Dak's accuracy has been an issue

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are people on this board who claim that Dak is not good enough to have an NFL roster spot. There are people who start multiple threads a week to complain about him, concocting all sorts of inane arguments. These people, to my mind, display an irrational hatred of the player that goes beyond (and is really completely separate from) legitimate criticism. Does that help?
Or some just understand what they're seeing.
But I understand, it is easier to scream hater!!!!

dfense

Reaction score
It's funny being in the game thread and all the goobers trying to say how inaccurate Dak is and he should throw a better ball. Shows how much they know.
His accuracy has been an issue in the past. You have to acknowledge that. He has been much improved as of late. His throws against the Rams were dead on all game. I give him credit.

starfan1

Reaction score
His accuracy has been an issue in the past. You have to acknowledge that. He has been much improved as of late. His throws against the Rams were dead on all game. I give him credit.
there are so many posters that come undone if the pass isnt perfectly placed. Not all passes are going to be perfect but its gotten where this place critiques every single pass every play and not the general flow of the game.

That said Dak has had some real off target head scratchers and thats why this place goes over board. he earned a fair amount of critisism. But this place is over the top

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There aren’t any “training” wheels. It was the RAMS for Pete’s sake.
Nothing about this offense is favorable for Dak considering how horrid this offense is. Most of our points literally come from defense/special teams. The 49ers physicality showed us that this is an ability/mental issue that Dak nor this team can overcome. Philly is just as physical, if not more, so this team is in for a troublesome time.
I guess you can’t read a statistic chart

RonnieT24

Reaction score
yeah, again, it’s not the every qb has bad games variety. i’m aware. you seem to be explaining why he looks as bad as he does at times which is fine, but also is agreeing how bad he looks at times. i’m just not sure of another qb that i can recall that “we” weren’t sure exactly what to make of this deep into their career
Who is "we?" You have seen this before you just have a bad memory.

There is a long long list of QBs who didn't blossom until deep into their careers.

Rich Gannon made his first pro bowl in year 13 (age 34) and his first all pro in year 14 (age 35). He also made his only trip to the Super Bowl in year 14.
Chris Chandler made his first pro bowl in year 10 (age 33) and went to the Super Bowl for the first time in year 11 while playing for his SIXTH TEAM!!
Going back a little further remember Jim Plunkett? #1 overall pick by the Pats in 1971.. Super Bowls in years 13 and 15.

It happens.. There have been others but those three leaped to mind for me. Some other guys who made their first pro bowl after their 30th birthday.

Vinny Testaverde
Jeff Garcia
Steve Young

We all want these guys to be Rodgers or Mahomes right out of the gate but it just doesn't work that way. Guys develop and learn at different rates. Guys like Dak who played in the farthest thing possible from a pro style passing offense take longer than most. That's neither an excuse nor a knock.. It's just a fact.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yet the Cowboys have gone home early after Dak shut down when it was his time to step up for the past seven years.
Dak plays well when the Cowboys are overpowering an opponent- always has.
But when the Cowboys needed him to be the difference in a big game, he has always choked.
So I don't understand your gloating; we've had seven years of failure with Dak.
Still blaming one player for a team sport

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Idiots are idiots....fans that know the game aren't

Oh, so now we go from someone that critiques, to a hater, then to an idiot? I guess the whole forum are idiots, huh?

If I say so and so did not play to their potential, am I being critical about said player a hater or an idiot? You talk in circles because you just want everyone to think like you, not going t happen, boss.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, so now we go from someone that critiques, to a hater, then to an idiot? I guess the whole forum are idiots, huh?

If I say so and so did not play to their potential, am I being critical about said player a hater or an idiot? You talk in circles because you just want everyone to think like you, not going t happen, boss.
There are a lot of idiots here....am I wrong?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
....for his haters!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Happy Wednesday, all!!!

Most of that time he was Dink and Dak...and they were trying to deliberately hide the year 8 "franchise QB". Not exactly the brightest feather in the ole cap, eh?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Naw not the whole forum just a small selective few.......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Most of that time he was Dink and Dak...and they were trying to deliberately hide the year 8 "franchise QB". Not exactly the brightest feather in the ole cap, eh?
So you think they told Dak who to throw it to lol? Maybe if more guys were Dink and Dak maybe they'd have more success? Like beating up on the lowly Jets?

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I think it's one o dem "you know it when you see it" deals. It fine and fair to critique any player's performance. We all do that. It's the goal post moving, game reclassifying, achievement minimizing that gets a person categorized as a hater to me. If a game is a big game (they all are big to me by way) all week anybody who comes in here after a Cowboys win talking about how the other team was not trying or missing guys (who isn't?) is a stinkin hater plain and simple. The same applies to anybody regurgitating mindless absolutes like "so and so never plays good when ....." or "so and so has never won a big game..." Some of my personal favorites are the people who assured us that Tony Pollard was a top 5 RB in the league and the only thing holding him back from challenging for the rushing title was having to share time with Zeke. " For some reason I am not seeing a lot of chatter from those people this season. I also like the ones who claim "Dak Prescott is not accurate/can't read defenses/does not throw a catchable ball." Dude is top 10 in in NFL history virtually every meaningful passing category (except the ones predicated on longevity) but apparently is doing it by sheer dumb luck because he can't throw at all.

In summary... offering fair and fact based criticism is welcomed. Parroting mindless falsehoods that bear no resemblance to reality is not.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
So you think they told Dak who to throw it to lol? Maybe if more guys were Dink and Dak maybe they'd have more success? Like beating up on the lowly Jets?
My goodness.

So, why was CeeDee Lamb frustrated?

Why did Mike McCarthy say and still says repeatedly: "The defense is the strength of this team." and "We will rely on our defense"?

Why did Dak say he wanted to limit his interceptions, take less chances and "rely on the defense"?

I will even give you a point in your favor: In the first few games, the weather was so bad, we really didn't get a good read on Dak's performance. 2 of the games were out here on the east coast and I live 15 minutes from Metlife Stadium, so I know how bad the weather was. So Dak was not throwing the ball downfield due to weather and the opponent's strength of defense.

But AFTER those games, what did we get from Dak? Dink and Dak. Now, Dak has played better since the bye. Which is why he said, "I'm on a roll...". What was he "on" before?

Dink and Dak.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
So? The shorter passes you throw, the more accurate they will tend to be. Throwing to a running back who is wide open coming out of the backfield is easier than hitting an out route between zones 20 yards down the field. The lower Y/A and AY/A and higher accuracy indicators generally tend to correlate. There are plenty of reasons why a QB can be more accurate, e.g., lower quality defenses, better receivers, wide open receivers, better QB, etc.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
....for his haters!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Happy Wednesday, all!!!
We need play off consistency, and play off accuracy. Regular season is nice, but it's about play offs, NFC championships, and Super Bowls. Same scrutiny I gave to Romo, I give to Dak.