Twitter: Dak's message to fans frustrated about last season: Move on

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Absolutely. If you hate the Cowboys you should find another team.
Hater, hater, hater, hater, hater, Hater, hater, hater, hater, hater,Hater, hater, hater, hater, hater, smh.

I want to feel sorry for you, but I just can't.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow. That's literally the opposite of what you should be saying at a time when you should be trying to win the fans back. :laugh:

"Hey guys, get over it".

I'm so ready to move on in a different direction.
Dak could care less about the haters. Why should he? They’re clueless about whats going on in the locker room and on the practice field. Most of them don’t even watch the games as they’re too busy typing in the chat room or game thread.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
The replies…:popcorn:

@jonmachota

Dak Prescott when asked what he says to Cowboys fans who are still frustrated about how last season ended: “Be fans or don’t be fans. If you’re a fan, you’re going to turn the page just as we do, you’re gonna move forward, understanding that you have better ahead of you. … Sorry, obviously, but it hurt us more than it did them. Obviously it’s on us to get back and to do better, but, yeah, move on.”

3:53 PM · Jul 25, 2024

How funny, we were hoping the same thing about Dak. When is he going to get it through his thick head that it's time for him to move on, he's just not trustworthy anymore to get this organization to the next level in the playoffs.

basel90

Reaction score
Dak made 250 million from the cowboys so far, and 250 million to come soon. He has the luxury to say move on , he is making 150k a day !

Brax

Reaction score
Dak could care less about the haters. Why should he? They’re clueless about whats going on in the locker room and on the practice field. Most of them don’t even watch the games as they’re too busy typing in the chat room or game thread.
After this game to close out the season Dak should be in hiding and should be asking for a ticket out of town but you want to extend him after this showing, enjoy

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
LMAO....sort of agreed with him on the move on part but quickly ran it into the junk yard after that.....I'm more mad at myself for being a fan then at him. I have the option to quit following them or stop watching...But here I am :facepalm: Between Dak sometimes and especially Jerry and Frat boy Stephen...My days are numbered .....

plymkr

Reaction score
@plymkr You once stated that you vowed not to engage in pointless arguments. I respect that, and I believe you, and it’s the sole reason I’m entertaining your comments as I’m not a real fan of the back-and-forth either.

I’m in the camp that’s not bothered by Dak’s comments. Now that that is established, I’ll address your questions.

If the “be fans or don’t be fans” portion of his comment stood on its own, the message could be perceived differently. But it doesn’t. Add in the context of the balance of his statement – “Be fans or don’t be fans, if you’re a fan, you’re going to turn the page just as we do, you’re gonna move forward, understanding that you have better ahead of you…”. I take it as a message from a guy who’s understands I have choices. I can wallow in pity over last year’s disappointment, or I can put on my big boy pants and move forward with a positive attitude. Perhaps it’s a little stern but if my team leader made those comments – I’m good, let’s go.

Regarding your question of defending other players if they made the same statement Dak made. Unequivocally, yes, as I don’t see that there is anything to defend. Clearly there are truths that should be muttered in the proper forum, many times out of earshot of the general populus, but I don’t put these innocuous comments in that category. I’m not praising Dak for his words but I’m not begrudging him for them either.

As to attacking the masculinity, mental health, maturity, or sanity of fans who don’t like Dak’s (or other players) comments? I think at most I’ve had a thought of some possibly being a bit “thin-skinned” regarding the degree of how upset/angry this comment has made them. I don’t see this as infringing on the points that you stated. All of us here are keyboard warriors, to some degree, and can be prone to making comments such as “you’re crazy, quit being such a wuss, you child, and so on…” but it’s just computer bravado and hopefully is viewed this way by the recipients of those comments. If that wasn’t the case, AC and MC would have very low self esteem but those two just keep coming back. Don’t always agree with their perspectives, but gotta admire their passion.

I think that 25+ years of playoff futility, has to a degree, conditioned us to pull or find negativity where it may not exist. Let’s face it, we’re continually waiting for the other shoe to drop around here, and it stinks. If I’m gonna choose a hill to die on regarding Cowboys shortcomings, it’s going to begin with the mishandling of contracts, personnel, and finances in the front office and end with not being able to field a cohesive staff and locker room. It’s not going to come from my own emotions or feelings toward a player being integrated into statements they make.

This is just my view through my own lens, and I respect that others have their own viewpoint. I do trust that you will view my comments as coming from a place of sincerity and not, “Now you need to listen here, young man”. Sorry long-winded…again.

Have a good one!
That was a good post. I’m glad someone answered my question. And yes I have vowed not to engage in Dak debates purely for the sake of arguing. I’m trying to but sometimes you get sucked in. I agree with what you said about taking his quote for the whole quote and not slice and dice it. Doing that I still feel he shouldn’t have said it. It sounded too much like a passive aggressive ultimatum.

But here’s my big question. If Martin, Lawrence, CD or any other long standing Cowboy would have said the exact same thing would we be having this conversation? Would anyone be defending Martin or Lawrence? Here’s why I’m asking this question. When I posted my reaction to Dak’s quote I got pushback. When I posted my reaction to Beasley bashing the fans and organization I did not receive any pushback. When I reacted to Gregory saying the fans are toxic I got no pushback. So that brought me to the question I posed yesterday. If this was another long tenured Cowboy and this was said would there be people defending him, or bashing him?

bigE79

Reaction score
The replies…:popcorn:

@jonmachota

Dak Prescott when asked what he says to Cowboys fans who are still frustrated about how last season ended: “Be fans or don’t be fans. If you’re a fan, you’re going to turn the page just as we do, you’re gonna move forward, understanding that you have better ahead of you. … Sorry, obviously, but it hurt us more than it did them. Obviously it’s on us to get back and to do better, but, yeah, move on.”

3:53 PM · Jul 25, 2024

***** you,you overrated friggin bum,the sooner you're gone the better off cowboys fans will be..this was a failed experiment from the start,along the lines of the Jason Garrett experiment.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
is it really better though? He has watched film for more than 8 years and we still haven't seen improvements in these big pressure games. Is he just watching film on the NFC EAST? cause it looks like he doesn't watch film against the teams he can't beat cause its the same mistakes every time. Slow starts to begin, no ones on the same page. Then he gets the "Dak fans" excited with his hero ball play in the 2nd half playing catch up just to lose.
Post of your career!!!!! Lol truth!!!!