Twitter: Dak's stock keeps rising

Flamma

Reaction score
My problem with Dak last year, and continues this year.

He puts up a lot of numbers when we're catching up or it doesn't matter. When we need them, our O is a no show.

Last year the Saints, Bills, Patriots, Packers, on and on. When the game is almost out of hand, here comes Dak and the Cowboys against the Jets only to fail on the two point play at the end. Choke against Minnesota.

This year. Again, Dak and the Cowboys are pretty good at catching up, not so good when it's close and it counts. Caught up to Atlanta, won on a fluke. Caught up to Cleveland, lost at the end. Rallied to tie Seattle.

The problem is, Dallas and Dak are not so good when they actually need to score. Up 14-7 against the Browns and Dallas was a no show until the game got out of hand. Then here comes Dallas. Same against Atlanta. After putting on a good show against the Seahawks in getting back into the game, with 1:45 left and 3 timeouts down by 7, the offense looked inept. It's a pattern for anyone paying attention.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Well, if Lawrence or Fields are expected to be available when the Cowboys draft, guess what. His stock goes down, down, deeper down.

I’ve watched Lawrence and he isn’t blowing me away and there is zero guarantee that he’s Dak’s equal let alone better than him. So no Dak’s stock doesn’t go down down. Maybe in a few Zoner’s heads it would but to the rest of the world including the football experts it doesn’t. You trade that pick and rebuild the worst defense I’ve ever seen in a Cowboys uniform.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Okay...this is at least English but got no idea what you mean by "9to5ers".

I'm not part time around here. Although I do tend to skip stupid game day thread if we're on TV.
The first one was English just missing a word on this dang phone. I understand though you people come online to become the grammar/spelling police. It is all good though because I know where your type is offline and that's good enough for me.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

He puts up a lot of numbers when we're catching up or it doesn't matter. When we need them, our O is a no show.

Last year the Saints, Bills, Patriots, Packers, on and on. When the game is almost out of hand, here comes Dak and the Cowboys against the Jets only to fail on the two point play at the end. Choke against Minnesota.

This year. Again, Dak and the Cowboys are pretty good at catching up, not so good when it's close and it counts. Caught up to Atlanta, won on a fluke. Caught up to Cleveland, lost at the end. Rallied to tie Seattle.

The problem is, Dallas and Dak are not so good when they actually need to score. Up 14-7 against the Browns and Dallas was a no show until the game got out of hand. Then here comes Dallas. Same against Atlanta. After putting on a good show against the Seahawks in getting back into the game, with 1:45 left and 3 timeouts down by 7, the offense looked inept. It's a pattern for anyone paying attention.

Yep..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first one was English just missing a word on this dang phone. I understand though you people come online to become the grammar/spelling police. It is all good though because I know where your type is offline and that's good enough for me.

"my type"..."offline".

LOL.....weirdo.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I’ve watched Lawrence and he isn’t blowing me away and there is zero guarantee that he’s Dak’s equal let alone better than him. So no Dak’s stock doesn’t go down down. Maybe in a few Zoner’s heads it would but to the rest of the world including the football experts it doesn’t. You trade that pick and rebuild the worst defense I’ve ever seen in a Cowboys uniform.
Contrary to popular demand we need better offense. Y'all keep getting mesmerized by bogus numbers. The post right above yours from @Flamma that explains Dak and this offense best. You and the "football experts" are easily tricked.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Seriously.. I'm quoting this post again. It needs to be stickied.

Brax

Reaction score
I don't think the shoulder had a torn ligament but it was very much damaged in the Rams game. As a result Dak was not permitted to throw in practice all week. He clearly struggled throwing the ball in that game.. which was a combination of the injury and the elements. All hail Carson Wentz for being able to put up 17 on our crappy defense though.. And why is that it's only a "statement game" if we lose? Been that way since Romo.. People build a game up all week but then wait until the final gun sounds to determine if it was truly a "big game" or not.. If we lose it was big, if we win .. not so much. That whole deal is lame as hell.
Big game, playing for the division???? When the guy balls outs with one of his best games of the season the next week it is pure BS and just using another excuse for a terrible game stop being a homer, sorry no way there is a healing in a weeks time. All hail Dak , when it doesn't mean crap, and praise the lord for the Commanders to heal the hurt.......
YDS AVG TD INT NFL RATING
Dak Prescott 23/33 303 9.2 4 0 138

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Thanks for documenting your complete ignorance. That is the purpose of this thread!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I think what you posted is that your expectations are for this offense to have been perfect, and score everytime, and not have any miscues....to me that's unreasonable. they have also had leads, they lost lost year, and miscues (coaching contributed a bunch to this). the problem is the defense isn't able to hold anyone, or minimally hold anyone in the begining of the year. teams scored at will. we averaged 174 rushing yards defensively (yuck). that's not Dak;s fault. that allows the opposing team to stay on the field. convert first downs and keep the ball away from offense.

the offensive output, isn't/wasn't much different than other teams, you don't score everytime, except if you are the opposing offense playing cowboys defense.....our defense doesnt'/didnt' create turnovers. the offense had to carry every win. and minimally minimally minimally we had a chance at the end.....when there is 3, 4 minutes to go and you are within 3 points. you have a chance.....except the defense would give up another big play. or not get a turn over.....or make a stop..... it happened in seattle. it happened against cleveland.....

this defense has been smoke and mirrors for some years now. except this year, the mirror broke and the smoke evaporated.....this defense has sucked in several major categories for years, that allowed offensive teams to be conservative as opposed to aggressive, since they knew we couldnt' sack, get a turnover and had a 50% 3rd down conversion rate.....

blueblood70

Reaction score

theres some truth to this for sure..it seems some defensive replies to it but really not a lot to argue..its the truth..might not be all Dak some is other players around him and well ive been saying Moores a bigger issue, ie the playcalling..

not sure a rookie QB even Lawrence or fields are locl to make us better they could be busts, thats the issue do you take qb when you have one you know can at least handle the job 10th ranked qb in te nfl ? that tough question..

there are a lot of first round qb busts more so then any other position..high risk decsions to be made IF we make the top 2

te nfl makes it tough for sure with FA being before the draft ;like we signed coop then Lamb fell to us, had we had Lamb i doubt we would have paid coop..

ondaedg

Reaction score
Contrary to popular demand we need better offense. Y'all keep getting mesmerized by bogus numbers. The post right above yours from @Flamma that explains Dak and this offense best. You and the "football experts" are easily tricked.

Lol! Ok folks you heard it here from Philmonroe. Defense is one of the worst in history so we need a better offense and we need to replace the NFL’s leading passer. Got it!
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Lol! Ok folks you heard it here from Philmonroe. Defense is one of the worst in history so we need a better offense and we need to replace the NFL’s leading passer. Got it!
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Hey don't blame me you're just a follower scarred to say something that the herd isn't saying. I'm pretty sure it shows offline too.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

On a scale of 1-100, where is Dak and where is Lawrence? If Dak is better than Lawrence, the question is by how much. Say Dak is 85 and Lawrence is 82, is the 3 point difference in ability worth paying $25M more than Lawrence? Lawrence and three extra defensive players at $8M each is much better than Dak.

I am not sure Dak is better than Lawrence which you think.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Nope unlike you I can afford braces. Try again Stuie
Ok Phil
5-B9469-D0-F9-B8-41-C5-9-F9-A-1-F925-A5-EDA84.jpg