Dak's not leaving, this isn't an overhaul

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Starts and ends in the trenches. The O-line needs to be blown up. D-line needs some big guys in the middle. And, a ton of nasty needs to be on both sides of the ball. There's no nasty on this team, just finesse.

Juicebox Moore definitely needs to go. Should've been gone a long time ago. Before last season. Only problem with that, new offensive scheme. Welp, at least then , fans won't expect much.

Oh wait, yeah they will, they are Cowboys fans.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Juicebox Moore definitely needs to go. Should've been gone a long time ago. Before last season. Only problem with that, new offensive scheme. Welp, at least then , fans won't expect much.
I recall many in here who still have Moore on a pedestal while tossing 110% of the blame non-stop on Dak. Just makes one laugh & move on.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Wow. I get this forum can be hyperbolic but my goodness.

Dak isn't leaving. Complaining about it is just dumb. The contract is signed. BUILD A BRIDGE, GET OVER IT.

He was playing at an MVP level. Tied for fourth in the league with 37 touchdown passes to only ten ints with a 104 rating!!! He is what you want in a QB. We have to do better around him.

With that said, this isn't an overhaul, it's a tune-up. And that is going to happen because like all GOOD TEAMS we are going to lose our coordinators and hopefully bring in the right staff to take the leap.

I don't want Dan Quinn to go. KM I'm wavering on but more on Nussmier and Philben.

We went 12-5 and had a tough draw in the first round. Played like crap and had dumb mistakes. We lost. IT HAPPENS. GET BETTER.

To this offense, Dak Prescott and Zeke Elliott are the biggest question mark on players, moving forward...once resolved on current status, the health of a young team has to be fully developed and into the immediate future.

Jerry and all planning really has to step up intensities this present off season. A dynasty has to be formed in this very window.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
We can fix the oline, we can fix the RB, we can fix the dline, we can fix everything, but we can't fix QB and that's where everything starts.
Seems like every passing play, Dak steps 10 yards back so it like the Cowboys have a 10 yard penalty every passing play before the ball is even thrown.

starman22

Reaction score
Toe to toe? Dak must've given him a pedicure after the game, because he threw away the first half and the Packers built a huge lead that was enough to win the game for them.
You have no clue- or don't want to admit what we've all seen for the past 5 years. Dak is the same as he was in college; he plays great when his team is overpowering their opponent, but chokes under pressure.
This we have repeatedly watched Dak choke away division titles against 8-8 teams.
Get some integrity and call it for what it is- Dak Prescott is not a very good quarterback.

I'm all for calling Dak out when he is bad, but here is the scoring summary from that game.
It appears that we were tied 28-28 with 4 minutes to go. 3 fg were scored after that 2 by the pack and one by us.

Hopefully this summary translates to this post, I'm not sure what the formatting will look like.

Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER GB DAL
i

FG
11:23
Dan Bailey 50 Yd Field Goal
8 plays, 43 yards, 3:37
0 3
i

TD
8:58
Richard Rodgers 34 Yd pass from Aaron Rodgers (Mason Crosby Kick)
5 plays, 75 yards, 2:25
7 3
SECOND QUARTER GB DAL
i

TD
14:05
Ty Montgomery 3 Yd Run (Mason Crosby Kick)
13 plays, 90 yards, 5:47
14 3
i

TD
7:37
Ty Montgomery 1 Yd Run (Mason Crosby Kick)
9 plays, 80 yards, 5:24
21 3
i

TD
6:03
Dez Bryant 40 Yd pass from Dak Prescott (Dan Bailey Kick)
4 plays, 75 yards, 1:34
21 10
i

FG
1:00
Dan Bailey 33 Yd Field Goal
10 plays, 36 yards, 3:55
21 13
THIRD QUARTER GB DAL
i

TD
11:25
Jared Cook 3 Yd pass from Aaron Rodgers (Mason Crosby Kick)
6 plays, 75 yards, 3:35
28 13
FOURTH QUARTER GB DAL
i

TD
11:39
Jason Witten 6 Yd pass from Dak Prescott (Dan Bailey Kick)
10 plays, 59 yards, 5:40
28 20
i

TD
4:08
Dez Bryant 7 Yd pass from Dak Prescott (Dak Prescott Run for Two-Point Conversion)
11 plays, 80 yards, 5:06
28 28
i

FG
1:33
Mason Crosby 56 Yd Field Goal
8 plays, 37 yards, 2:35
31 28
i

FG
0:35
Dan Bailey 52 Yd Field Goal
6 plays, 42 yards, 0:58
31 31
i

FG
0:00
Mason Crosby 51 Yd Field Goal
6 plays, 43 yards, 0:35
34 31

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
agreed. he isnt good enough to overcome anything less perfect conditions. if we give him 10 seconds to throw the ball in a clean pocket we might be able to win a playoff game.
But Brady only needs one second.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
One "elite" play from Dak Pre$cott could have made the difference.

Just one.....

NO, but you could say that about anyone on the team. Holding calls called back some of them, dropped passes ruined others. Penalties gave this team no chance to win.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
NO, but you could say that about anyone on the team. Holding calls called back some of them, dropped passes ruined others. Penalties gave this team no chance to win.
Can you show me one play from the game which Dak does anything above what would be expected from any starting QB in the NFL?

In spite of the mistakes made by others it would have only taken one big time play in one of the big time moments to elevate Dak into big time player status, and won the game.

Hell, if the defense didn't set him up on the SF 28 he would have been responsible for one TD on a great play call which was executed perfectly and only required him to lay one up to his first read who was wide open.

Can you show me one big time play from Dak in that game?

I'll give you credit for a big time play called back on a penalty if the penalty didn't directly lead to the success of the play.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Can you show me one play from the game which Dak does anything above what would be expected from any starting QB in the NFL?

In spite of the mistakes made by others it would have only taken one big time play in one of the big time moments to elevate Dak into big time player status, and won the game.

Hell, if the defense didn't set him up on the SF 28 he would have been responsible for one TD on a great play call which was executed perfectly and only required him to lay one up to his first read who was wide open.

Can you show me one big time play from Dak in that game?

Sure, on that 2nd to last drive alone there were 3 dropped passes. First one by Lamb, 2nd by Zeke, and then Wilson had a chance to make a play on 4th down and he trips and pass bounces off his hands. 3 drops.

Heck on the 2nd drive Dak hit Lamb for 35 yards. Called back holding.

On almost EVERY drive the Cowboys had that failed it was because of a holding penalty, false start, dropped pass. If not that a sack.

This Oline didnt give Dak or the offense a chance.

But I get it................in sad losses like this everyone blames who they want to blame. Truth is the entire team sucked top to bottom. Hell the defense didnt even get a sack. LOL

This was a disgrace. Moore sucked. Zeke sucked, they all sucked.

stiletto

Reaction score
Sure, on that 2nd to last drive alone there were 3 dropped passes. First one by Lamb, 2nd by Zeke, and then Wilson had a chance to make a play on 4th down and he trips and pass bounces off his hands. 3 drops.

On almost EVERY drive the Cowboys had that failed it was because of a holding penalty, false start, dropped pass. If not that a sack.

But I get it................in sad losses like this everyone blames who they want to blame. Truth is the entire team sucked top to bottom. Hell the defense didnt even get a sack. LOL

:hammer::hammer:

A total disgrace from top to bottom! Only the punter had a decent game and he still managed to do something dumb and hit the jumbotron. Everyone was garbage pretty much and I think that's why it is so shocking. It was like they came out to play a pre-season game. Never seen anything like it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
:hammer::hammer:

A total disgrace from top to bottom! Only the punter had a decent game and he still managed to do something dumb and hit the jumbotron. Everyone was garbage pretty much and I think that's why it is so shocking. It was like they came out to play a pre-season game. Never seen anything like it.

To be honest this was a mirror image of the Arizona game at home. No one showed up with tons of penalties. Its amazing how bad this whole team plays in big games.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

No no. You're not understanding.

I'm not talking routine and expected plays that were screwed up by someone else.

Forget everyone else for one minute and point me to any one play that transcends routine and even nudges up against elite.

Even LVE made one big time play.