Dak's performance vs Lions (2022)

RonnieT24

Reaction score
By the way.. did I hear the Nantz correctly when he stated that the back to back 3 and outs in the game yesterday were the first back to back 3 and outs with Dak at QB since 2019? People come here every day complaining that he is constantly going 3 and out.. How is this possible?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By the way.. did I hear the Nantz correctly when he stated that the back to back 3 and outs in the game yesterday were the first back to back 3 and outs with Dak at QB since 2019? People come here every day complaining that he is constantly going 3 and out.. How is this possible?

I am petty sure they will come up with some insane reasons. :laugh:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Not sure if Nantz said that, but if you believed it, you're bias is showing.

The Cowboys had 3 consecutive 3 and outs in the first half against Tampa (2 punts, and then the 3rd being an interception on the 3rd play).

Going back a little more. There were consecutive 3 and outs against Arizona last year.
And this gem the first game against Washington: 3 and out, 3 and out, pick-6 (2 plays), 3 and out.

That's as far back as I went before stopping.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not sure if Nantz said that, but if you believed it, you're bias is showing.

The Cowboys had 3 consecutive 3 and outs in the first half against Tampa (2 punts, and then the 3rd being an interception on the 3rd play).

Going back a little more. There were consecutive 3 and outs against Arizona last year.
And this gem the first game against Washington: 3 and out, 3 and out, pick-6 (2 plays), 3 and out.

That's as far back as I went before stopping.

So if an announcer says something and I wonder if I heard him correctly that is showing bias? Good lord.. Maybe he was referring to the start of games? In any case that's what he said.. I have no bias against facts.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So if an announcer says something and I wonder if I heard him correctly that is showing bias? Good lord.. Maybe he was referring to the start of games? In any case that's what he said.. I have no bias against facts.
Well, no. Wondering if you heard someone correctly is not bias.

Not recognizing something as obviously not true, regardless of who said it, probably is.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If Dak did that, it would still be called "garbage time" stats by many on this forum, due to the Cowboys still losing and all some would focus on are the 3 INTs or missed throws Dak made, which led to the Cowboys going down 20 points to the Eagles, if the team was in the same position with him as they were with Cooper Rush against Philly.

Yet Dak critics act like their side doesn't have double standards when it comes to judging Dak and judging other QBs. "Almost comebacks" never counted with many Dak critics, since their claim would still be all that matters is whether or not the Cowboys won the game. And before they say "The difference is one is being paid 40 million." They were still holding Dak to big expectations and standards during his first 1-3 seasons. Yet says Cooper Rush should be getting cut slack, after being in the NFL as a back up since 2017.
Absolutely. Great post.

They are saying Dak can't win 4 games in a row like Rush even though Dak holds the Cowboys record for 11 straight wins.

It's not about football ability. Never has, never will be. For some it started before the draft while others jumped on after Romo lost his job

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Screenshot-20221024-021447.jpg

Screenshot-20221024-021400.jpg

Dak's game stats: 19 of 25 attempts, 207 passing yards, 76.0% completions, 8.3 average passing yards/completion, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 2 sacks, 113.3 passer rating.

If you look at the first half we had 5 drives. They featured Zeke on 4 out of the 5. The ONLY drive we scored points and really got things moving was the 3rd drive. The ONLY drive that featured Pollard.

First two drives Zeke was awful getting stuffed on his runs. No surprise we went 3 and out on both.

We did get the ball moving on the final drive of the half and they DID feature Zeke. Difference was that instead of getting stuffed on his first run he went for 7 yards. Now were rolling. Pick up a first down and then he had 12 yards and another FD on his 2nd carry. This was the drive that Brown fumbles on the 4 yard line.

Direct correlation between running the ball successfully and moving the football or stalling. When we feature Zeke 4 out of 5 drives in the first half we are limiting our offense. A ZEKE featured offense is slow and plodding. More prone to punt, more prone to have 3rd and long.

In Pollards ONLY drive where he was featured his first 3 runs were all for 6 yards. He got the offense moving and going. Then the play action starts working. Until we feature Pollard more in this offense we will continue to be inconsistent.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you look at the first half we had 5 drives. They featured Zeke on 4 out of the 5. The ONLY drive we scored points and really got things moving was the 3rd drive. The ONLY drive that featured Pollard.

First two drives Zeke was awful getting stuffed on his runs. No surprise we went 3 and out on both.

We did get the ball moving on the final drive of the half and they DID feature Zeke. Difference was that instead of getting stuffed on his first run he went for 7 yards. Now were rolling. Pick up a first down and then he had 12 yards and another FD on his 2nd carry. This was the drive that Brown fumbles on the 4 yard line.

Direct correlation between running the ball successfully and moving the football or stalling. When we feature Zeke 4 out of 5 drives in the first half we are limiting our offense. A ZEKE featured offense is slow and plodding. More prone to punt, more prone to have 3rd and long.

In Pollards ONLY drive where he was featured his first 3 runs were all for 6 yards. He got the offense moving and going. Then the play action starts working. Until we feature Pollard more in this offense we will continue to be inconsistent.

BS…stretching and twisting it. There were other factors involved as well.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

All good points but they are different backs and should be used that way. Absolutely no reason why Pollard is getting goal line carries.

Ken

Reaction score
ya he said it.

To answer your question...because the hve the memory of goldfish.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yes but he does state it in his comment, which you replied to and didn't acknowledge it.

Not sure what the big deal is. What Nantz said is true. All good now?
The original statement carried a very different meaning and intent. When called out on the obvious foolishness, the backpeddaling began. Then you jumped in to help push.

The hoops you guys will jump through...