Dak's accuracy has been an issue

Steve007

Reaction score
Again, we don't know that. Herbert has been in the league 4 seasons and hasn't lived up to the hype. You're going off Herbert's draft status and I'm going off results, and nobody can say with a straight face that Herbert has outplayed Dak.
Dak has been in the league 8 years and he hasn't lived up to the hype. Herbert has up side. After 8 seasons Dak has reached his. Dak plays well against bad teams. He has yet to make the jump to the next level.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
we = a collective of people. doesn’t have to include you. and i’m not asking which qbs blossomed late, just which have had so many years where fans either think they’re one of the best or trash, and have compelling arguments for both

Sorry but there is absolutely no compelling argument to call Dak trash. If I am not mistaken he has only had one season out of the previous 7 when he finished outside the top 10 in the NFL in QBR and passer rating. He has had his team in the playoffs 4 of the 6 seasons that he has finished standing upright. His games with passer rating above 100 outnumber his games below 80 like three or four to one. He has a similar career TD to INT ratio. He has like 20 game winning drives and 14 or 15 4th quarter comebacks in his career. Dak is a good QB. He is not the best in the league.. maybe even not top 5.. or elite or whatever other label or line of demarcation you choose. What he is NOT however is trash.. or even a bad QB.

Amari Cooper had the most productive seasons of his career with Dak. Randall Cobb was thought to be done after Green Bay dumped him then had one of the best seasons of his career with Dak. He looked so good Houston threw a bag of money at him only to find out that if they didn't get Dak or Rodgers they weren't get the best out of Cobb. . I think we can all agree that both those guys played with pretty good QBs before coming to Dallas. Yet some of their best seasons came with our guy.

Just because some brain dead posters and mediots call Dak "trash" doesn't lend any credence to that argument. You can't fix stupid.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Dak has been in the league 8 years and he hasn't lived up to the hype. Herbert has up side. After 8 seasons Dak has reached his. Dak plays well against bad teams. He has yet to make the jump to the next level.
What hype? Dak has outperformed his draft status, now you can argue his contract, but I'll take Dak at his current contract than Herbert at his current contract

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak's last three games against the Eagles.. a team most would agree has been good the last two years he has led the Cowboys to 41, 51 and 40 points. Let me guess.. the Eagles stopped being a good team on those days so Dak could play well and the Cowboys could win. How gentlemanly of them.

Steve007

Reaction score
Dak's last three games against the Eagles.. a team most would agree has been good the last two years he has led the Cowboys to 41, 51 and 40 points. Let me guess.. the Eagles stopped being a good team on those days so Dak could play well and the Cowboys could win. How gentlemanly of them.
Daks playoff record is 2-4. He looked bad against the 49ers this year and the last 2 years. He can play good at times he just reached is ceiling.

Steve007

Reaction score
What hype? Dak has outperformed his draft status, now you can argue his contract, but I'll take Dak at his current contract than Herbert at his current contract
Dak isn't worth his contract and it's getting worse. The cowboys will have the same results they have had for the last several years. Dak isn't leading this team to the superbowl.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Dak isn't worth his contract and it's getting worse. The cowboys will have the same results they have had for the last several years. Dak isn't leading this team to the superbowl.
And I haven't seen anything from Herbert that says he has a better chance at leading his team to the Superbowl

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Daks playoff record is 2-4. He looked bad against the 49ers this year and the last 2 years. He can play good at times he just reached is ceiling.
I think he is still improving. Time will tell which one of us is right. I think last year he took a bit of a step back because he went over the line being uber aggressive. This year he swung the pendulum back too far in the other direction until a couple of weeks ago. I think he's found his equilibrium and I expect him to play well pretty much every week from here on in. Not that he will be lights out every week. No QB is lights out every week. Nor do I expect the team to run the table. I just don't expect any of these multi-turnover low completion percentage games going forward. I think Dak and McCarthy have learned that getting him out of the pocket, letting him use his legs helps him get into a rhythm, fires up his teammates and stresses the defense. I believe that if they continue to use that formula the result will be be mostly positive. Oh.. and unless they held a 1 on 1 tournament the TEAM's playoff record is 2-4.

Steve007

Reaction score
I think he is still improving. Time will tell which one of us is right. I think last year he took a bit of a step back because he went over the line being uber aggressive. This year he swung the pendulum back too far in the other direction until a couple of weeks ago. I think he's found his equilibrium and I expect him to play well pretty much every week from here on in. Not that he will be lights out every week. No QB is lights out every week. Nor do I expect the team to run the table. I just don't expect any of these multi-turnover low completion percentage games going forward. I think Dak and McCarthy have learned that getting him out of the pocket, letting him use his legs helps him get into a rhythm, fires up his teammates and stresses the defense. I believe that if they continue to use that formula the result will be be mostly positive. Oh.. and unless they held a 1 on 1 tournament the TEAM's playoff record is 2-4.
LOL

Steve007

Reaction score
And I haven't seen anything from Herbert that says he has a better chance at leading his team to the Superbowl
Herbert is in year 4. Dak is in year 8. Dak has reached his ceiling. He has been in the league long enough to know who he is as a player.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Herbert is in year 4. Dak is in year 8. Dak has reached his ceiling. He has been in the league long enough to know who he is as a player.
Thank for your quarterback expertise. I won't bore you with the list of QBs who kept getting better well into their 30's. According to you they don't exist.. No wait.. THOSE guys could keep improving but Dak can't because you say so right?

jwitten82

Reaction score
Dak has accomplished more in 4 than Herbert. Herbert was part of one of the worst choke jobs in playoff history last season. Again, I'm not all sold on Dak, but without question I take him over Herbert

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you define a hatter? Is it someone who criticize a player? There are fans of a team and fans of players. You can be a fan of a team and be a realist.
The fans that want to see a player fail to prove their point...that's a hater.....

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
What's up with this "haters/lovers" thing? I personally couldn't care less and don't know why anyone else would. Huge game this weekend and I'll be rooting for Dak, as well as any other Cowboy that takes the field.

:angry: Beat philly
There’s very few actual lovers. Most are just lovers of the Cowboys and he plays the most important position. So it’s just defending the team like most fans do.

The “hate”, however, seems pretty damn real. And it’s defined by near constant goal post moving critique (some of which is unfounded and ignorant of facts/stats) of the most important position on the team they root for and them seemingly wishing the team to fail to prove their point.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And again even the 'elite' QBs experience the same. And you have done nothing approaching a statistical justification for this take. You just claim his range of variance is atypical. As has been pointed out, top QBs have similarly awful games. You need to do more than insist on it and wave your hands claiming levity.
I never claimed to be a pro expert...such as yourself.