Twitter: Dak's passing absence from training camp proves his value to Cowboys

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Images of Weeks 5 - 17 of the 2020 season come to mind. :confused:

Thoughts?

:popcorn:

would this not also reflect on the coaches? They could tell the qb's to throw deeper, and also they may be telling them
to throw the short passes. The coaches control these practices, not the qb's.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s because you’rea hater. It’s who you are. Want to know why I know? Because of the vast majority of your posts since you’ve been here.

Define and explain how the word "Hater" applies to a fan who questions one of our player's performances and abilities?
HATER is a big word for this type of forum we enjoy posting and shooting our Cowboy love around.
We await your explanation if you have one that is????

P.S.Is it possible you have anger issues and have let society alter how you view the world?

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Any QB that gets under center is going to take time to get comfortable with timing an play calling. Besides these backups wouldn't even make another team. We all saw what Trubisky did to these defense a couple years ago.

CWR

Reaction score
You're right. Since the FO is not serious about getting anyone qualified to be the backup. Normally, it may be ok to do that, but this season is not one of those with Dak coming off this injury and will be getting minimal practice in the preseason. If he goes down in the initial part of the season, Dallas is toast. But it would have been their own dammmmm fault. Somehow i feel you like that scenario.

Well last year they had Dalton as back up. The impossible thing is knowing when your qb1 goes down how long will it be. If we were to lose Dak for a couple to few games I'd want a legit back up. If it was a season long type of injury I'd almost rather have no one so we could just lose out and be done. Worst case scenario imo is winning without any chance of really winning. Don't get me wrong I almost always want to win, but sometimes it's to our detriment.

Which is why I think back up should be someone who has potential of being a future starter, not just some crusty old vet who can steal a game here or there.

We should use the position to develop talent, not necessarily as a safe guard. The guys we have now fit neither bill.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Well last year they had Dalton as back up. The impossible thing is knowing when your qb1 goes down how long will it be. If we were to lose Dak for a couple to few games I'd want a legit back up. If it was a season long type of injury I'd almost rather have no one so we could just lose out and be done. Worst case scenario imo is winning without any chance of really winning. Don't get me wrong I almost always want to win, but sometimes it's to our detriment.

Which is why I think back up should be someone who has potential of being a future starter, not just some crusty old vet who can steal a game here or there.

We should use the position to develop talent, not necessarily as a safe guard. The guys we have now fit neither bill.

Romo was really the only legitimate backup we've had since Aikman. I don't count Prescott since he was the #3 until Moore busted his own foot.

Reactions: CWR

USArmyVet

Reaction score
No QB could win with that defense. Dalton no exception. Thanks for proving all of us football educated who’ve been trying to tell you haters for months. You finally fessed up.

Funny how anyone that provides basic game stats to counter a point that Dalton played poorly in a specific game is called a hater by you all the time.....which is a rule violation.....but yet you are allowed to do whatever you want so continue to do what you do as even CouchCoach called approaches like yours a lazy attempt at debate.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
pretty obvious unless its agenda driven bull-****.
:thumbup:
Right.

But honestly. What is their agenda? Make others hate the most important player on the team you root for? Make others mad? Prove to others they are football stupid?

I don’t get it. I really don’t.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Not only that but the passes weren't even close to being accurate......if we use the Dak scale. Funny with Dak is accuracy even though he has a high completion percentage but with everybody else completion percentage shows how accurate they are.

Whats worst is these guys don't see how bias they are and wonder why they are called haters

In 2020 Andy Dalton had an On Target % of 78.4% which is higher than Dak Prescott has had (77.6% in 2019) so not sure where your barometer is when it comes to not accurate statement. Also, when Dak had his career year in 2019 he finished with a Completion % of 65.1%....last season Dalton finished with a Completion % of 64.9%.

As for why people call members like myself hater/troll, they do it simply because we provide statistical data to support our positions and we dare to be free thinkers while having the audacity to question Dallas players instead of being blind followers.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Right.

But honestly. What is their agenda? Make others hate the most important player on the team you root for? Make others mad? Prove to others they are football stupid?

I don’t get it. I really don’t.
I don't think criticism should be considered hate. I don't think not believing in Dak yet is hate. Nobody "hates" Dak. They just aren't sold on him the same way other are yet. Also, back to back season of not making the playoffs, Dak getting injured, and then getting that huge contract has just fueled the fires. I don't think any team fears Dak passing the ball yet. I think they WANT Dak to pass the ball, because they know there's a much better chance they win the game if he's forced to be the man on offense. Maybe that will all change, but it hasn't yet. If Dak comes out this year on fire and we win games then nobody is going to say anything. Winning cures all.

I'm a Zeke guy. I think Zeke was the most responsible for the success we've had since him and Dak entered the league. Zeke was the most important part of the offense his first 3 years and the team thrived because of it. We have not made the playoffs unless Zeke won the rushing title. I believe that is pretty significant and speaks volumes towards who the real engine of the offense should be. I don't think that anyone that criticizes Zeke is a "hater". I think they are frustrated with losing.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
How
Many
Touchdowns
Did
Andy
The Red Rifle
Score?

14 TD's in 9 games which averages out to 1.56 TD's/game.......which is slightly below the per game average of 1.75 TD's that Dak provided in 2017 & 2018

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I don't think criticism should be considered hate. I don't think not believing in Dak yet is hate. Nobody "hates" Dak. They just aren't sold on him the same way other are yet. Also, back to back season of not making the playoffs, Dak getting injured, and then getting that huge contract has just fueled the fires. I don't think any team fears Dak passing the ball yet. I think they WANT Dak to pass the ball, because they know there's a much better chance they win the game if he's forced to be the man on offense. Maybe that will all change, but it hasn't yet. If Dak comes out this year on fire and we win games then nobody is going to say anything. Winning cures all.

I'm a Zeke guy. I think Zeke was the most responsible for the success we've had since him and Dak entered the league. Zeke was the most important part of the offense his first 3 years and the team thrived because of it. We have not made the playoffs unless Zeke won the rushing title. I believe that is pretty significant and speaks volumes towards who the real engine of the offense should be. I don't think that anyone that criticizes Zeke is a "hater". I think they are frustrated with losing.

Unfortunately your post is well thought out and carries a high degree of common sense.....so it of course will be discounted as words of a hater/troll.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
They do not care the team was 1-3 with Dak and 5-5 with Dalton. They only care Dak's stats looked good in losses, outcome be damned.

Thing is Dak would be far more likely to "iron things out" if he'd played the whole season rather than a Dalton who had near zero practice with the receivers before he had to play, and Gilbert & DiNucci were both little more than rookies.

And it's not like Dak and Dallas got blown out in the 3 losses with Dak playing, the losses were by 3, 7 and 11 points.

The whole "Dak was only 1-3 so the whole season would have gone the same way" is mostly speculation...

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thing is Dak would be far more likely to "iron things out" if he'd played the whole season rather than a Dalton who had near zero practice with the receivers before he had to play, and Gilbert & DiNucci were both little more than rookies.

And it's not like Dak and Dallas got blown out in the 3 losses with Dak playing, the losses were by 3, 7 and 11 points.

The whole "Dak was only 1-3 so the whole season would have gone the same way" is mostly speculation...

Now imagine if Dalton could actually have had an off-season to learn the offense.

Dak having good stats in losses is like saying jaylon is good cause he gets all the tackles.