Dak's accuracy has been an issue

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My goodness.

So, why was CeeDee Lamb frustrated?

Why did Mike McCarthy say and still says repeatedly: "The defense is the strength of this team." and "We will rely on our defense"?

Why did Dak say he wanted to limit his interceptions, take less chances and "rely on the defense"?

I will even give you a point in your favor: In the first few games, the weather was so bad, we really didn't get a good read on Dak's performance. 2 of the games were out here on the east coast and I live 15 minutes from Metlife Stadium, so I know how bad the weather was. So Dak was not throwing the ball downfield due to weather and the opponent's strength of defense.

But AFTER those games, what did we get from Dak? Dink and Dak. Now, Dak has played better since the bye. Which is why he said, "I'm on a roll...". What was he "on" before?

Dink and Dak.
Lamb was probably frustrated because hte offense sucked.

The defense IS the strength of this team lol.

I mean it is what it is. IF someone asked y'all what color is the sky y'all would reply "Its the color Dak Sucks". Y'all read into things whatever way y'all want.

The defense is the strength of this team is not a knock on Dak lol. Its a actual fact.

Cee Dee Lamb being frustrated comes with being a receiver. You want touches. You want catches. That's not a slight towards Dak and to be honest he probably benefits from "Dink and Dak" more than any recevier on this team based on skillset.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm not a Dak hater OR lover but this is exactly my issue with him. I would much rather have a qb that was always reliably good enough than one that was usually very good but occasionally missing in action.

The latter will get you to the play offs, the former will get you through the play offs.
QBs like that do not exist. Mahomes, Allen and Rodgers have bad games too.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m not the biggest Dak fan, but some of the criticism he receives is extremely unfair. I mean, a lot of it is just factually untrue at its core.

If people here watched a few football game other than Dallas, they would see just how bad QB play is for the majority of teams.
They don’t even watch the Cowboys game. They’re too busy in the game day threads bashing everything.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We need play off consistency, and play off accuracy. Regular season is nice, but it's about play offs, NFC championships, and Super Bowls. Same scrutiny I gave to Romo, I give to Dak.
Same hate you mean.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Shut the hell up! You don't like my posts, don't read them. Man, something is wrong with you. Get some freaking help!

And you call yourself some big bad Marine? lmao. I've met many of them and none would have your mentality, none, now get lost.
I like your posts. They’re humorous.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There aren’t any “training” wheels. It was the RAMS for Pete’s sake.
Nothing about this offense is favorable for Dak considering how horrid this offense is. Most of our points literally come from defense/special teams. The 49ers physicality showed us that this is an ability/mental issue that Dak nor this team can overcome. Philly is just as physical, if not more, so this team is in for a troublesome time.
Please.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QBs like that do not exist. Mahomes, Allen and Rodgers have bad games too.
Said it before I will say it again. Dak can play so well , then he can play so...head scratching.

So his average...isn't really that bad. He's average or better. But he's spread is too far off the mean. Just be more consistently average...shorten that pendulum swing.

We have to find what the pendulum swing actually is...and I *think* it's when the chips are down, we're down on the scoreboard. Of course I could be wrong...that's a deeper dive on the stats than what most folk care to do...they just wanna say "He sucks!" and "yer a hater!".

Yes...Mahomes, Allen Rodgers, Aikman Marino Brees...etc...they all have bad games. Where does their mean lie? What are the outliers.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What is the difference between being critical and being a hater? If I critique a player for his performance am I a hater. Are they mutually exclusive? Teach me, oh wise one.
Ranch sometimes is critical and you’re a hater. Simple.

CWR

Reaction score
yep thats a typical high ball from Dak, i know that is not on target is it?

You'd prefer he throw it to the defender? Where else was that ball supposed to go? Geez, yall try too hard.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Said it before I will say it again. Dak can play so well , then he can play so...head scratching.

So his average...isn't really that bad. He's average or better. But he's spread is too far off the mean. Just be more consistently average...shorten that pendulum swing.

We have to find what the pendulum swing actually is...and I *think* it's when the chips are down, we're down on the scoreboard. Of course I could be wrong...that's a deeper dive on the stats than what most folk care to do...they just wanna say "He sucks!" and "yer a hater!".

Yes...Mahomes, Allen Rodgers, Aikman Marino Brees...etc...they all have bad games. Where does their mean lie? What are the outliers.
I wish more people shared this nuanced outlook. Too much black and white going on around here when discussing Dak.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Who is "we?" You have seen this before you just have a bad memory.

There is a long long list of QBs who didn't blossom until deep into their careers.

Rich Gannon made his first pro bowl in year 13 (age 34) and his first all pro in year 14 (age 35). He also made his only trip to the Super Bowl in year 14.
Chris Chandler made his first pro bowl in year 10 (age 33) and went to the Super Bowl for the first time in year 11 while playing for his SIXTH TEAM!!
Going back a little further remember Jim Plunkett? #1 overall pick by the Pats in 1971.. Super Bowls in years 13 and 15.

It happens.. There have been others but those three leaped to mind for me. Some other guys who made their first pro bowl after their 30th birthday.

Vinny Testaverde
Jeff Garcia
Steve Young

We all want these guys to be Rodgers or Mahomes right out of the gate but it just doesn't work that way. Guys develop and learn at different rates. Guys like Dak who played in the farthest thing possible from a pro style passing offense take longer than most. That's neither an excuse nor a knock.. It's just a fact.
Bingo. Dak’s style of QB play was being compared to Tim Tebow coming out of college. Dak has come a long way because he was such a raw prospect entering the NFL.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
It's funny being in the game thread and all the goobers trying to say how inaccurate Dak is and he should throw a better ball. Shows how much they know.
I'm not always happy with Dak, but it seems like fans don't watch other QBs. No QB in the league is as accurate as fans require Dak to be.

Proof

Reaction score
Who is "we?" You have seen this before you just have a bad memory.

There is a long long list of QBs who didn't blossom until deep into their careers.

Rich Gannon made his first pro bowl in year 13 (age 34) and his first all pro in year 14 (age 35). He also made his only trip to the Super Bowl in year 14.
Chris Chandler made his first pro bowl in year 10 (age 33) and went to the Super Bowl for the first time in year 11 while playing for his SIXTH TEAM!!
Going back a little further remember Jim Plunkett? #1 overall pick by the Pats in 1971.. Super Bowls in years 13 and 15.

It happens.. There have been others but those three leaped to mind for me. Some other guys who made their first pro bowl after their 30th birthday.

Vinny Testaverde
Jeff Garcia
Steve Young

We all want these guys to be Rodgers or Mahomes right out of the gate but it just doesn't work that way. Guys develop and learn at different rates. Guys like Dak who played in the farthest thing possible from a pro style passing offense take longer than most. That's neither an excuse nor a knock.. It's just a fact.
we = a collective of people. doesn’t have to include you. and i’m not asking which qbs blossomed late, just which have had so many years where fans either think they’re one of the best or trash, and have compelling arguments for both

Steve007

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak hater OR lover but this is exactly my issue with him. I would much rather have a qb that was always reliably good enough than one that was usually very good but occasionally missing in action.

The latter will get you to the play offs, the former will get you through the play offs.
With Dak that's what you get...either good Dak or bad Dak. You can bet you will get bad Dak against the better teams.

Steve007

Reaction score
I told people he is better than Hurts, Herbert and Purdy. People complain about Dak being inconsistent, but those 3 mentioned are even more inconsistent
No GM in the NFL would take Dak over Herbert..... except Jerry.