Dak winner, Wentz loser

cern

Reaction score
Ah, he's fine.

When you realize this guy is clearly lying out his face it becomes pure comedy to think you have someone so bothered they become unhinged enough to make up a fantasy realm to operate it.

He claimed (on his own) that he went to Stanford. He was asked to simply prove it. He predictably has avoided the challenge.
proving it would require giving out far more personal information than I would be willing to give. it's easy enough to judge one's education here by what they post and how they conduct themelves.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It's relevant because we have won 27 out of 42 games with him under center. It's relevant because, as evidenced by other teams, finding a QB who can win is a very hard thing to do.

So while I believe we could upgrade the position, I look at the available options and weigh the risks vs the benefits. We do not have a #1 pick in 2019 & if we even if we did #1 pick QB also have a high bust rate and this class is not looking strong. 2020 is a different story.

We could look in FA, but you're getting retreads that have had the same issues or worse then Prescott. Look at what the Vikings have done, for example. They made a QB change (making KC the highest paid QB, bc that's the cost in free agency) and got worse! Now they are stuck.

I'm all for upgrading the QB position, but I do not have a such a simplistic view on the situation like many. I realize that you have to make a smart decision on when to move on and who to pursue, because any change at this key position will have effects that influence multiple seasons.

The Vikings didn't get worse at QB, they are just not as good overall. He would be a huge upgrade over Prescott right now (though I don't think he's worth that contract).

The fact that something is difficult does not mean you don't do it. Especially when that is a virtual requirement.

You really need to throw out 2016, because that is never happening again and really skews your perception of what the team can do with him at QB. And please, stop suggesting it's the QB who "can win."

Obviously, there isn't really anything that can be done this year (outside of see what White can do), and there's unlikely much that can be done in the draft next year now that we've traded our 1st (which makes that cost hurt all that much more). I'm not sure there is much that can be done in FA or other trade next year either. That's the boondoggle this team got themselves into by going with him and thinking he was the guy.

I'm still not sure what any of that has to do with acknowledging that he is not a very good QB. Regardless of whether or not the team will be able to find a franchise guy soon, that is still true.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I find it a bit ironic that everything in your post just reinforces the relevancy of the question from just where do we find the next great qb. there's pretty much the draft and trades. trades for good qb's are very rare. cardinals gave up a lot for Bradford and just released him. Garoppolo went to the niners, but only because tom wields such influence with kraft that he demanded any threat to his future be traded away. so we can forget that route. that leaves the draft. most know who the top qb's will be, but they have to be available when you draft. you can try and trade for the pick, but most times you just won't have the ammo by way of enough picks. ergo the question, where are we going to find this next great qb. it's easy to say we need to upgrade. but it's effecting the upgrade that is the problem. the rest is tantamount to white noise.

Yes finding the upgrade is a problem. The absolute worst way to address that problem is to deny the need for it even exists.

cern

Reaction score
Yes finding the upgrade is a problem. The absolute worst way to address that problem is to deny the need for it even exists.
no one denies it. the problem is the means by which it can be done. very limited.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I'm still not sure what any of that has to do with acknowledging that he is not a very good QB. Regardless of whether or not the team will be able to find a franchise guy soon, that is still true.

Yes, I've said I think he's an average QB. I don't see what the consistent commentary on it is going to change.

There are coaching and play-calling changes that can help him. And I agree we should look to upgrade the position when a prospect that is worth the risk is available. But the position could get worse. You could pump resources into a guy that doesn't protect the football or makes worse decisions, is injury prone, etc.

Bradford, Osweiler, Bortles, Rosen, Darnold, Carr are all examples of QBs that teams have thrown resources and/or contracts at that have not worked out. It's not an easy task to find a stud.

cern

Reaction score
Lots and lots of people deny it. Not sure what threads you are reading.
that some deny it is irrelevant. accepting the premise it is absolutely necessary for the team to get better, there are still just a very limited number of ways it can be accomplished. the odds are not in favor of any team seeking a better qb other than to give away the farm. taman.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
The Vikings didn't get worse at QB, they are just not as good overall. He would be a huge upgrade over Prescott right now (though I don't think he's worth that contract).

This is an example of the kind of move I'm scared of. While he may be an upgrade as far as yardage between the sticks, he's makes way more mistakes than Dak. He has been terrible in the red zone. I would not pay guaranteed money and a long term contract to a guy like this--but that is exactly what you would have to do in the FA market.

cern

Reaction score
Yes, I've said I think he's an average QB. I don't see what the consistent commentary on it is going to change.

There are coaching and play-calling changes that can help him. And I agree we should look to upgrade the position when a prospect that is worth the risk is available. But the position could get worse. You could pump resources into a guy that doesn't protect the football or makes worse decisions, is injury prone, etc.

Bradford, Osweiler, Bortles, Rosen, Darnold, Carr are all examples of QBs that teams have thrown resources and/or contracts at that have not worked out. It's not an easy task to find a stud.
you left out Paxton lynch. we were vilified for not making more of a move to obtain his services. Elway was touted a genius for jumping ahead of us. who's the fool now?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
you left out Paxton lynch. we were vilified for not making more of a move to obtain his services. Elway was touted a genius for jumping ahead of us. who's the fool now?

There are many examples. It's really the hardest position to nail. That's why if you have a guy that you can win games with you have to be really judicious on his replacement.

People say Dak is a back-up, but I bet if we cut bait he'd be starting somewhere else, to whatever ends.

mardwin

Reaction score
You wanna bet that Dak has a better day against the saints than Wentz had against them?

0 TDs and 3 picks is what Wentz had

With Zeke running the rocks 20+ times and Dak only throwing everything under 10 yards, of course, he can have a better statistical day. But I can guarantee you that if the Cowboys fall behind early there's no coming back because Dak can't put this team on his back. Don't think for a moment that this is Dak's team because it is NOT, this is Zeke's team and that already has been established. In Philly, there's no doubt who is the go-to guy.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Yeah, it might not work out. But it for sure won't work out if you don't try. My commentary on it is almost exclusively in response to others commentary on it or as it pertains to some other topic. Usually, it's people trying to prop him up anytime Dallas wins that want to start the commentary.

I think it's WAY too early to say that about Rosen and Darnold, and I think too early on Carr as well. He has stopped throwing INTs and is doing alright now.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Hey, it may be too early on Prescott for that matter. Who knows what a new coaching staff could do with him.

If you recognize his issues and limitations, it's not too early. It's not a matter of being coached up in his case (though coaching could do much better making things easier for the whole team).

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that many are buying into your quasi moto routine. One takes the whole book, not just the bad chapters of the work...even those are growing and improving.

The Eagles are badly injured, but don't just rewrite to cover those up!!

Make an actual argument or get back to posting articles no one reads.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Straight up, you a Philadelphia fan or a Dallas fan? I think that the burn barrel buddies at least have a team loyalty!:facepalm:

I really don't give a crap what you think I am. Who are you? Again, go back to posting articles no one reads.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No, you came in insulting Dak after a pair of wins...you really sophisticated as is being claimed?

Who gives a crap? HE BEAT TWO 4-6 TEAMS!

EVERYONE on this board, a week ago, were calling for his head. Wanting him replaced. Now suddenly he's off-limits again?

Give me a break, boomer.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You went to Cal Poly, peasant. You’re so far beneath me.

You’re also beneath anyone who knows that the point of football is to win the game. I’m so sorry that your favorite team is on the brink of 1st place!!! LOL clown.

You don't even know how to work a site....

Don't talk about anyone being "beneath" you. The very site you tried referencing yesterday you couldn't even click right to sort....

Just hop out, dude.