Twitter: Dak's message to fans frustrated about last season: Move on

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Jerry told him how much he was going to pay him and Dak didn't like it and is taking it out on the fans. If Jerry was offering him 60-65 million I don't think Dak would care one way or another if Jerry was an idiot GM. He hasn't before.
He hasn’t before but as you get older and wiser feelings change. Jerry will eventually cave into his demands….but if he doesn’t…he will go elsewhere for less which says it all.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Building Rush up . . . He stated a fact in one simple sentence. You are the one writing multiple paragraphs to tear Rush down. Almost like you were not satisfied with the 5 wins like you were upset it is a Cowboy stat or something

Another stat is He beat the 2 representatives in the Super Bowl the year before and only lost to the hottest team in the league that year
GIN is still mad Rush proved him wrong when he demanded we "TANK NOW!".

calico

Reaction score
Dak's comment here is proof of that. It didn't hurt or change him one bit.
Yeah. I think a lot of the guys come into the franchise hungry and then they see how the cowboys are a brand and not a team. So they adopt that brand mentality eventually when they realize they can get paid and treated like champs when they accomplish absolutely nothing.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He hasn’t before but as you get older and wiser feelings change. Jerry will eventually cave into his demands….but if he doesn’t…he will go elsewhere for less which says it all.
I could be dead wrong but the only way I see Dak returning is a season-ending injury. It's not hard to see that both sides are ticked off and the fact they are not hiding it from the public speaks volumes IMO. But Jerry needs to be careful, other players/agents are paying attention. Something I think fans overlook is the respect factor in these negotiations. I remember Cousins refused an offer of more money from the Commanders after his 2nd tag coz Bruce Allen had ticked him off.

Hell, can you imagine what Parsons's negotiation will be like?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I could be dead wrong but the only way I see Dak returning is a season-ending injury. It's not hard to see that both sides are ticked off and the fact they are not hiding it from the public speaks volumes IMO. But Jerry needs to be careful, other players/agents are paying attention. Something I think fans overlook is the respect factor in these negotiations. I remember Cousins refused an offer of more money from the Commanders after his 2nd tag coz Bruce Allen had ticked him off.

Hell, can you imagine what Parsons's negotiation will be like?
I think this is par for the course though with big salaries. Both get upset with each other. But I agree. You have to be careful with how you handle players and contracts. Everyone is watching.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Had 30 years to do it, and this is the final straw huh? You'll be there watching just like me lol... this team is the car accident you can't avoid looking at
Exactly....it's the culture of watching. Hell, come game day, I could care less who's making what. I think some fans take players' personal life too seriously.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
For everyone who is defending Dak’s “be a fan or don’t be a fan” statement. Why didn’t you defend Randy Gregory when he said the Cowboys fan base is toxic? Why didn’t you defend Cole Beasley for lashing out at the fans and the organization? Why didn’t these guys get this much effort and energy?

I have another question. If any other Cowboys player said this would you be defending him. If Lawrence or Martin or Steele got to the podium and said what Dak said would you praise him for telling it like it is? Would you attack the masculinity, mental health, maturity, or sanity of fans that got mad if Martin said it?

Bottom line IMO is the fans are frustrated by the 25+ years of suckage and really frustrated with the end of the last season and one of our most prominent players replied with “well be a fan or don’t be a fan”. I don’t think any player on the team should get a pass on that.
@plymkr You once stated that you vowed not to engage in pointless arguments. I respect that, and I believe you, and it’s the sole reason I’m entertaining your comments as I’m not a real fan of the back-and-forth either.

I’m in the camp that’s not bothered by Dak’s comments. Now that that is established, I’ll address your questions.

If the “be fans or don’t be fans” portion of his comment stood on its own, the message could be perceived differently. But it doesn’t. Add in the context of the balance of his statement – “Be fans or don’t be fans, if you’re a fan, you’re going to turn the page just as we do, you’re gonna move forward, understanding that you have better ahead of you…”. I take it as a message from a guy who’s understands I have choices. I can wallow in pity over last year’s disappointment, or I can put on my big boy pants and move forward with a positive attitude. Perhaps it’s a little stern but if my team leader made those comments – I’m good, let’s go.

Regarding your question of defending other players if they made the same statement Dak made. Unequivocally, yes, as I don’t see that there is anything to defend. Clearly there are truths that should be muttered in the proper forum, many times out of earshot of the general populus, but I don’t put these innocuous comments in that category. I’m not praising Dak for his words but I’m not begrudging him for them either.

As to attacking the masculinity, mental health, maturity, or sanity of fans who don’t like Dak’s (or other players) comments? I think at most I’ve had a thought of some possibly being a bit “thin-skinned” regarding the degree of how upset/angry this comment has made them. I don’t see this as infringing on the points that you stated. All of us here are keyboard warriors, to some degree, and can be prone to making comments such as “you’re crazy, quit being such a wuss, you child, and so on…” but it’s just computer bravado and hopefully is viewed this way by the recipients of those comments. If that wasn’t the case, AC and MC would have very low self esteem but those two just keep coming back. Don’t always agree with their perspectives, but gotta admire their passion.

I think that 25+ years of playoff futility, has to a degree, conditioned us to pull or find negativity where it may not exist. Let’s face it, we’re continually waiting for the other shoe to drop around here, and it stinks. If I’m gonna choose a hill to die on regarding Cowboys shortcomings, it’s going to begin with the mishandling of contracts, personnel, and finances in the front office and end with not being able to field a cohesive staff and locker room. It’s not going to come from my own emotions or feelings toward a player being integrated into statements they make.

This is just my view through my own lens, and I respect that others have their own viewpoint. I do trust that you will view my comments as coming from a place of sincerity and not, “Now you need to listen here, young man”. Sorry long-winded…again.

Have a good one!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Wow. That's literally the opposite of what you should be saying at a time when you should be trying to win the fans back. :laugh:

"Hey guys, get over it".

I'm so ready to move on in a different direction.

Brax

Reaction score
The replies…:popcorn:

@jonmachota

Dak Prescott when asked what he says to Cowboys fans who are still frustrated about how last season ended: “Be fans or don’t be fans. If you’re a fan, you’re going to turn the page just as we do, you’re gonna move forward, understanding that you have better ahead of you. … Sorry, obviously, but it hurt us more than it did them. Obviously it’s on us to get back and to do better, but, yeah, move on.”

3:53 PM · Jul 25, 2024

What a dirt bag, yes forget about the last 3 years of choking, he wants the money so let’s forget about the past, the same old crap that spews from his mouth every year, remember he doesn’t play for money, he obviously doesn’t play to win championships.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
For a guy who is pretty good with a mic in front of him, Dak has had a horrible day with the media today.
I dont think its random though, I've been saying i think Dak is done with Barnum and his circus..we may see the most selfish Dak ever as he sets himself up to "Move on"..will it push Barnum to do the right thing by us and rebuild...HA who am I kidding..lol

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I dont think its random though, I've been saying i think Dak is done with Barnum and his circus..we may see the most selfish Dak ever as he sets himself up to "Move on"..will it push Barnum to do the right thing by us and rebuild...HA who am I kidding..lol
You're not wrong. I forget what was said but I remember saying the exact same thing about a Dak quote a few months ago. His tune has certainly changed and he isn't the guy taking notes from the Cowboys PR team. This is exactly what an employee does after they put in their two week notice and doesn't worry about retaliation.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You're not wrong. I forget what was said but I remember saying the exact same thing about a Dak quote a few months ago. His tune has certainly changed and he isn't the guy taking notes from the Cowboys PR team. This is exactly what an employee does after they put in their two week notice and doesn't worry about retaliation.
yup and I'm sure as he watches his QB counterparts go through TC he is getting more and more bold about how he goes about it. Funny how Jerry has set this up to make Dak "Prove" himself is only gonna make Dak throw the ball more than he ever has...wonder how that will work out for him in FA...

Mikexike

Reaction score
THE USUAL"WE'RE GOING TO WATCH FILM AND GET BETTER", would have been better I think lol
is it really better though? He has watched film for more than 8 years and we still haven't seen improvements in these big pressure games. Is he just watching film on the NFC EAST? cause it looks like he doesn't watch film against the teams he can't beat cause its the same mistakes every time. Slow starts to begin, no ones on the same page. Then he gets the "Dak fans" excited with his hero ball play in the 2nd half playing catch up just to lose.