Twitter: Dak's message to fans frustrated about last season: Move on

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So what, fans shouldn't be upset and hold him and his teammates accountable for habitually being horrible when it's all on the line? Nobody, and I mean not a single fan (well...maybe one or two) is simply dwelling on a crappy end to last season. Failing in the most extraordinary ways has become Dak's, as well as the Cowboys' calling card. It has become the norm. Now he tries to brush it off? Thats not how the world works. He's trying to deflect heat, when he should be feeling every bit of it.
Hey, I'm not saying you shouldn't stress yourself out over it. I'm just saying that may be at least part of what Dak is saying. But one thing I'm saying is that nothing we, as mere fans can do or say is going to do diddly squat to improve the team. Negativity begets negativity, as one can plainly see throughout the pages of this forum. Unfortunately, on this board, positivity also begets negativity.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And? I’m not getting paid millions of dollars to lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Weird comparison for you to make there. Not surprising from a Dak gobbler though.
Well, you called him a loser. I’d like to lose like that. You? They don’t pay well for arm chair quarterbacks.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He made similar comments after his last big pay day and we're still waiting for him keep his promise.

At some point you have to realize he will never come through on his promises, and that all he is really interested in is another big pay day.
He’s keeping his promise. After all his was NFL MVP runner up last year. It’s just the team is flawed in its construction last year. Weak up the middle. It’s basic football that you and the rest of the haters don’t understand. It takes a team. The QB is a skill position. Just an FYI, they do not run block nor do they try and stop the run. I guess you could play Dak at LB as he‘s light enough to fit Quinns defense. Maybe Cee Dee can put on a few pounds and be a run blocking TE. :lmao:

leeblair

Reaction score
The replies…:popcorn:

@jonmachota

Dak Prescott when asked what he says to Cowboys fans who are still frustrated about how last season ended: “Be fans or don’t be fans. If you’re a fan, you’re going to turn the page just as we do, you’re gonna move forward, understanding that you have better ahead of you. … Sorry, obviously, but it hurt us more than it did them. Obviously it’s on us to get back and to do better, but, yeah, move on.”

3:53 PM · Jul 25, 2024

Sounds as if the Joneses have made him a much smaller offer and presented him with the fact that the fans really don't like him after all of the times he's shut down in big games.
Sounds like he's addressing a fan base that he feels is costing him money in negotiations and he doesn't like us.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not a Dak hater or apologist, but just reading the words and trying to be objective, I don’t have an issue with what he said.

He told you better days are ahead and let’s turn the page and move forward. Not sure what’s so horrible with that.

Most of you are frowning at this so I must be missing the point, but what do you want to hear the guy say?
You haven’t missed the point. In fact, you’re one of the only ones who got the point.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Sounds as if the Joneses have made him a much smaller offer and presented him with the fact that the fans really don't like him after all of the times he's shut down in big games.
Sounds like he's addressing a fan base that he feels is costing him money in negotiations and he doesn't like us.
Maybe he saw that poll that Cowboy fans think he's the most overrated player on the team. lol

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
He’s keeping his promise. After all his was NFL MVP runner up last year. It’s just the team is flawed in its construction last year. Weak up the middle. It’s basic football that you and the rest of the haters don’t understand. It takes a team. The QB is a skill position. Just an FYI, they do not run block nor do they try and stop the run. I guess you could play Dak at LB as he‘s light enough to fit Quinns defense. Maybe Cee Dee can put on a few pounds and be a run blocking TE. :lmao:
Yet they won 12 games with this major flaw..... I guess it was easy to overcome with the cupcake schedule they had last year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hey, I'm not saying you shouldn't stress yourself out over it. I'm just saying that may be at least part of what Dak is saying. But one thing I'm saying is that nothing we, as mere fans can do or say is going to do diddly squat to improve the team. Negativity begets negativity, as one can plainly see throughout the pages of this forum. Unfortunately, on this board, positivity also begets negativity.
Amen brother.

GINeric

Reaction score
He made similar comments after his last big pay day and we're still waiting for him keep his promise.

At some point you have to realize he will never come through on his promises, and that all he is really interested in is another big pay day.

If this was boxing, golf or tennis, I would completely agree with you.... with that said, in this team game of 53 active players.... none of them kept their promises. That includes the head coach.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Damn. Why you call the man a loser though? What he stole your girl or something? He's not elite but if you consider a top 10, All-Pro, MVP candidate a loser....

Then there's obviously more losers in the NFL at the quarterback spot that's top 10, All-Pro and a MVP candidate.

Can you please list the other loser quarterbacks who've done this?

hi Tad !!!