Twitter: Dak's message to fans frustrated about last season: Move on

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Not a Dak hater or apologist, but just reading the words and trying to be objective, I don’t have an issue with what he said.

He told you better days are ahead and let’s turn the page and move forward. Not sure what’s so horrible with that.

Most of you are frowning at this so I must be missing the point, but what do you want to hear the guy say?

I would love for this to be the case. I would love for this season to be a great one. However, Jerry's lack of moves (besides court) and the overall atmosphere around the Cowboys has me wondering how much of a disaster this season might be. Especially considering that you can't repeat as division champs in this division.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Honestly, given Micah's aspirations, I wonder if the reason he and Dak haven't gotten deals is cuz they want out. Micah probably knows he won't get a SB here, and he has a desire for one. I could see him demanding a trade if this season is really horrible and if he thinks the next season will be awful too.
Naw your right man I think for the first time in awhile…I don’t think our best players want to actually be here….they all seem over it. I think not doing nothing this offseason really killed them I expect this to be Martin and Lawrence’s last year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not a Dak hater or apologist, but just reading the words and trying to be objective, I don’t have an issue with what he said.

He told you better days are ahead and let’s turn the page and move forward. Not sure what’s so horrible with that.

Most of you are frowning at this so I must be missing the point, but what do you want to hear the guy say?
Very fair and honest take. Respect.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Naw your right man I think for the first time in awhile…I don’t think our best players want to actually be here….they all seem over it. I think not doing nothing this offseason really killed them I expect this to be Martin and Lawrence’s last year.

Yeah, I have a bad feeling that the next few seasons are going to be horrible. Jerry's not good at picking coaches. Stephen doesn't want to sign FAs. You need two parties to agree for a deal to be reached, and I think the players are ready to move on. I hope this season is fun for us, because I think the next 2-3 seasons under Lance are going to be horrible.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a bad feeling that the next few seasons are going to be horrible. Jerry's not good at picking coaches. Stephen doesn't want to sign FAs. You need two parties to agree for a deal to be reached, and I think the players are ready to move on. I hope this season is fun for us, because I think the next 2-3 seasons under Lance are going to be horrible.
Now I’m wondering what type of shake Lance gets….whet weapons will even be around him….

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Now I’m wondering what type of shake Lance gets….whet weapons will even be around him….

His deal is up after this season. I wonder if he will decide to salvage his career by leaving too. As I stated in a thread that I posted, I think we will see our star players leaving in droves. Maybe that will get the FO's attention?

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
No issue with what he said honestly, and i respect the bluntness instead of the typical "I'll be better" type of response...and for those who who do have an issue...what are you gonna do it about it?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've been saying for a while that his "leader" reputation is grossly overstated

And getting eviscerated for it by the usual suspects

He is what he is. It's been time to move in from him for a while
What do you call his been participating in all offseason activities OTA’s, Mini-camps and now training camp when he could be holding out like Cee Dee or all the others in the NFL?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would love for this to be the case. I would love for this season to be a great one. However, Jerry's lack of moves (besides court) and the overall atmosphere around the Cowboys has me wondering how much of a disaster this season might be. Especially considering that you can't repeat as division champs in this division.
Rusty, Rusty, Rusty! Don’t let all the negativity here change who you are! It’s not all gloom and doom. That’s what they want you to think. There’s still hope and optimism for the upcoming season. Enjoy instead of letting these Nancy’s around here infiltrate your self being.