Dak's Final Chance At Cowboy Immortality

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The fact that he's choked 3 playoffs in a row is all the proof that's needed. You can insult my intelligence all you want. I'll let history provide evidence that your stance is ridiculous. Have a good day.
The "evidence" doesn't lead to the conclusion you're making and you're arrogant enough to think that you can comment on the mental state of a person you don't even know lol. Then, you moan about being insulted, when you are doing the exact same thing.

Stupidity top to bottom.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You just proved my point.

You compartmentalize people as dak haters if they make a comment starting with dak. You assume you know how they feel about everything else based on that.

Even if they've never said a thing about anything else, it's a wicked approach. They deserve the benefit of any doubt unless they specifically state it. Civilized.
You're doing a lot of projecting there. I did not call anyone a "dak hater" and I am assuming nothing. I stated that blaming him or any other ONE player for losses (or giving credit for wins) is softheaded. I neither know nor care how they "feel." I try to deal in facts statements.. "Dak lost the game.." is a statement.. A stupid one.. Particularly if it was a game in which the defense gave up 40+ points. That people on this site have made such statements is an irrefutable fact. Have there been games that we could have won had Dak played better? Absolutely.. Have there been games where Dak has balled out and handed the defense leads only to have them give it up? Damn straight. It's all part and parcel of the whole "team game" thing. I mean I'm sure you saw that idiot bring up the pick six against the Jags two years ago as evidence that "Dak sucks in the clutch." Completely ignoring the fact that it came on a perfectly thrown ball that hit Noah Brown in the chest and bounced off into the DB's hand. How would YOU interpret such a statement? Would you give that person the "benefit of the doubt?" I mean he didn't specifically come out and say he hates Dak right?

nobody

Reaction score
The "evidence" doesn't lead to the conclusion you're making and you're arrogant enough to think that you can comment on the mental state of a person you don't even know lol. Then, you moan about being insulted, when you are doing the exact same thing.

Stupidity top to bottom.
No sir, I said your stance was ridiculous. You however strongly implied I was stupid. There is a difference. Here's an actual insult for you: Like all Dak slobberers, like a slime you attack the messenger rather than the message in a discussion because you are incapable of addressing just the issue without maintaining any degree of courtesy. It's disingenuous, dishonest because you're claiming something that simply isn't true (*that I insulted you before), and low-brow because you're incapable of a civil discussion without attacking because your idol is being called out for being a choker, which he is. There's plenty of evidence of him panicking in big games and choking. Does he calm down and get better in those games? Sometimes, but it coincides with the opponents taking out their starters or taking their foot off of the proverbial gas.

Anyone with ANY knowledge of psychology can see it in his eyes and on his face in those games. I'm sorry you don't have the eyes or mental acuity to see it. See, now that's an insult, sir. Do you now acknowledge the difference or shall we continue this pointless bickering? I don't see further point in it because you are incapable of rational disagreement without snide little barbs. :) Bye bye.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Anyone with ANY knowledge of psychology can see it in his eyes and on his face in those games. I'm sorry you don't have the eyes or mental acuity to see it. See, now that's an insult, sir. Do you now acknowledge the difference or shall we continue this pointless bickering? I don't see further point in it because you are incapable of rational disagreement without snide little barbs. :) Bye bye.
He knows the truth about Dak. He just can't let others "win". Sunk-cost fallacy in action.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're doing a lot of projecting there. I did not call anyone a "dak hater" and I am assuming nothing. I stated that blaming him or any other ONE player for losses (or giving credit for wins) is softheaded. I neither know nor care how they "feel." I try to deal in facts statements.. "Dak lost the game.." is a statement.. A stupid one.. Particularly if it was a game in which the defense gave up 40+ points. That people on this site have made such statements is an irrefutable fact. Have there been games that we could have won had Dak played better? Absolutely.. Have there been games where Dak has balled out and handed the defense leads only to have them give it up? Damn straight. It's all part and parcel of the whole "team game" thing. I mean I'm sure you saw that idiot bring up the pick six against the Jags two years ago as evidence that "Dak sucks in the clutch." Completely ignoring the fact that it came on a perfectly thrown ball that hit Noah Brown in the chest and bounced off into the DB's hand. How would YOU interpret such a statement? Would you give that person the "benefit of the doubt?" I mean he didn't specifically come out and say he hates Dak right?
We are in the weeds now. I commented on one of your general "blanket" threads. Just based on what you said there.
If you didn't mean it the way I read it, fine.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
No sir, I said your stance was ridiculous. You however strongly implied I was stupid. There is a difference. Here's an actual insult for you: Like all Dak slobberers, like a slime you attack the messenger rather than the message in a discussion because you are incapable of addressing just the issue without maintaining any degree of courtesy. It's disingenuous, dishonest because you're claiming something that simply isn't true (*that I insulted you before), and low-brow because you're incapable of a civil discussion without attacking because your idol is being called out for being a choker, which he is. There's plenty of evidence of him panicking in big games and choking. Does he calm down and get better in those games? Sometimes, but it coincides with the opponents taking out their starters or taking their foot off of the proverbial gas.

Yes, I did imply that you're stupid, because what you said is stupid.

Are you a doctor? No. Shut up.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If you call success going 2-5 when it counts ?
Dak has guided the offense to at least 30 points in 3 of his 7 playoff starts.. and the Cowboys have lost 2 of those games. They have scored at least 22 points in 5 of his 7 playoff starts and lost 4 of the 5. At some point you gotta look over at the other side of the ball and simply ask "lil help here?" Yes the defense kept them in it against the 49ers but as good as our defense was in those games the 49ers defense was better. It happens. I think it's fair to say Dak and the offense owe the defense for those two games.. But in the other 3 losses ..especially this last one to Green Bay.. Nah man.. that aint on Dak or the offense.. Maybe this is the year we get both sides of the ball to show up for a playoff run.. That would be really nice wouldn't it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It will not be about his performance this year, but whoever the next HC (likely Belichek) selects as Offensive Coordinator.

Any predictions about who that OC could be?

Dak is playing in an offense that plays more to his strengths as a passer (west coast slants, comebacks, seams), but the design of it is stale and stagnant. Dak has had everything change around him, sometimes 2 or 3 times to no avail. ‘Texas Coast’ has been a fun fling, but it hasn’t unlocked a legitimately better version of Dak. No change has since his rookie season.

I predict we don’t make the playoffs this year, and the HC job turns to someone new. The last shot that Dak has to take a step and get the Cowboys over a hump will have to be that next OC.

It’s easy to step back and say he won’t get better, but since he’s not going anywhere, all we can do is hope there’s a QB whisperer out in the universe that can level Dak to his final form and take this team all the way. Might as well argue about who that should and shouldn’t be
Good post, but I disagree that Dak is a great QB waiting (with the right coach) to happen.
Someone hep me on this. How many position coaches has Dak had in the NFL?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It will not be about his performance this year, but whoever the next HC (likely Belichek) selects as Offensive Coordinator.

Any predictions about who that OC could be?

Dak is playing in an offense that plays more to his strengths as a passer (west coast slants, comebacks, seams), but the design of it is stale and stagnant. Dak has had everything change around him, sometimes 2 or 3 times to no avail. ‘Texas Coast’ has been a fun fling, but it hasn’t unlocked a legitimately better version of Dak. No change has since his rookie season.

I predict we don’t make the playoffs this year, and the HC job turns to someone new. The last shot that Dak has to take a step and get the Cowboys over a hump will have to be that next OC.

It’s easy to step back and say he won’t get better, but since he’s not going anywhere, all we can do is hope there’s a QB whisperer out in the universe that can level Dak to his final form and take this team all the way. Might as well argue about who that should and shouldn’t be
Even if he's the next coach, which I seriously doubt, Bill will have to nearly totally revamp the Cowboys to his way of doing things, and that takes time. At his age, does he have the desire to do that? As I've noted before, seldom does a head coach win SBs after being in the league for years and years, the Landrys and Nolls and Shulas were young, innovative assistants, Bill is hardly young. History is a cruel storyteller.
Dak? Get better? After 9 years? Name me one quarterback who played 9 years then blossomed into a SB winning quarterback. Not saying there isn't one, but I can't think of one.

Dak is pretty good overall, but I said 2 years ago that if he didn't win the SB or at least multiple playoff games in a season that would "tell the tale" of his development. And he didn't. Also, other than being the quarterback on a Cowboys team that had the Ravens-type the 1985 Bears-types of defenses, the chances of his developing to a lot higher level were three - slim, fat and no.

I would love to be wrong about both Bill and Dak. Time will tell....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
what exactly have belichek done w/o brady?

i don't see why people want him here.
It's not just belichick. What did Landry do without Staubach? Or Shula without Griese? Jimmy without Troy?

It wasn't all Brady, or all Belichick. It was one of those (for lack of a better term) magical occurrences, just "one of those things". The stars aligned just right, Brady could do what Bill wanted to do on the field and Brady had a coach that let him use his strengths and minimize his weaknesses.

Andy Reid had McNabb, a very good qb, but didn't win a SB until he had a Mahomes. What has McCarthy done without Rodgers? And even then only 1 SB.

Maybe Dallas will get lucky someday. After Jerry is gone, of course...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It's not just belichick. What did Landry do without Staubach? Or Shula without Griese? Jimmy without Troy?

It wasn't all Brady, or all Belichick. It was one of those (for lack of a better term) magical occurrences, just "one of those things". The stars aligned just right, Brady could do what Bill wanted to do on the field and Brady had a coach that let him use his strengths and minimize his weaknesses.

Andy Reid had McNabb, a very good qb, but didn't win a SB until he had a Mahomes. What has McCarthy done without Rodgers? And even then only 1 SB.

Maybe Dallas will get lucky someday. After Jerry is gone, of course...
well, brady at least went on to be successful after belichick.

we're just helicopter ridin beyatches for now i suppose.