Dak's Stats Last Season vs. Romo's 2012 Season (Both Contract Years)

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Not a great year.

But i admit its a good regular season record. Not a great though. 16-1 would be great imo. Or of course 17-0

morat1959

Reaction score
Stats, stats and more stats….only good for Madden and fantasy football. Let’s compare real Cowboy QBs….Staubach, Aikman, White, Meredith.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Stats, stats and more stats….only good for Madden and fantasy football. Let’s compare real Cowboy QBs….Staubach, Aikman, White, Meredith.
Why not compare some emergency backups that never actually played in a real game. :laugh:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Seriously? This is a public forum and not a private conversation.

Yes, stats can be misleading. We all agree on that but they're not just misleading when they make a point you don't agree with. My comment was about how what you said could be turned on you as well. Your side are just as big of hypocrites as you think the other side is when it comes to this.

Btw, im glad you decided to double down tho. That game against Philly was a 10pt dallas lead midway through the 3rd. Dak took us on a long drive that led to a touchdown less than 30s into the 4th. He was then pulled from the game.

But yea...."context".
You arent comprehending what im saying and what my point was all along.

Dak detractors have always maintained that stats are misleading. There are QBs that put up decent/good numbers, but are nowhere as good as they seem. Look at somebody like Kirk Cousins. His career passer rating is .8 lower than Dak’s and 8th all-time (Jimmy G is 10th). He is now on his 3rd team and the team that signed him to a massive contract this past offseason, drafted his eventual successor 8th overall. Has he devoloped a cult-like the fanbase on the prior team’s he was on because of his stats?

You stats guys arent fooling me. Ive seen games where Dak was absolutely horrible and he pads his stats when the game was completely out of reach to make it not look that bad. This is the exact thing that happened in the last game that he plauyed. The game you referenced talking about it was only a 10-point lead. That game was never in question. They left him in, to get the record, then took him out.

Like I said, you guys arent fooling me. Like this whole “Dak dominates in the regular season” bit thats been going on lately.

Retro88

Reaction score

Dak detractors have always maintained that stats are misleading. There are QBs that put up decent/good numbers, but are nowhere as good as they seem. Look at somebody like Kirk Cousins. His career passer rating is .8 lower than Dak’s and 8th all-time (Jimmy G is 10th). He is now on his 3rd team and the team that signed him to a massive contract this past offseason, drafted his eventual successor 8th overall. Has he devoloped a cult-like the fanbase on the prior team’s he was on because of his stats?

You stats guys arent fooling me. Ive seen games where Dak was absolutely horrible and he pads his stats when the game was completely out of reach to make it not look that bad. This is the exact thing that happened in the last game that he plauyed. The game you referenced talking about it was only a 10-point lead. That game was never in question. They left him in, to get the record, then took him out.

Like I said, you guys arent fooling me. Like this whole “Dak dominates in the regular season” bit thats been going on lately.

Seriously? Like for real? I have not denied and even said stats are misleading. My comments have been this entire time that YOUR side also does this when things that don't fit your narrative. You keep ignoring that and are going off on tangents about points im not arguing. I commented about that Philly game bc you were being very misleading about it to try to prove your side.

I understand perfectly what youre saying. I'm just pointing out that your side are hypocrites too when it comes to this. Let's not play make believe

ArtClink

Reaction score
The problem with both qbs is our fo.

We dont invest in finding qbs. Nor do we build up a surrounding to develop one. So we will always be in a bad situation come contact year.

Be it romo or some other bum whos calf is in the best shape of its life these days.
Agree 100%. Both QBs played for a “head coach” with very limited power. Parcells got a little more power or so it seemed, but that was a plot to get stadium money.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Look at % of cap with Romo;s contracts and then look @ % of cap with Daks contracts, it is probably double what Romo got.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Perfectly said and devastatingly accurate

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Post some that we will.
Okay - many black pills were passed out on this forum about the prospects of life without Tony Romo. The exact same arguments were made, and the exact same predictions of 5 or less win seasons in perpetuity.

Guess what happened!

We switched from Romo to Dak and kept the exact same status quo.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Look at % of cap with Romo;s contracts and then look @ % of cap with Daks contracts, it is probably double what Romo got.
Just for information, because i was curious myself:

Tony Romo:

- contract signed in 2013 had an anual salary of 18 mils
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/2447/tony-romo
- Salary cap in 2013 was 123 mils
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/_/year/2013/sort/cap_maximum_space
- Romos contract % of cap in 2013: 18/123*100 = 14,6%

Dak Prescott:

- contract signed in 2021 had an anual salary of 40 mils
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/19089/dak-prescott
- salary cap in 2021 was 182 mils
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/_/year/2021/sort/cap_maximum_space
- Daks contract % of cap in 2021: 40/182*100 = 22%

I just wanted to have a feel for the numbers. Of course they are not the exact for every year.

So before some Dak fanboys again start arguing: You have the links with all the numbers. Compute yourself the exact values if you wish to know.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Just for information, because i was curious myself:

Tony Romo:

- contract signed in 2013 had an anual salary of 18 mils
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/2447/tony-romo
- Salary cap in 2013 was 123 mils
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/_/year/2013/sort/cap_maximum_space
- Romos contract % of cap in 2013: 18/123*100 = 14,6%

Dak Prescott:

- contract signed in 2021 had an anual salary of 40 mils
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/19089/dak-prescott
- salary cap in 2021 was 182 mils
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/_/year/2021/sort/cap_maximum_space
- Daks contract % of cap in 2021: 40/182*100 = 22%

I just wanted to have a feel for the numbers. Of course they are not the exact for every year.

So before some Dak fanboys again start arguing: You have the links with all the numbers. Compute yourself the exact values if you wish to know.
c=v some math lol
back around 2010, to win with a high paid qb the % needed to be 13% or less.
Romo got more and didnt win in playoffs.

Dak is now looking to surpass his 22% and so you can forget winning at that amount.
The 13% would now be around 16 % and they all may be going over that.

Then factor in these wr wanting 35mil + lol and it is even harder to field a good team.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is a comparison of Dak vs Romo in a contract year. The stats are for the season prior to the contract year. Romo was treated like Jerry's son while Dak has been treated like an unproven rookie. Double standard, plain and simple and Dak's numbers and wins are better than Romo's.

In 2013, Romo signed a a six-year, $108 million contract extension with $55 million in guarantees and a $25 million signing bonus. This contract extension saw Romo make just $1.2 million less than HOF, 2-time Super Bowl Champ Peyton Manning.

Meanwhile in 2023, Dak outplayed Romo in most of the important stats except total yards as shown below. Romo was never questioned or ever in a "prove it" season like Dak is facing this season as Romo was Jerry's adopted son and treated as such. In 2023 Dak played one more game than Romo's 2012 season but only had 9 interceptions to Romo's 19. Ouch!!

2023 Dak's led the Cowboys to an 12-5 season and was 2nd in NFC MVP Voting
CMP ATT Yards Comp% AVG TD INT Long Sack RTG QBR Carries Yds Avg TD Long
410 590 4,516 69.5 7.7 36 9 92 39 105.9 72.7 55 242 4.4 2 22

2012 Romo led the Cowboys to an 8-8 season
CMP ATT Yards Comp% AVG TD INT Long Sack RTG QBR Carries Yds Avg TD Long
425 648 4,903 65.6 7.6 28 19 85 36 90.5 64.6 30 49 1.6 1 15

Romo continues to be revered like he won a divisional playoff game or something, while Dak is reviled by the Fuhrer and half of the fan base. Go figure?
Romo was not revered toward the end of his career in Dallas as hope that he would be "the guy" faded. Then he became a loser with big numbers. Nobody cared he broke franchise passing records b/c he couldn't carry the team in the playoffs. We have seen 8 seasons of Dak and his career is very reminicent of Romo's...... always coming up short in the playoffs. Its not about numbers. Its about winning playoff games, and Romo took the exact same criticism.