Twitter: Dak's message to fans frustrated about last season: Move on

NotForLong

Reaction score
Rush is going on his 8th year in the NFL. Where is all the trade suitors league wide? Where are all the GMs at trying to pluck him off of the roster? 8 years in the league and he hasn't gotten a max deal yet??

I'll tell you why.... Rush, has spent his whole career bouncing off and on practice squads. In that 5 game winning streak, he BARELY averaged 100 yards passing.

But what happened when the film caught up with Rush by that 6th game vs the Eagles?? What 3 or 4 picks in one game? They made Rush look like a junior college quarterback.

Rush got trashed by the Eagles.... the same team that Dak has help the Cowboys own since he's been in the league.

Now can you please answer these questions for me?

1. If Rush is as good as you're build him up to be.... why haven't the other 31 GMs, scouts and and coaches who've recently listed Dak at 7th ranked in the league, shared your same views about Rush?

2. Do you believe Rush is the best kept secret that only you believe is more than the career backup that he's always been?

I'll respectfully wait....
Building Rush up . . . He stated a fact in one simple sentence. You are the one writing multiple paragraphs to tear Rush down. Almost like you were not satisfied with the 5 wins like you were upset it is a Cowboy stat or something

Another stat is He beat the 2 representatives in the Super Bowl the year before and only lost to the hottest team in the league that year

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just to put it in perspective, here are my thoughts (and I'll expound on a thread later). We couldn't stop the run last year and didn't do much to improve that this season. We didn't run the ball brilliantly when we needed our run game. There seems to be a lot of toxicity building. This isn't a good recipe for success. This is why I'm tempering my expectations for this season.

NotForLong

Reaction score
He knows the only thing better than becoming a free agent next March is to become one now. Perhaps his comments are meant to compel the Cowboys to release him. It is pointless to pay him over $1.5 million per game if you know you can’t retain him. Get started on the future sans Dak Prescott now.
I say we get started on the future, while he rides the pine. That would be excellent

NotForLong

Reaction score
I’m actually surprised by the negative comments. After all the garbage since our final game, I would think there had been enough pain and that everyone would be ready to move on. I certainly am, and every player at camp had better have already moved on. When they showed up to work, it was the beginning of a new season. Only an idiot would still be allowing that game to reside in his head, players and coaches. I guess some fans want to continue wallowing in it a little longer. Not me. I’m sick of it.
Maybe some were . . . Then he kicked the hornets nest

GINeric

Reaction score
Building Rush up . . . He stated a fact in one simple sentence. You are the one writing multiple paragraphs to tear Rush down. Almost like you were not satisfied with the 5 wins like you were upset it is a Cowboy stat or something

Another stat is He beat the 2 representatives in the Super Bowl the year before and only lost to the hottest team in the league that year

First of all, I'm on record during that stretch saying that if Rush could have pulled off that win against the Eagles, he should remain the starter for the duration of the season. That's on record here on this board during that time.

With that said I didn't tear Rush down, I just spoke reality. Rush is a serviceable backup quarterback and nothing more. I appreciate Rush for his contributions when Dak was hurt.

But to put Rush name in the same sentence as Dak as if he's anywhere close to Dak's level is just dumb. Dak is a top 10, All-Pro quarterback who has been in MVP consideration and led the NFL in touchdowns.

Rush has been in the league just a year less than Dak, can barely average 120, 130 yards passing at this level and has bounced on and off practice squads his entire career. He's a career backup. That's not tearing him down, that's speaking the truth.

Only dumb or stupid people really believe he could run a team for 17 games and think he'll do better than Dak. Dak isn't elite, but Rush hasn't become a full time starter in 8 years and probably will never be.

Dak started straight out of college and became a pretty good quarterback. Rush is nowhere near the level quarterback that Dak is and that's ok. Rush managed to stick around in the NFL and that's saying something.

GINeric

Reaction score
You should be Dak's media agent. Maybe he could use this for his next press conference?

Well if I was qualified I'd be any player from any team's media agent. Of course I would love to work for any player from the Dallas Cowboys first. I'm a Cowboys fan. I support Dallas Cowboys players while they are here.

I'm not like the weak stupid people who claim to love a team but cheer against the players that play for their supposed favorite team. The dumbest thing I've ever seen.

cowboyed

Reaction score
To the emotionally stricken and deflated: Purge your sad Cowboys team thoughts by listening to Roy Orbison's hit song "Crying" on repeat. It will be cathartic and enable you to move on to this upcoming regular season.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hard to fault them their GM did nothing. Didn’t even retain the team or sign his own players. Embarrassing. And people wonder why Lamb isn’t at camp hell I wonder why Micah and Dak are….
Daks comments this year seem different than in previous years. Maybe he realized the owners here don't care about winning and he might as well get paid as much as possible, but clearly he only cares about money. And I can't blame him it just sounds like his tone has changed some.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak and the Cowboys appear to have reach a point where they're not on the same page and would be better off to consider a trade, ASAP.

It seems fairly obvious that the Cowboys' FO has lost whatever confidence that they previously had in Dak Prescott. Maybe a trade is best.

Continuing to bicker and squabble over whatever sort of a contract that might suit both sides, seems to be a completely utter waste of time.

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Daks comments this year seem different than in previous years. Maybe he realized the owners here don't care about winning and he might as well get paid as much as possible, but clearly he only cares about money. And I can't blame him it just sounds like his tone has changed some.
I think Jerry told him how much he was going to pay him and Dak didn't like it and is taking it out on the fans. If Jerry was offering him 60-65 million I don't think Dak would care one way or another if Jerry was an idiot GM. He hasn't before.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean if he wants to win…..I don’t see why he would want to be here or anyone for that matter. Younger I get it. Young and they are happy to be in the league. But guys like Dak, Lamb, Law, etc they have options and can do better than this.