Twitter: Dak's stock keeps rising

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
For whatever reason, people seem to have the hardest time accepting that a player can improve over the course of his career. Dak was better this year than last year and was better last year than he was the year before.. wherein he was better than the previous year.. It apparently hurts their feelings to have been proven so wrong about the guy that they just have to keep repeating the same old lies about him so that other idiots who feel the same way can chime in and agree with them. That way they feel validated in their brain-dead take because they're not alone. It is what it is.. they're not going anywhere nor are they going to get any smarter over time so we just have to live with them. Dak is one of the best in the business.. when they predicted he would fall on his face. And that's eating them alive. I know a few of them stood up and cheered when he got hurt.. but none has the cajones to stand up and admit it. But their instant declaration that "Andy Dalton will be better" or that "the offense will really take off now" gives them away.
You have me crying over here. :hammer:

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
My problem with Dak last year, and continues this year.

He puts up a lot of numbers when we're catching up or it doesn't matter. When we need them, our O is a no show.

Last year the Saints, Bills, Patriots, Packers, on and on. When the game is almost out of hand, here comes Dak and the Cowboys against the Jets only to fail on the two point play at the end. Choke against Minnesota.

This year. Again, Dak and the Cowboys are pretty good at catching up, not so good when it's close and it counts. Caught up to Atlanta, won on a fluke. Caught up to Cleveland, lost at the end. Rallied to tie Seattle.

The problem is, Dallas and Dak are not so good when they actually need to score. Up 14-7 against the Browns and Dallas was a no show until the game got out of hand. Then here comes Dallas. Same against Atlanta. After putting on a good show against the Seahawks in getting back into the game, with 1:45 left and 3 timeouts down by 7, the offense looked inept. It's a pattern for anyone paying attention.

Dak doesnt turn the ball often. He does at times, but not often. So my question is this. How is he to blame for fumbles, drops that lead to picks, drive/score ending holds and false starts and missed field goals?

ondaedg

Reaction score
On a scale of 1-100, where is Dak and where is Lawrence? If Dak is better than Lawrence, the question is by how much. Say Dak is 85 and Lawrence is 82, is the 3 point difference in ability worth paying $25M more than Lawrence? Lawrence and three extra defensive players at $8M each is much better than Dak.

I am not sure Dak is better than Lawrence which you think.

Predicting college QB NFL success rates is a crap shoot. Perhaps you should sell your services to the Jets since you’ve got it all figured out.

:muttley:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Ok Phil
5-B9469-D0-F9-B8-41-C5-9-F9-A-1-F925-A5-EDA84.jpg
Looking like that no wonder you're miserable. I'm going to leave you alone to your Dak worship because wow. Have a nice day

Philmonroe

Reaction score
No problem, just lay off the crack. It’s not good for your teeth.
I got money buddy. I don't do drugs but if I did it would be the powder not that cheap stuff people of your ilk do de. You can have the last word I'm tired of,you.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Hey don't blame me you're just a follower scarred to say something that the herd isn't saying. I'm pretty sure it shows offline too.

Follower of who? Just because you want to be right doesn’t mean everyone else is wrong. I base my opinions on the facts that are in front of everyone’s eyes and that is we have a great QB and the worst defense in franchise history.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Big game, playing for the division???? When the guy balls outs with one of his best games of the season the next week it is pure BS and just using another excuse for a terrible game stop being a homer, sorry no way there is a healing in a weeks time. All hail Dak , when it doesn't mean crap, and praise the lord for the Commanders to heal the hurt.......
YDS AVG TD INT NFL RATING
Dak Prescott 23/33 303 9.2 4 0 138

I don't know how old you are but I had a ton of little nicks when I was in my mid 20's that healed up in a week or two. Since there was not structural damage Dak's shoulder was probably a bruise/contusion. Still hurt like hell a week later.. gone the week after. I could run you off a list a mile long of injuries that fell into that category for me at that age. Those same injuries took twice as long in my 30s and 40s and I shudder to think how long they would take now that I'm in my 60's. My task now is to try not to get hurt again.. I get that you hate Dak.. but your hate won't change reality.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Follower of who? Just because you want to be right doesn’t mean everyone else is wrong. I base my opinions on the facts that are in front of everyone’s eyes and that is we have a great QB and the worst defense in franchise history.
I'm a fan of the Cowboys so I'd love to be wrong on this one. I'm just not though. All you have to do is look at the games and or the scoring logs to see that this checks out. You don't base your opinions on facts in front of your eyes if you can't see when Dak and the team scores all these points and stats y'all love to tout. Definitely don't have a great QB because if we did he would've been singed and not Kirk Cousined.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Dak doesnt turn the ball often. He does at times, but not often. So my question is this. How is he to blame for fumbles, drops that lead to picks, drive/score ending holds and false starts and missed field goals?

Well, this year he had seven turnovers in 4.5 games. All those turnovers led to opponent touchdowns. Just sayin'.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
On a scale of 1-100, where is Dak and where is Lawrence? If Dak is better than Lawrence, the question is by how much. Say Dak is 85 and Lawrence is 82, is the 3 point difference in ability worth paying $25M more than Lawrence? Lawrence and three extra defensive players at $8M each is much better than Dak.

I am not sure Dak is better than Lawrence which you think.

Dak dragged a bunch of 2 and 3 star recruits to the top of the college football world and was really only stopped by Alabama.. Lawrence took over a team that had played for the national championship in the two seasons before he arrived on campus that was chock full or first round picks and kept the train on the tracks.. But he got kind of undressed by LSU similar to what happened to Dak by Alabama.. Except Dak wasn't playing with a bunch of future first round picks.. Instead he was playing with a bunch of future accountants, doctors, school teachers etc. I think Dak is orders a magnitude better than Lawrence..On your rating scale I would say it's more like Dak is a 90 and Lawrence is a 50 at best at this point. Not just because of the experience but in the leadership category.. and most importantly HE doesn't have to learn how to throw the ball in the NFL. He has seen NFL pass rushes.. and thrown it against NFL corners playing NFL coverages and looked good doing it. In those first 5 games with horrible blocking and without the benefit of a viable rushing attack he stood there in the face of the rush and threw for 380 yards a game. You're not getting the level of impact players you need on defense for 8 million a year.. Double that and you might have a chance. And even that is not guaranteed. I'm not giving up my QB that I have developed into one of the best in the biz for a maybe.

Even if Lawrence eventually develops into John Elway reincarnated.. history says it won't happen instantly. Maybe he becomes that guy in year two or three.. Maybe he never gets there. The NFL scrap heap is littered with QBs who looked all world when throwing to wide open all stars in college against other college competition but never really figured out how to replicate that success against NFL defenses. People can scream from the top of the mountain how "this guy is different.." But the list of rookie QBs to lead teams to the playoffs is not long at all. In a hundred years of NFL football.. there have been less than 20.. Of that only four actually won a playoff game.. Russ (who got his win against RGIII another rookie), Sanchez, Flacco, and Ruthlessraper. That's it.. 4 guys in the 100 year history of the league. The funniest part is that all four of them was along for the ride and were carried by defense and the running game. The only one with a passer rating above 100 in his playoff run was Russ. Sanchez was the only other guy above 90 and anybody who watched that team knows that he accomplished that by handing off a lot and throwing it to LT. He attempted a total of 68 passes in three games.. To his credit he didn't LOSE the games for them.. but he sure as hell didn't do much to win them either. Dak's 103.7 passer rating in the loss to Green Bay is the highest by any rookie starting his first playoff game in the Super Bowl era that I can find. Russ is next with a 92.9. People thinking Trevor Lawrence is going to stroll in and be better than those two guys need a reality check. Most of the other guys.. Marino, Ryan, Dalton, RGIII, Kosar, Luck were terrible in their first playoff starts. Even guys that won like Flacco and Ben stunk up the joint but got bailed out.

But despite all this.. people keep selling the "dump Dak draft Lawrence" snake oil. As if Lawrence will somehow magically help the defense stop the run?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak dragged a bunch of 2 and 3 star recruits to the top of the college football world and was really only stopped by Alabama.. Lawrence took over a team that had played for the national championship in the two seasons before he arrived on campus that was chock full or first round picks and kept the train on the tracks.. But he got kind of undressed by LSU similar to what happened to Dak by Alabama.. Except Dak wasn't playing with a bunch of future first round picks.. Instead he was playing with a bunch of future accountants, doctors, school teachers etc. I think Dak is orders a magnitude better than Lawrence..On your rating scale I would say it's more like Dak is a 90 and Lawrence is a 50 at best at this point. Not just because of the experience but in the leadership category.. and most importantly HE doesn't have to learn how to throw the ball in the NFL. He has seen NFL pass rushes.. and thrown it against NFL corners playing NFL coverages and looked good doing it. In those first 5 games with horrible blocking and without the benefit of a viable rushing attack he stood there in the face of the rush and threw for 380 yards a game. You're not getting the level of impact players you need on defense for 8 million a year.. Double that and you might have a chance. And even that is not guaranteed. I'm not giving up my QB that I have developed into one of the best in the biz for a maybe.

Even if Lawrence eventually develops into John Elway reincarnated.. history says it won't happen instantly. Maybe he becomes that guy in year two or three.. Maybe he never gets there. The NFL scrap heap is littered with QBs who looked all world when throwing to wide open all stars in college against other college competition but never really figured out how to replicate that success against NFL defenses. People can scream from the top of the mountain how "this guy is different.." But the list of rookie QBs to lead teams to the playoffs is not long at all. In a hundred years of NFL football.. there have been less than 20.. Of that only four actually won a playoff game.. Russ (who got his win against RGIII another rookie), Sanchez, Flacco, and Ruthlessraper. That's it.. 4 guys in the 100 year history of the league. The funniest part is that all four of them was along for the ride and were carried by defense and the running game. The only one with a passer rating above 100 in his playoff run was Russ. Sanchez was the only other guy above 90 and anybody who watched that team knows that he accomplished that by handing off a lot and throwing it to LT. He attempted a total of 68 passes in three games.. To his credit he didn't LOSE the games for them.. but he sure as hell didn't do much to win them either. Dak's 103.7 passer rating in the loss to Green Bay is the highest by any rookie starting his first playoff game in the Super Bowl era that I can find. Russ is next with a 92.9. People thinking Trevor Lawrence is going to stroll in and be better than those two guys need a reality check. Most of the other guys.. Marino, Ryan, Dalton, RGIII, Kosar, Luck were terrible in their first playoff starts. Even guys that won like Flacco and Ben stunk up the joint but got bailed out.

But despite all this.. people keep selling the "dump Dak draft Lawrence" snake oil. As if Lawrence will somehow magically help the defense stop the run?
Bro, preach.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@RonnieT24 Dak at 90 and Lawrence at 50? Get real. Lawrence is a better prospect than Burrow in my opinion. Burrow is doing pretty well so far in his rookie year with not much to work with. If they could, I think most would trade Dak for Burrow in a heartbeat today.

I am a Dak fan but the team comes first. Good player, good leader. We have seen his ceiling and it does not get us to the super bowl. This team can't win paying Dak $35M+. Sorry, not happening.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
@RonnieT24 Dak at 90 and Lawrence at 50? Get real. Lawrence is a better prospect than Burrow in my opinion. Burrow is doing pretty well so far in his rookie year with not much to work with. If they could, I think most would trade Dak for Burrow in a heartbeat today.

I am a Dak fan but the team comes first. Good player, good leader. We have seen his ceiling and it does not get us to the super bowl. This team can't win paying Dak $35M+. Sorry, not happening.

Please explain to me how you know this? Are you now such an astute QB evaluator that you can tell that a guy is never going to improve? I don't think for one second that Dak isn't going to be better next year than he was this year. Because he was better this year than he was last year and better last year than he was in 2018 .. QBs keep getting better well into their 30's. Especially QBs like Dak who came into the league extremely raw and unpolished.

Just because you think the Cowboys would trade Dak for Burrow doesn't make it gospel. I think the Bengals would make that trade in a heartbeat. They would be getting a top 5 QB instead of a guy they HOPE will get there "someday." As has been said many times.. "Hope is not a strategy." This team can win paying Dak 40 million a year if they construct the deal properly. I'm sorry you don't like the numbers but your not liking it won't change it one iota. This team can sign Dak to a long term deal and use a top 5 pick on the best DT in the draft and then get another defensive playmaker in the 2nd round. Two top 40 prospects in the draft equals instant improvement for next year's defense. Pair the Dak led #1 offense with a top 10 defense and we absolutely can win it all. But I know a lot of people just don't want to see that happen.. Cause then they will have to admit they were not just wrong but dead wrong.. So they cheerlead for failure. Of their own team. Which is just about the oddest thing I can think of.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Well, this year he had seven turnovers in 4.5 games. All those turnovers led to opponent touchdowns. Just sayin'.

He did...which is an anomaly. He has records as a rookie and consecutive passes without turning the ball over. So basically, and tell me If im wrong, Dak plays well and the stats dont tell the story hes really not that good. Dak makes mistake and the stats tell it all?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I guess if we accept it that his stock is rising, then it is getting him out of Dallas. Dallas is not going to pay more than they proposed this year. Especially now after injury. So he would be a footnote in the Cowboys history books. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.