Dak's dad arrested marijuana possession

aria

Reaction score
Weed is great! I just wish these knuckle heads would wait until the appropriate time to smoke it and not allow any strangers or recording devices in the same room. I quit ~16 years ago for my job and in ~16 years when I retire, the first thing I’m doing is lighting up :thumbup:

Big D

Reaction score
So Dak's dad's job is to watch his dogs? Why not just call it what it is, a handout? Considering that Dak always mentions his mom and never mentioned his dad, I think it's a pretty nice gesture to give his dad a 'job.' He might want to think about making drug testing mandatory though. I think in Reefer Madness that chick cooked her baby when she was stoned, no telling what dad will do with the Frenchie when he's twisted.
:laugh: did you just reference reefer madness to make a point about what someone might do while on the 'devil weed'?

diefree666

Reaction score
You know that is definitely the number one cause anymore. People seem to be so addicted to their friggin phones it is insane. Best one is when you are watching someone swipe over and over... you know they are on tinder lol.
personally I think all vehicles should have automatic jammers so that no cell phone can be operated if the vehicle is in gear and moving.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know that is definitely the number one cause anymore. People seem to be so addicted to their friggin phones it is insane. Best one is when you are watching someone swipe over and over... you know they are on tinder lol.
High + vehicle + cellphone = what could possibly go wrong?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pot being legal doesn't mean it should be legal to drive under the influence. Those are separate issues. Recreational pot at home I'm fine with, just like I'm fine with anyone drinking as much as they want. But it shouldn't be legal to drive under the influence of either.
It's not and just because pot is legal in some states it is still illegal to drive under the influence. But some states do not have rules for prescription meds. Hey, just dropped some Percodan and 3 Oxycodone and am driving my tractor off the on ramp and all of these morons are going the wrong way.

My cousin lives in DEN and he said it was hilarious when the first legal day hit and there were people getting stoned in downtown DEN and at lunch lighting up as if company rules had been abolished. Some actually lost jobs but most were given warnings about the company rules vs state laws.

Batman1980

Reaction score
It's not and just because pot is legal in some states it is still illegal to drive under the influence. But some states do not have rules for prescription meds. Hey, just dropped some Percodan and 3 Oxycodone and am driving my tractor off the on ramp and all of these morons are going the wrong way.

My cousin lives in DEN and he said it was hilarious when the first legal day hit and there were people getting stoned in downtown DEN and at lunch lighting up as if company rules had been abolished. Some actually lost jobs but most were given warnings about the company rules vs state laws.

I walked through some street festival in Oakland a couple of weeks ago. There were people blazing up all over and some of them right next to beat cops.

ShortRound

Reaction score
not at all but the clear implication was that somehow this is just more distraction/off field stuff for the team.

Really you got that from "oh boy"?

These distraction threads usually turn into a mess, which is what the comment was about, oh boy here we go, you know here come the comments. but I'm surprised I have to explain this.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I realize it's not legal, but the poster I responded to essentially justified making pot legal by saying people under the influence of pot don't speed when they drive. I was only saying that this isn't an argument for legalization because driving under the influence should remain illegal whether recreational use is legal or not.

I have occasion to be in Denver pretty frequently, and I remember similar stories. But even aside from company rules, the local law still prohibits openly smoking in public. That said, It's not unusual anymore to catch the odor walking around downtown Denver and the 16th Street "mall" even if it isn't apparent where the odor is coming from.