Dak's not leaving, this isn't an overhaul

leeblair

Reaction score
You’re are what I call “football dumb”. Enjoy that.
I really don't think that coming from you it bears much weight. Anyone who would defend Dak and ignore the obvious lack of leadership ability he has shown for the past 5 years is clearly not looking at the football side of the story.
You are a Dak fan, not a Cowboys fan.
That's why there is such animosity between Dak homers and Cowboys fans. We see the problems and want them corrected.
You guys see Dak and blame everyone else for the problems, just like the Garrett fans did.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow. I get this forum can be hyperbolic but my goodness.

Dak isn't leaving. Complaining about it is just dumb. The contract is signed. BUILD A BRIDGE, GET OVER IT.

He was playing at an MVP level. Tied for fourth in the league with 37 touchdown passes to only ten ints with a 104 rating!!! He is what you want in a QB. We have to do better around him.

With that said, this isn't an overhaul, it's a tune-up. And that is going to happen because like all GOOD TEAMS we are going to lose our coordinators and hopefully bring in the right staff to take the leap.

I don't want Dan Quinn to go. KM I'm wavering on but more on Nussmier and Philben.

We went 12-5 and had a tough draw in the first round. Played like crap and had dumb mistakes. We lost. IT HAPPENS. GET BETTER.
This, ladies and gents is how Jerry survives.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Time for major changes in philosophy and identity. This team can't be pass dominant. They don't have the QB. Put all resources into the trenches and be the team that no one can stop running the ball. Use play action off that propensity to run.

Yep… Forget Dak. You have to build a run game and you can’t use resources on the pass game.

Dak will not show up when you need him. He’s not good enough.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I really don't think that coming from you it bears much weight. Anyone who would defend Dak and ignore the obvious lack of leadership ability he has shown for the past 5 years is clearly not looking at the football side of the story.
You are a Dak fan, not a Cowboys fan.
That's why there is such animosity between Dak homers and Cowboys fans. We see the problems and want them corrected.
You guys see Dak and blame everyone else for the problems, just like the Garrett fans did.
We were discussing the 2016 game against the Packers. You were 100% wrong on that front. Dak has had his issues, but so has pretty much every player on the roster. Some, like you, want to place the blame on one player. You have an agenda and it’s clear. Don’t tell me what I’m a fan of. I’d guess I’ve been a fan longer than you’ve been alive. Dak is far from perfect, but he’s also not the biggest issue with this team/organization. But go on with the agenda as long as it makes you happy. I don’t really give a ****.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
We can fix the oline, we can fix the RB, we can fix the dline, we can fix everything, but we can't fix QB and that's where everything starts.

Dak is a bus driver QB who can occasionally make great throws. He doesn’t need “fixing”, we (both the coaches and fans) just need to stop expecting him to be like Mahomes, Rodgers, etc. (vastly superior QBs). The coaches also need to devise better gameplans for his skill set. This would involve crossing routes/slants/outs with your fastest receivers, screens that ACTUALLY work, and most importantly a run game that doesn’t max out at 70 yards/3 YPC versus good teams.

Draft OL high, make Zeke split more with Pollard unless he somehow magically regains his burst from his first 2-3 years, fix Kellen Moore’s philosophy or replace him.

morat1959

Reaction score

Dak isn't leaving. Complaining about it is just dumb. The contract is signed. BUILD A BRIDGE, GET OVER IT.

He was playing at an MVP level. Tied for fourth in the league with 37 touchdown passes to only ten ints with a 104 rating!!! He is what you want in a QB. We have to do better around him.

With that said, this isn't an overhaul, it's a tune-up. And that is going to happen because like all GOOD TEAMS we are going to lose our coordinators and hopefully bring in the right staff to take the leap.

I don't want Dan Quinn to go. KM I'm wavering on but more on Nussmier and Philben.

We went 12-5 and had a tough draw in the first round. Played like crap and had dumb mistakes. We lost. IT HAPPENS. GET BETTER.
For the humptennth time, no team with Dak under center will ever win a SB. Just accept it before every season starts.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
Dak can be released in 2 years and 2 million is saved on the cap. The Cowboys are stuck with him for two more years. The tell will be if Jerry and Stephen restructure his contract. If so, they are compounding their mistake and keeping him longer then that. If they don’t, they at least at this moment are ready to move on at this point. Not real confident they will make the right choice. As long as the stadium is full they are happy.

ICP

Reaction score
You'll be lucky to see a couple lower level coaches get released

cmoney23

Reaction score
For the humptennth time, no team with Dak under center will ever win a SB. Just accept it before every season starts.
Well, that's wrong. So why would I accept it?

How about you realize he's the QB and under contract and don't worry about the team until he's gone?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
agreed.
we're a young,ascending team.
BE.
BETTER.
This is so not true. In 2016 we were a young ascending team. That was 5 years ago. We are pretty much the same team just older and broken. Parsons and Diggs offer some hope for the future but the reality is we are mostly a veteran team that is declining.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Dak had no chance to have a good game. None

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
This is so not true. In 2016 we were a young ascending team. That was 5 years ago. We are pretty much the same team just older and broken. Parsons and Diggs offer some hope for the future but the reality is we are mostly a veteran team that is declining.

Exactly. The Cowboys are going to have most likely a worse team next year. There are some young pieces like you mentioned. But, most likely a declining team with an average QB taking up 23% of the cap, with a crappy cap situation. Not a recipe for winning.

cowboyec

Reaction score
totally disagree.

khiladi

Reaction score
No, he’s not what we want in a QB, just like many Vikings and previously, Commanders fans don’t and didn’t want Kirk Cousins, who is better than Dak, despite the numbers like QBR.

The Cowboys are awful on third downs with this ‘passing QB’.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Oh Dak's not leaving. In fact, is there a GM out there in the NFL who would be stupid enough to trade for Dak (I get it that he has a no trade clause but say he waives it)? Dak's going to be here for 3 more years sucking year after year. That's 4 years of Parsons career wasted because we overpaid for a bus driver.

cowboyec

Reaction score
the only starters on this team over the age of 30 are tyron smith,zack martin,bryan anger and lonewolf mcquaide.
every other starter is under the age of 30.
these starters/contributors:
dak,zeke,cooper,lamb,jarwin,collins,biadasz,lawrence,basham,odighizuwa,bohanna,hill,parsons,cox,diggs,brown,lewis,wilson,joseph all under the age of 30.
they have to perform better in the big games but this is a young,ascending team that barring significant injury should win the east again.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Oh Dak's not leaving. In fact, is there a GM out there in the NFL who would be stupid enough to trade for Dak (I get it that he has a no trade clause but say he waives it)? Dak's going to be here for 3 more years sucking year after year. That's 4 years of Parsons career wasted because we overpaid for a bus driver.

You give him too much credit calling him a bus driver.

A bus driver can at least find and accurately pass to wide open WR's.