Dak's Stats Last Season vs. Romo's 2012 Season (Both Contract Years)

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
These people don't get it.
I get it. Do the Cowboys get it? Because last year they made the playoffs in name only. It would have been better not to make the playoffs then to show up and play like that. The most embarrassing playoff loss in Cowboy history. Game was over before it even started. And now Dak wants to be paid more than any other QB in the NFL? Usually I don't care about players salaries but give me a break. Lance could have done what Dak did and Lance isn't even an NFL QB.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I get it. Do the Cowboys get it? Because last year they made the playoffs in name only. It would have been better not to make the playoffs then to show up and play like that. The most embarrassing loss in Cowboy history. Game was over before it even started. And now Dak wants to be paid more than any other QB in the NFL? Usually I don't care about players salaries but give me a break. Lance could have done what Dak did and Lance isn't even an NFL QB.
Yep. Everybody, including Dak, had mentally checked out the week before the game. It was obvious from how they performed like a team who had not won a single game.

No way do you pay a QB in year 8 who shows up like that for the most important game of the season, and in Dak's career, the most important game. It was the biggest letdown in the playoffs ever. I don't recall a previous time where a team so far beneath them on paper just destroyed them like it was nothing.

And it's not like Dak had a playoff record to fall back on to dismiss as a one off stinker. It would be galactically stupid to sign up and marry your franchise's next five years to more of that. So stupid that even Jerry is pausing to think it over.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
No kidding.
If you put Dak on those teams Romo had (2011-2013), they're not winning more than 3 games.
Really? I believe Romo is the most underrated QB of all time so I’m in no way downing him, but aren’t their stats fairly similar? Meaning he’d likely put up the same numbers and points?

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Really? I believe Romo is the most underrated QB of all time so I’m in no way downing him, but aren’t their stats fairly similar? Meaning he’d likely put up the same numbers and points?
Dak came into the best O-line (something Romo never had until the end of his career), and Dak has never had a defense in the bottom half (I believe). He's certainly never had a 32nd ranked defense. He's had more talent around him than Romo ever did. Their stats wouldn't even be close if you switched the two.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak had a SB ring 98% of his “haters” disappear.

Yes. His playoff failures are his biggest issue.
I'm not convinced it would take a super bowl. Just help win a couple playoff games in a row...and leave out the dunce moments.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I'm not convinced it would take a super bowl. Just help win a couple playoff games in a row...and leave out the dunce moments.
Maybe. But at this point, another quick exit or failing to at least get to the SB will simply reinforce the sentiment that he just doesn’t have what it takes.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Dak came into the best O-line (something Romo never had until the end of his career), and Dak has never had a defense in the bottom half (I believe). He's certainly never had a 32nd ranked defense. He's had more talent around him than Romo ever did. Their stats wouldn't even be close if you switched the two.
Some good points.

Still seems like Dak is a pretty good option now. Finding a pro bowl type QB proved hard pre Romo.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's a team sport. Romo at his best was better than Dak's ever been, but individuals don't win or lose games.
WRONG..its wash.. Sorry dude that was a Major League Romo fan and you're exaggerating and I can't take you seriously when you're saying that it's not even close are you serious that's ridiculous.. I say you're wrong and I say that they're both have different games but they're pretty much do the same they have the same impact for the Cowboys it's proven on the field you can't take away what Prescott's done in his touchdown interception ratio ranking sixth all time in the NFL he's about to break every record still leading the league and scoring and by the way never had a losing season when he's been healthy he's never had a losing season and they've been to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years that shows consistency and high level play that he's not getting credit for it and I took a while to warm up because like I said I was a Major League Romo fan and now you're just saying **** that ain't true that's your opinion and it's very off...

CowboysRule

Reaction score
A 1st place vote but an overwhelming majority 2nd place votes. Still ended up with more votes than Romo ever did.
Romo got two votes for MVP in 2014 and he beat Rodgers in most stats. 2>1.
In 2012 Romo did not have any pro bowlers on the offensive line much less an all pro in Martin. In 2012 Romo did not have an opportunistic defense that either lead the league or at the top of the league with getting TOs. In 2012 Romo had Jason Garrett as coach. Not a fan of McCarthy but he’s a coach and Garrett was a robot clapping machine.

If the defense of Dak’s 2-5 playoff record is “it’s a team and you can’t put it all on Dak” then the same “it’s a team sport” logic has to apply to Romo.

I mean just in the offensive line in 2022 Dak had 3 HOFers playing. Albeit one was past his prime, Peters, but Martin and Tyron were solid. Romo never had a CB lead the league in interceptions in back to back season like Diggs and Bland.

No, we have to be consistent. If Dak gets a pass on his playoff performances by the logic of it’s a team game then Romo gets the same. Dak has had better coaching, WRs, RBs, and defense.
Romo rarely had much of a defense in general. Remember when he led the offense to like 51 points and got blamed for the loss?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo got two votes for MVP in 2014 and he beat Rodgers in most stats. 2>1.

Romo rarely had much of a defense in general. Remember when he led the offense to like 51 points and got blamed for the loss?
Romo came in tied for 3rd place for MVP.

Dak came in 2nd.

Dak>Romo

nobody

Reaction score
Same thing from the same Dak worshippers! "ROMO! Waaaahh"

Neither got the job done. Dak fails in the playoffs on his own and having to bring up Romo as a defense is pathetic. Dak's great in the regular season and most people should acknowledge that. However, in the playoffs he's a choke artist and likely always will be.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Neither one was good enough. Let’s get a real
Championship QB in here. Aikman was the last.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Romo came in tied for 3rd place for MVP.

Dak came in 2nd.

Dak>Romo

Well hot damn, pop the champagne !!!!

giggle-muttley-wacky-races-jnc4kvwop2btr3t3.gif

zerofill

Reaction score
When you right.....you right. Good post.

Romo never had to work this hard for a deal. For some reason Jaylen Smith, Tyrone Crawford, Romo, Sean Lee walk into their deals. But for some odd reason Dak has to claw to get his money, Zeke has to hold out, Demarco didn't even get one, Schultz didn't get one(thankfully), Dez had lies brought out about him and made him beg, D-Law.....wonder how they go about paying guys and they don't.......very weird. Guess they have their favorites.
Dak never had to work that hard with a team that is trash. Dak has never had to take the abuse Romo did either. Right after Romo was gone all these baby the QB rules came out.