Dak winner, Wentz loser

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're wrong, Dez had other offers he turned down, he also could've signed earlier with the Saints. Do your research and stop putting out Bs. That not a good look for you.

I have done the research. Probably more than many media members.

The Ravens offer story was made up by his agent. The agent likely knew that was one of the teams that would not comment and therefore not dispute his story.

I sure that you know Agents use specific media members to plant stories. Teams do it also.

The Browns visit was also scripted. Why do you think a camera crew was following him around and allowed access inside the Browns operations?

He got injured immediately after signing with the Saints. The probability of injury is much higher if he was out of shape.

His agent even managed to get out a story about him being in great condition when he came in for a visit with the Saints. After he signed it came out that a part of the discussion with the Saints was about their concern that he was "too heavy" which in sports almost always means the player is out of shape.

Sydla

Reaction score
I have done the research. Probably more than many media members.

The Ravens offer story was made up by his agent. The agent likely knew that was one of the teams that would not comment and therefore not dispute his story.

I sure that you know Agents use specific media members to plant stories. Teams do it also.

The Browns visit was also scripted. Why do you think a camera crew was following him around and allowed access inside the Browns operations?

He got injured immediately after signing with the Saints. The probability of injury is much higher if he was out of shape.

His agent even managed to get out a story about him being in great condition when he came in for a visit with the Saints. After he signed it came out that a part of the discussion with the Saints was about their concern that he was "too heavy" which in sports almost always means the player is out of shape.

I don't think that's true. I think a few weeks ago when he signed with the Saints one of the Ravens' beat writers confirmed that he had turned down a much better offer from the Ravens.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Notice the lack of an answer to my question.

Hey copy and paste boy, take a break from your Cowboys fiction and answer. Who do you want QBing your team? Wentz or Dak?

Wentz? Or Dak?

Carefully paste your response here _________.

I don't "line" in Philly. I don't even live in Philly. I haven't lived a day of my life in Philadelphia. Strive to have a clue of what you're talking about.

I hang my head in shame for hating the Jones family. Oh wait, no I don't. I'm a fan with a clue and realize the cancer that family is to this team. There's a reason why they don't win anymore.

Any intelligent Cowboys fan by this point hates that family and their involvement with this team. The rest are just cheerleaders.

You may have a problem with that because you're a fiction guy. You like the Land of Make Believe. Where Jerry gets briefed on personnel moves so he doesn't sound clueless to the media.

But this is non-fiction. Reality. Like copy and pasting, you struggle with that.

You've posted about being in Philly more than once. Maybe your cave is in the suburbs or somewhere nearby but you've inadvertently admitted to it in the past.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think that's true. I think a few weeks ago when he signed with the Saints one of the Ravens' beat writers confirmed that he had turned down a much better offer from the Ravens.

In Dallas, "reporters" like Calvin Watkins just repeat what other media have already reported. I'm sure they have "reporters" like Watkins in other cities.

In the era of twitter and social media, many reports can be traced back to a single person and other media and fans continually re-tweet or re-report it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
With Zeke running the rocks 20+ times and Dak only throwing everything under 10 yards, of course, he can have a better statistical day. But I can guarantee you that if the Cowboys fall behind early there's no coming back because Dak can't put this team on his back. Don't think for a moment that this is Dak's team because it is NOT, this is Zeke's team and that already has been established. In Philly, there's no doubt who is the go-to guy.
Dak has put this team on his back before and with his arm got us back into the game so to say he can't is rubbish.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak has put this team on his back before and with his arm got us back into the game so to say he can't is rubbish.

Maybe but I am still trading Dak for Wentz if that was a possibility largely because of the ceiling. Wentz has the tools to be an elite QB. Now he may never get there but tools wise he has a higher ceiling than Dak, who I think will never be more than a good game manager.

Which might be enough to win as long as you surround him with a great OL and RBs and WRs.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

Dak is more clutch that Wentz and has proven he has the ability to put the team on his back and either win or give them a great chance at winning at the end of the game. Believe he lead the team back against the Packers in the playoffs. But, the D gave up a big pass to set up the Packers game winning FG

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak is more clutch that Wentz and has proven he has the ability to put the team on his back and either win or give them a great chance at winning at the end of the game. Believe he lead the team back against the Packers in the playoffs. But, the D gave up a big pass to set up the Packers game winning FG

There's really not much to suggest this - Dak is 3-3 in "clutch" situations this year, he lost every game against an above average team. That's WITH a good supporting cast.

Wentz is needing to do it all with his arm - they don't have a run game, their defense is not good this year, their O-line is shaky. They have a TE and some good WRs. That's it.

Completely different situations here and this argument is going to look silly, just like thinking Dak was Tom Brady 2 years ago looks silly now.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Why don't you take out Wentz' best season and see how it looks. See how that works?

I said I'd take away both Dak and Wentz' 2016/17 seasons. Wentz is still better than Dak in nearly every category outside of completion percentage.

You want to try again?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
There's really not much to suggest this - Dak is 3-3 in "clutch" situations this year, he lost every game against an above average team. That's WITH a good supporting cast.

Wentz is needing to do it all with his arm - they don't have a run game, their defense is not good this year, their O-line is shaky. They have a TE and some good WRs. That's it.

Completely different situations here and this argument is going to look silly, just like thinking Dak was Tom Brady 2 years ago looks silly now.

Again mentioning what Wentz doesn't have? While I agree every QB needs a consistent running game and an solid O line to be successful. But, then for me it all comes back to how Dak needing the "Perfect team" or certain parts around him to win is used to discredit him. While Wentz not having the "Perfect team" or certain parts around him is used to excuse him if he struggles and/or the Eagles have a losing season or miss the playoffs with Wentz under center.

Double Standards makes no sense to me and never will. As needing certain key parts is used to build up one QB, while it's used to tear the other down. Wentz had so many great parts around him that the Eagles won the Superbowl with Foles and yet with Wentz defenders this isn't used against him. Like with Dak "He only won because he had Zeke/ an O line/ a great defense etc...."

Wentz getting a top RB, O Line, weapons and regaining a great Defense, won't be used against him, if he and the Eagles happen to rebound next season with great play and a playoff run. But, it will always be used against Dak, especially concerning Zeke.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

This is a great example about how bogus the completion % stat is on the surface.

Brees and his completion stat is far more impressive and could end up making history by the end of the season. Dak is averaging 7.0 yards a completion while Brees is averaging 8.9.

This stat closely resembles Kansas City Alex Smith.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Again mentioning what Wentz doesn't have? While I agree every QB needs a consistent running game and an solid O line to be successful. But, then for me it all comes back to how Dak needing the "Perfect team" or certain parts around him to win is used to discredit him. While Wentz not having the "Perfect team" or certain parts around him is used to excuse him if he struggles and/or the Eagles have a losing season or miss the playoffs with Wentz under center.

Double Standards makes no sense to me and never will. As needing certain key parts is used to build up one QB, while it's used to tear the other down. Wentz had so many great parts around him that the Eagles won the Superbowl with Foles and yet with Wentz defenders this isn't used against him. Like with Dak "He only won because he had Zeke/ an O line/ a great defense etc...."

Wentz getting a top RB, O Line, weapons and regaining a great Defense, won't be used against him, if he and the Eagles happen to rebound next season with great play and a playoff run. But, it will always be used against Dak, especially concerning Zeke.

I'm mentioning the supporting cast for Dak, outside of a player or two, is intact. He has a solid defense, he has a top 5 RB, he has a good offensive line even if they are up and down....

I usually don't bring up the W/L column, but it is however being used here to prop up Dak about being "clutch" - but it's just not true. Again, do you consider Aaron Rodgers clutch? What is the purpose of being "clutch" if you cant do this against good teams? The thing with Rodgers is, he has the talent to blow good teams out so he's not in a situation with the need to be clutch. Dak does not have this talent. You know who does? Wentz. Outside of one game this year, the Eagles have been able to put up points.

Dak is not putting up a lot of points, yet we are still in a position where we need him to be "clutch" which he is .500 and hasn't done well against teams with winning records.

It's not an impressive stat and actually hurts Dak since we know his abilities and limitations.

Verdict

Reaction score
I said I'd take away both Dak and Wentz' 2016/17 seasons. Wentz is still better than Dak in nearly every category outside of completion percentage.

You want to try again?

You want to cherry pick stats. How about just look at what they have actually done over their entire careers? You know, not fictitious scenarios.

Then let's consider the draft pick compensation given up for the players, and the cap hit they both have. Dak is clearly a better deal for the Cowboys than Wentz is for the Eagles.

If you love Wentz and the Eagles so much, maybe you are rooting for the wrong team. Either that or you are secretly an Eagles fan already.

As a side note it is hilarious that the Eagles (and their "almost omnipotent management and coaching") has the Eagles on the verge of missing the playoffs entirely with essentially the same cast as last year. That's some funny stuff right there.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I'm mentioning the supporting cast for Dak, outside of a player or two, is intact. He has a solid defense, he has a top 5 RB, he has a good offensive line even if they are up and down....

I usually don't bring up the W/L column, but it is however being used here to prop up Dak about being "clutch" - but it's just not true. Again, do you consider Aaron Rodgers clutch? What is the purpose of being "clutch" if you cant do this against good teams? The thing with Rodgers is, he has the talent to blow good teams out so he's not in a situation with the need to be clutch. Dak does not have this talent. You know who does? Wentz. Outside of one game this year, the Eagles have been able to put up points.

Dak is not putting up a lot of points, yet we are still in a position where we need him to be "clutch" which he is .500 and hasn't done well against teams with winning records.

It's not an impressive stat and actually hurts Dak since we know his abilities and limitations.

Wentz is 4-6 this season. So, may have put up some points in some games this season, but that has them at 4-6 and at a worse record than the Cowboys are right now. Wentz in close games against, Carolina A potential wild card team and the Cowboys a 5-5 team who can be in first place in the Division hasn't been able to win/tie, when his team needed him to at the end of games. So, how many clutch moments does Wentz have even against bad teams?

Got to start somewhere and can only play the teams that the NFL puts in front of the Cowboys to play. SOS is not as important in the NFL, especially when one game can make a difference in whether or not a team can fall below .500 or get above .500. If Wentz comes up big, then Eagles are looking at 6-4, instead of 4-6. If Dak messes up and throws an game ending INT, against the Eagles/Falcons. The Boys are looking at 3-7, instead of 5-5. So, last minute clutch drives and games coming down to less than 7 points, can make all the difference in whether or not teams has a winning or losing record.

This is the NFL and this season, there have been plenty of games that have come down to the 4th quarter and many games that have gone into OT, because of how competitive the NFL can be no matter what the records are. A win is a win in the NFL.

And you don't have to agree on Dak and whether or not he is the future QB for the Cowboys. But, saying "He only wins because of the supporting cast" for one QB and "He's an good QB and is only struggling because he doesn't have a proper supporting cast", will always be mind boggling to me, as the supporting cast subject is either used to tear down or build up a QB depending on favortism or dislike for the QBs in the conversation.

Outside of Brady and Brees there really aren't a lot of QBs who can just pug in any weapons on Offense and be good enough to take their team to the Superbowl.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You want to cherry pick stats. How about just look at what they have actually done over their entire careers? You know, not fictitious scenarios.

Then let's consider the draft pick compensation given up for the players, and the cap hit they both have. Dak is clearly a better deal for the Cowboys than Wentz is for the Eagles.

If you love Wentz and the Eagles so much, maybe you are rooting for the wrong team. Either that or you are secretly an Eagles fan already.

As a side note it is hilarious that the Eagles (and their "almost omnipotent management and coaching") has the Eagles on the verge of missing the playoffs entirely with essentially the same cast as last year. That's some funny stuff right there.

A "cherry picked" stat are people running around saying being "clutch" against bad teams is somehow putting Dak over the top. Newflash: Dak can't beat winning teams.

I already looked at what they have done over their careers - Dak had a rookie of the year award, he then fell off a cliff and now is heavily criticized nationally. Wentz, however, had an extreme improvement from year 1 to 2, was a lock to be the MVP before hurting his knee, and even improved accuracy wise this year....

Wentz is #13 right now on PFF (the Saints game dropped him)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/carson-wentz/10636

Dak Prescott has stagnated at 20

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/dak-prescott/10769

That coach has a super bowl trophy, we have a clapper and a scrub QB from a trailer park.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is a great example about how bogus the completion % stat is on the surface.

Brees and his completion stat is far more impressive and could end up making history by the end of the season. Dak is averaging 7.0 yards a completion while Brees is averaging 8.9.

This stat closely resembles Kansas City Alex Smith.
This is a perfect example of a fan that has no idea what he is talking about. lol.

New Orleans has two of the top 6 yards after catch leaders.
Kamara and Thomas combine for over 800 yards.

DAL has NO ONE in the top 50. Zeke leads the team at 179.

Smith was playing for one of the best offenses in football in KC and won 31 games over his final 3 seasons.
He never finished .500 or below in 5 seasons in KC.

The facts are just facts. Brees and Dak are completing passes and not turning it over.
Brees is completing his passes for more yardage? Umm, OK. lol.
Dak is finishing second in a 2 man stat race with the likely NFL MVP. Poor us.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wentz is 4-6 this season. So, may have put up some points in some games this season, but that has them at 4-6 and at a worse record than the Cowboys are right now. Wentz in close games against, Carolina A potential wild card team and the Cowboys a 5-5 team who can be in first place in the Division hasn't been able to win/tie, when his team needed him to at the end of games. So, how many clutch moments does Wentz have even against bad teams?

Got to start somewhere and can only play the teams that the NFL puts in front of the Cowboys to play. SOS is not as important in the NFL, especially when one game can make a difference in whether or not a team can fall below .500 or get above .500. If Wentz comes up big, then Eagles are looking at 6-4, instead of 4-6. If Dak messes up and throws an game ending INT, against the Eagles/Falcons. The Boys are looking at 3-7, instead of 5-5. So, last minute clutch drives and games coming down to less than 7 points, can make all the difference in whether or not teams has a winning or losing record.

This is the NFL and this season, there have been plenty of games that have come down to the 4th quarter and many games that have gone into OT, because of how competitive the NFL can be no matter what the records are. A win is a win in the NFL.

And you don't have to agree on Dak and whether or not he is the future QB for the Cowboys. But, saying "He only wins because of the supporting cast" for one QB and "He's an good QB and is only struggling because he doesn't have a proper supporting cast", will always be mind boggling to me, as the supporting cast subject is either used to tear down or build up a QB depending on favortism or dislike for the QBs in the conversation.

Outside of Brady and Brees there really aren't a lot of QBs who can just pug in any weapons on Offense and be good enough to take their team to the Superbowl.

....you are proving what their problem is. Wentz put up points, but they still can't win games. Is Wentz on defense? I'm not even going to read the rest of your babble.

Until you understand what you just wrote supports Wentz, there is nothing else to discuss.