Dak's performance vs Lions (2022)

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I don't think you're a Dak hater.... I just believe you're one of those "cowboys fans" who would be praising and drooling all over Rush if he had the same stats and outcome as Dak today.

You're happy we won i guess, but you would've probably preferred if the win didn't happen on Daks watch.

I get it bro....
Close. I actually would have been satisfied with Cooper if he lead us to 24 points. Simply because he's the "noname" backup who just doesn't have to deliver more.

Now, I absolutely understand that Dak just needs a little time. Even said / wrote so in many threads now. But I just have to laugh when some here just think he's the second coming of Christ and played a spectacular game yesterday. Ridicilous. He did what was expected from him. Getting back on track. Funny how people put the last wins upon the defense, but this time it was Dak who played good. He didn't. And neither did he suck. Just ok for his first game.

Jipper

Reaction score
Anyone that didn't think dak would be rusty was lying to themselves.

Also, the lions used the bye week to adjust their defensive scheme and it showed

Dak had some overthrows and a couple of spot where his timing was off, plus his typical sack bc he still hasn't learned when to throw it away....but a lot of positive to build on

Step 1 was to get healthy

Step 2 was to play a smart game and start to knock off the rust and get a w

Step 3 is improve play vs bears

Step 4 is ramp up to peak during the bye

Step 5 is annihilate the Packers and don't look back

Buckle up guys, with this defense, the two headed monster that is our run game and dak on the upswing - this team is exactly where they need to be at this point in the season.

It's going to be a fun journey the rest of the way

plymkr

Reaction score
I was encouraged that Dak played as well as he did. He was efficient, didn't turn the ball over and overall just had a good game. Not a great game but a good game. Considering he broke his thumb on his throwing hand and this is his first game back then that's encouraging.

At the end of the day winning by 1 point counts the exact same as winning by 30. So I could care less about style points or gaudy stats. A W is a W and we got one today. We're 5-2.

And this is coming from someone who is not a Dak homer, but I'm a Cowboys homer and I don't care how we win as long as we win.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anyone that didn't think dak would be rusty was lying to themselves.

Also, the lions used the bye week to adjust their defensive scheme and it showed

Dak had some overthrows and a couple of spot where his timing was off, plus his typical sack bc he still hasn't learned when to throw it away....but a lot of positive to build on

Step 1 was to get healthy

Step 2 was to play a smart game and start to knock off the rust and get a w

Step 3 is improve play vs bears

Step 4 is ramp up to peak during the bye

Step 5 is annihilate the Packers and don't look back

Buckle up guys, with this defense, the two headed monster that is our run game and dak on the upswing - this team is exactly where they need to be at this point in the season.

It's going to be a fun journey the rest of the way
I don't think he looked rusty at all.

Cmac

Reaction score
img_0580.jpg
You forgot....."We are plumetting them:

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
No need to get worked up about anything here, especially not about other people just voicing their opinions like you do.

This here has become a problem here @ the zone and society in general.
If you voice a different opinion then prepare to be labelled / shamed.

We're all watching the same game, just filter things differently depending on our expectations.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Screenshot-20221024-021447.jpg

Screenshot-20221024-021400.jpg

Dak's game stats: 19 of 25 attempts, 207 passing yards, 76.0% completions, 8.3 average passing yards/completion, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 2 sacks, 113.3 passer rating.

As expected, he had to get his groove back but had a solid game. But this was a game he wasn't asked to do much, five turnovers from your defense are going to win most games, even for most backups. Something encouraging to me was getting his confidence back and you could see that in the 2nd half. I said last week, he needed to tune out his critics, trust the running game, convert turnovers with TDs and win.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Screenshot-20221024-021447.jpg

Screenshot-20221024-021400.jpg

Dak's game stats: 19 of 25 attempts, 207 passing yards, 76.0% completions, 8.3 average passing yards/completion, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 2 sacks, 113.3 passer rating.

Funny how hen Rush was putting up these type of stats you and others credited the defense but because of your Dak man love you want to herald the win as Dak's. Pathetic.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The Lions put up 35 vs the Eagles and almost won.... but only loss to the Eagles by 3.

Dak led the offense to 24 points coming off of injury and inactivity for over a month. Yeah I like Dak's chances vs the Eagles. Oh yeah, Dak is 9-3 vs the Eagles too....

The Lions have one of the NFL's worst defenses, correct????

Well explain why the Eagles (6-0) only beat them by 3

The Vikings (5-1) only beat them by 4

The Seahawks (4-3) only beat them by 3

But the Cowboys led by Dak, beat them by 18????

Didn't the Eagles, Vikings and Seahawks get the memo that the Lions have one of the worst defenses???

32 rushes 139 yards 4.3 ypc 2 td's 5 defensive turnovers 4 defensive sacks

Dak didn;t lead crap so stop your slurping.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Funny how hen Rush was putting up these type of stats you and others credited the defense but because of your Dak man love you want to herald the win as Dak's. Pathetic.
When did I ever herald the win to Dak? This thread is simply to talk about his performance and how he contributed to a win. The team won the game. Now you can stop with your sexual accusations and immature rant. What an embarrassment.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Not even close to hating. Actually 90% moderate (aka realistic) and 10% happy about the win. Just your delusional mind sees someone as hater just because he knows Dak isn't there yet by quoting stats and the media. Last year this same media hyped our offense like their was no tomorrow when most fans here knew, that all those nice wins against the breadcrumbs of the league meant nothing. And this year your man Dak scored 3 points against a team, that would go on losing 4 of their seven games. Even against the Panthers.

It will get interesting against Minny or GB, until then Dak just kept the place warm like Cooper did. Nothing wrong with that, I was happy with the win. But nothing more either.

No need to get worked up about anything here, especially not about other people just voicing their opinions like you do.
I’ll tell ya this none of this guys have created a play on their own they’re super romo did. There’s a reason our offense is so methodical. We’re very limited in what plays defenses can’t stop. Nothing easy besides zeke bashing his head into a wall for 4 yards. Which won’t work anymore in December when he’s beat up .

Nah even a simple rollout to a wide open Noah brown didn’t work

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score

what is with this projection lol? Most Dak Homers are Cowboys Homers period. The only people stirring the Dak Rush pot where posters like you. the feigning of imagined hypocrisy when there is none.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The Lions put up 35 vs the Eagles and almost won.... but only loss to the Eagles by 3.

Dak led the offense to 24 points coming off of injury and inactivity for over a month. Yeah I like Dak's chances vs the Eagles. Oh yeah, Dak is 9-3 vs the Eagles too....

The Lions have one of the NFL's worst defenses, correct????

Well explain why the Eagles (6-0) only beat them by 3

The Vikings (5-1) only beat them by 4

The Seahawks (4-3) only beat them by 3

But the Cowboys led by Dak, beat them by 18????

Didn't the Eagles, Vikings and Seahawks get the memo that the Lions have one of the worst defenses???

Explain why in his 2 games for 2022 Dak has led the offense to an average of 13.5 points/game? You and your pals slammed Rush but averaging 20/points game so where is the Dak slamming for leading Dallas to much less points/game? We will wait.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
what is with this projection lol? Most Dak Homers are Cowboys Homers period. The only people stirring the Dak Rush pot where posters like you. the feigning of imagined hypocrisy when there is none.

Oh, so Dak homers do not stir the pot with their BS? Yeah, okay.