andy Reid or Mcvay

Neither of those coaches would help dak. Main reason being that dak isnt mahomes or Goff talent wise.

Mahomes arm is on video game level. Dak couldnt make half those throws Goff made against us on his best day.

If raid or mcvey took over this Dallas team they obviously would dump dak to the side and upgrade at QB and that's a fact.

Coaches like that have no time for a QB that isnt coachable to the skills needed to run said type of offense.

I have no idea why some of you fans dont understand that.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I will admit to this..

In DAK I certainly see his weaknesses now.

Before it was obscured by Zeke's suspension..

when Zeke left DAK stumbled badly.

After this year..

..this last game especially..

his poor accuracy will not cut it.

He is a college running QB in a pro environment.

He will never be a classic NFL QB IMO.

He will always have worts to deal with.

So having felt that now..

I love DAK but DAK the QB is going to have to learn accuracy.

Troy said you either have accuracy or you don't.

DAK ain't got it.

We need to find somebody to compete with DAK in TC.

Somebody to push him if we are keeping him.

Just saying how I feel after watching DAK since 2016.

Tell us about the 1950s!

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
That's what I saw too. We scored a touchdown first and got the ball first in the second half.
We don't have a 85 Bears defense nor a 00 Ravens defense.
Our defense did a great job this year, but it has to get help from our offense. Yesterday, we couldn't. We held the Rams to two field goals. We had the opportunity to go up 14-6. But we couldn't cash in.
The Rams were dedicated to stopping Zeke. That means there were opportunities in the passing game.
Dak just couldn't take advantage of them consistently enough to keep up with the Rams.
Sometimes, you're going to have to win a shoot out. We simply can't do that with Dak.
Now, I will admit our playcalling sucks. But that's another issue altogether.
Fans will never understand this.

The stage was set and their lovable QB couldnt come thru even with the rare stops. They'd rather blame the while defense instead of talking about the stops the poor guys were able to give Dak and dak not cashing in at all.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I didn't say it wasn't a good bet, but the next best bet was your claim.

Mahomes had one year. He looked impressive against the Colts no doubt, but Dak looked impressive against the Packers in the playoffs in 2016. The defense allows 34 to Aaron Rodgers. If the Cowboys defense played the way the Chiefs did yesterday, undoubtedly Dallas wins that game. And Prescott gets seen as some hero going into the Falcons game. But sure...being the Cowboys fan you are, keep bashing our own QB while declaring rookie Mahomes "elite." (Not saying Dak is elite, btw)

50 tds in one season is elite.

I can't imagine anyone wouldn't agree with that