Dak's advancement

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So you’re still using “total team pass yards” as the barometer? Are you a special-needs fan?
:lmao2:
you really can't be that dumb....I seriously doubt you are...so trying to give you a little credit and get you out of your full spin mode...

I am comparing teams and I compared teams stats...why? its as you tried so hard to do and failed oh so miserably....that we rush the ball a lot, thus we won't have a lot of passing yards........those teams ran the ball and ran the ball a lot... but those teams had effective passing games.... in Rams case, I could name Goff....he was top 10 passing in the league...and had a top 10 rushing yard to support him...does that make you feel better!!!...doesn't change the fact...you are just spinning and spinning the semantics and showing you really don't get football....its ok, you are an average fan and you just support a team and a player....not everyone needs to have the same level of understanding to enjoy the game. to each his own

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Rams had a top 10 rushing offense and a top 10 passing offense.

Carolina had a top 10 rushing offense and was 16th in passing

Patriots had top 10 rushing offense, top 10 passing offense

Saints had top 10 rushing offense, 12th passing offense

Dallas top 10 rushing offense, 23rd passing offense.

those teams, employ play action in their games regularly......
Like I said Prescott has a killer play action. And there's a reason why it Lanahan is gone

Nav22

Reaction score
you really can't be that dumb....I seriously doubt you are...so trying to give you a little credit and get you out of your full spin mode...

I am comparing teams and I compared teams stats...why? its as you tried so hard to do and failed oh so miserably....that we rush the ball a lot, thus we won't have a lot of passing yards........those teams ran the ball and ran the ball a lot... but those teams had effective passing games.... in Rams case, I could name Goff....he was top 10 passing in the league...and had a top 10 rushing yard to support him...does that make you feel better!!!...doesn't change the fact...you are just spinning and spinning the semantics and showing you really don't get football....its ok, you are an average fan and you just support a team and a player....not everyone needs to have the same level of understanding to enjoy the game. to each his own
DURRR “TOTAL YARDS” MEANS MORE THAN YARDS/ATTEMPT!!! WHAT DO EFFICIENCY MEAN???

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
he got better as completion got weaker....that's the way it looks
If you think playing a division game is a weaker competition. I don't know what else to tell you division games are always tough I don't care what the records or statistics are

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
DURRR “TOTAL YARDS” MEANS MORE THAN YARDS/ATTEMPT!!! WHAT DO EFFICIENCY MEAN???
So many teams pass for over 400 yards last season and lost. 250 yd is a perfect game. In my opinion

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Unlike the Rams. The Cowboys play Smash Mouth down your throat football. We don't pass until the 4th quarter. We don't want to leave our defense on the field too long . the youngest starting defense in the league. Like you said some people don't understand what we're trying to accomplish

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Rams had a top 10 rushing offense and a top 10 passing offense.

Carolina had a top 10 rushing offense and was 16th in passing

Patriots had top 10 rushing offense, top 10 passing offense

Saints had top 10 rushing offense, 12th passing offense

Dallas top 10 rushing offense, 23rd passing offense.

those teams, employ play action in their games regularly......
I would love to see the statistics for the second half of the season. People forget we lost our starting center wide receiver and tight end.

jnday

Reaction score
I’m not done with you, you football genius!

Career Pass TD%:

Dak 4.5
Fitzpatrick 4.4
Foles 4.3
Tannehill 4.2

Career INT%:

Dak 1.7
Foles 2.1
Tannehill 2.6
Fitzpatrick 3.5

Career passer rating:

Dak 96.0
Foles 88.5
Tannehill 87.0
Fitzpatrick 81.1

Those 3 guys are CLEAR UPGRADES though, right???

You can backtrack or you can keep embarrassing yourself.
You seem to think that these other average QBs would be total failures if they were playing the QB position in Dallas with the supporting cast that Dak has played with. Every QB I listed are better passers than Dak. Especially on passes that were over 10 yards. The stats you listed don’t umpress me at all considering that these other QBs did not have the talented players around them. Dak was ranked as the 21st QB in the league for much of the year, but he had a couple of games that really padded his stats. The Cowboys are totally wasting the careers of some great players because of sub-standard QB play. To make matters worse, Dak is about to have a major impact on the salary cap. Yes, Dallas is about to pay big bucks for to a player that is only going to limit their ability to win a Super Bowl.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You realize he got better as he gains more confidence. And that's the point. Getting better

Unless I'm Blind or doing a Forrest Gump he is NOT getting better from his rookie year he's getting WORSE!
The above is true as apple Pie is America....
Now if you wanna wait it out ok bud year 4 coming up at some point the Dak man has to show us he is Franchise material?

Nav22

Reaction score
You seem to think that these other average QBs would be total failures if they were playing the QB position in Dallas with the supporting cast that Dak has played with. Every QB I listed are better passers than Dak. Especially on passes that were over 10 yards. The stats you listed don’t umpress me at all considering that these other QBs did not have the talented players around them. Dak was ranked as the 21st QB in the league for much of the year, but he had a couple of games that really padded his stats. The Cowboys are totally wasting the careers of some great players because of sub-standard QB play. To make matters worse, Dak is about to have a major impact on the salary cap. Yes, Dallas is about to pay big bucks for to a player that is only going to limit their ability to win a Super Bowl.
LOL but they’re already CLEAR UPGRADES I thought???

Why has Dak vastly outperformed them all???

“Passes over 10 yards”

Bahahahaha you’re just making stuff up now. Go ahead and find the stats for passes over 10 yards. I’m sure Dak’s been better in that category than all 3 of those guys, and I’m sure you’ll backtrack with another excuse for that too.

“Supporting cast”

More baseless garbage. Anything to back this up? Of course not.

Who are these alleged studs Dak’s been throwing to??? Amari Cooper for 9 games (and remember, Cooper was supposedly NOT worth a 1st round pick and a terrible trade by the FO)? The shell of Dez Bryant? Old man Witten? Our OL was mediocre last year and not a lot better in 2017. When they were great in 2016, Dak put together the best rookie season by a QB in NFL history. LOL WHAT A BUM!!!

“Dak’s contract”

Finally we agree on something: Dak’s getting PAID!

I know that hurts you deep in your soul, since your anti-Dak stance is CLEARLY personal. Just know that Dak soon will be able to buy and sell your broke butt if he wants to.

Dak wins, on and off the field. You lose.

Bottle up those YUMMY tears of yours for me when he signs his deal, will you?
:laugh:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Except now you're way off course, according to you Dak's lack of success was all Linnehan's fault,,, not the Cowboys brass still wanting to polish their unicorn in hopes it will sparkle some day.

I never said it was all Linehan's fault. I have said he was the biggest and most easily corrected problem.

Everybody plays their part in our suboptimal outcome.

Linehan with sorry play calling.
By hypothesis, the front office not wanting to run Dak.
Dak, with his limitations in the pocket.

There are obviously other failings, but in terms of Dak's performance, those are the large ones. In 2017, you could add in the limitations of Dez and Terrance.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Top 10 OL??? Our OL was mediocre garbage last year.

Yeah, give everyone credit EXCEPT the QB. Totally makes sense in the NFL. QBs aren’t important.
its so fanny, a supposed cowboy fan (which you are not), trashes everyone on the team, except one player. so far you have trashed the WRs, the TEs, the OL, the coaches, the OC...and rendered a RB as useless and not meaningful...and yeah, I forgot you blamed the defense as well.......suffice it to say, you are not a cowboy fan...you are a Dak fan....

PFF, which dak lovers quoted rated cowboys as top 15 in the league...but yeah trash, because it fits your spin....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak didnt have Zeke, a top 10 line, or Cooper for 6 of those 7 games.... LMAO

@Nav22 this can't be real hahaha
what's with all these haha's, LOL's and LMAO...makes you sound dumb

and that's the point, without top level help, Dak is below average...in 3 of those games we couldn't score 10 points.....yeah, he was great in that giants game wasn't he!!!! I bet you still day dream about that one

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He was a top 10 QB last year after the Cooper trade, like it or not. “Elite” is a matter of semantics.

When you have a young, top 10 QB who has 3 winning seasons in 3 years, you pay him and count your blessings.

You’re not bright enough to realize that, but it’s okay. Luckily for us, you don’t work for the team.

Here’s what Troy Aikman thinks of Dak:

“I think the world of him and wouldn’t hesitate one minute in having him continue to be the face of the franchise.”

Troy’s an idiot and you know better though, right?
so now you want to talk about semantics......before it was about the exact words used because it didn't fit your spin.

and my point exactly, give Dak a top 5 WR, a top 10 OL a TOP RB and have a defense that can support him and pull games out and Dak wins games for you...just like a bus driver....

and the problem will be handing him a 25-30 mil contract will handicap the team and not get him all that top level help he needs to succeed and you Dak lovers will blame the coaches, the owners, the team, the butler that get Dak some top notch help and watch him succeed.

Nav22

Reaction score
its so fanny, a supposed cowboy fan (which you are not), trashes everyone on the team, except one player. so far you have trashed the WRs, the TEs, the OL, the coaches, the OC...and rendered a RB as useless and not meaningful...and yeah, I forgot you blamed the defense as well.......suffice it to say, you are not a cowboy fan...you are a Dak fan....

PFF, which dak lovers quoted rated cowboys as top 15 in the league...but yeah trash, because it fits your spin....
PFF ranked the Cowboys OL as 14th in the league.

YOU said PFF ranked them top 10.

Because you’re a liar who doesn’t know football.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
LOL Dak has outperformed them all and the numbers prove it. Now who’s making excuses?

Dak’s OL wasn’t top 10 last year and he didn’t have Cooper for the first, um, 39 games of his career. Keep embarrassing yourself.
thanks...I keep saying and you keep repeating what I said...without top notch help, Dak is below average. he needs top notch talent surrounding him everywhere for him to succeed....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So you’re still using “total team pass yards” as the barometer? Are you a special-needs fan?
I think you are losing your mind...spinning...... probably showing a lot of reading comprehension issues and focus issues. ADD? ADHD?....why all the laughing emoji's...its a sign of weakness in debates.....

Nav22

Reaction score
so now you want to talk about semantics......before it was about the exact words used because it didn't fit your spin.

and my point exactly, give Dak a top 5 WR, a top 10 OL a TOP RB and have a defense that can support him and pull games out and Dak wins games for you...just like a bus driver....

and the problem will be handing him a 25-30 mil contract will handicap the team and not get him all that top level help he needs to succeed and you Dak lovers will blame the coaches, the owners, the team, the butler that get Dak some top notch help and watch him succeed.
Top-notch D? Go ahead and pull the stats of the Cowboys defense in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Give us their NFL ranks.

You won’t do it because it’ll crush your argument.
:laugh:

With an average defense, an OL 14th or better in the NFL, average weapons and a stud RB, Dak’s won 2/3 of his games. That’s FAR better than average for a QB given those circumstances.

Oh, and don’t we all HATE the coaching staff too??? Or are we putting that aside for now while we trash Dak?

Nav22

Reaction score
so Dak helped cooper, but cooper didn't help dak...is that your point?
What do you have to say about the OL?

Were you right or wrong?

Let’s see if you’re a coward too. We already know you’re a liar and a know-nothing.