Twitter: Dak's stock keeps rising

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Let's go a little slower:

CowboysFaninHouston said:
"Dak won the second game...well, he was until he got injured and Dalton proceeded to lose the lead he was handed to him.....needed a miracle catch by Acrobatic Gallup to save his arse....

come on dude....you are grasping at straws.."

First off....you are making an assumption Dak wouldn't lose a lead. How convenient.
2ndly....Andy had a rough start, sure...then played quite well. The catch....you give all the credit to Gallup...but it was actually a very good throw. He put it up high so that it practically plops down in Gallups hands if he looks up (not back). A tight rope laser beam may not have made it.

So when we talk Dak's passing methods...many people talk about "catchable"...regardless of the mechanics or precision of the throw. But HERE....well Gallup's the hero?

So you give Dak the benefit of the doubt by assuming he wins that game if not hurt...while not giving ANY credit to Dalton for what's right in front of your eyes. So imma go ahead and give this back to ya.:huh:
I wasn't making an assumption Dak would lose or not lose the lead. if you read your own response above, you see that you MADE the ASSUMPTION dak would lose the lead so that you could argue a point you have lost.

so since we are playing the assumption game as you started it, since facts couldn't support your agenda....if we are then playing the IF, THEN, ASSUMPTION game, lets say that Dak would have led the team to a TD if not injured when the ball was on the 18 and he had all the momentum...instead Dalton STALLED and we had to kick a field goal. in that case we would have NEVER lost the LEAD as Dalton proceeded to do.......

and regardless, in the NFL the win goes to the starting QB, that's how its been done in keeping the stats...so you are wrong again. statistically speaking....

and again, go watch the catch. Gallup had to actually slow down, bend backward, reach backward and make the catch. one of the best ACROBATIC catches I have ever seen.... it wasn't a good throw. it was HORRIBLE....if he led Gallup with the throw, it would have been a TD. we saw in the next game what Dalton is not capable of, stinking up the joint, two games in a row. putting up 3 points when it counted. wait, no he put up zero points against Commanders, since if not for the long return, we would not have scored at all.

Dak was the #1 passer in the league for the past 1.5+ years......catchable, not catchable.... Dak was the #1 passer.......that doesn't happen by accident.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wasn't making an assumption Dak would lose or not lose the lead. if you read your own response above, you see that you MADE the ASSUMPTION dak would lose the lead so that you could argue a point you have lost.

so since we are playing the assumption game as you started it, since facts couldn't support your agenda....if we are then playing the IF, THEN, ASSUMPTION game, lets say that Dak would have led the team to a TD if not injured when the ball was on the 18 and he had all the momentum...instead Dalton STALLED and we had to kick a field goal. in that case we would have NEVER lost the LEAD as Dalton proceeded to do.......

and regardless, in the NFL the win goes to the starting QB, that's how its been done in keeping the stats...so you are wrong again. statistically speaking....

and again, go watch the catch. Gallup had to actually slow down, bend backward, reach backward and make the catch. one of the best ACROBATIC catches I have ever seen.... it wasn't a good throw. it was HORRIBLE....if he led Gallup with the throw, it would have been a TD. we saw in the next game what Dalton is not capable of, stinking up the joint, two games in a row. putting up 3 points when it counted. wait, no he put up zero points against Commanders, since if not for the long return, we would not have scored at all.

Dak was the #1 passer in the league for the past 1.5+ years......catchable, not catchable.... Dak was the #1 passer.......that doesn't happen by accident.

I don't really care who won the game...nor how the NFL officially counts em. And Gallup is an awesome receiver on the sidelines.

I strayed off my point...sorry...which was you not giving Andy one inch of credit for anything. Ridiculous.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a blind and and atrocious argument. What did the team look like the year prior with that great line...with no QB. Dak was a bus driver starting out. I agree, but he has progressed into being a top 6 or 7 qb. The line has remain decent but its not like it was, Yet hes gotten better. The defense is really bad and has been for 3 years. Now go back and look at the drops, fumbles, Dak and Martin on the 2 best players on this team and its not even close. And to say he is not much of a leader...everyone...I mean EVERYONE would say thats his best quality, but instead of being critical, what is your basis for saying hes not a good leader?

Lee is a bit of a troll...so don't get too worked up.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'm hoping Dak winds up in NE with Belichick. Doesn't look like Cam is going to work out there, and Dak would be a perfect fit. Would finally have competent coaching at least, and I'm sure they're gonna fix that offense this off-season. Dak should do himself a favor and get the hell out while the gettin is good.
If he would do a sign & trade as a parting gift, it would probably be best for both sides long term.

kevm3

Reaction score
Dak's 1-3 record before he got hurt is clear evidence of this...

What QB in the league is averaging 40 points a game right now and which rookie would do that because that's what it would have taken to win most of those games

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't really care who won the game...nor how the NFL officially counts em. And Gallup is an awesome receiver on the sidelines.

I strayed off my point...sorry...which was you not giving Andy one inch of credit for anything. Ridiculous.
until I see more from Andy, he doesn't deserve credit. he led the team to really 6 points against Giants, when the team had the momentum. when it counted we scored 3 points against Cardinals. and we got 3 points because of a kick off return from Pollard, that led to nothing and a field goal. so far he really has led the team to 12 points in 2.5 games. he doesn't deserve any credit at this point, except putting a win in jeapordy with his craapy play against the giants.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Dak disappears every time the pressure is on. He can beat the weak teams, but he chokes versus teams that have the momentum.
It's not hyperbole, we've all seen it.

That is so not true. Did he choke against Seattle. Did he choke against Greenbay. He did have a bad game against the eagles last year, but I think that had alot to do with his shoulder.

Now if you add the games that he put plenty of points to win, the games where he drove down and took the lead just to have the defense squander the lead again...Was Dak playing Defense when the rams backup ran ALLLLL over them. what about the the drives stopped by fumbles and dropped passes, holds by the oline, and missed field goals by our kicker early last year. You simply arent looking at the situation holistically. The last 16 games this man has avg 32 pt per with the eagles, saints, and New England game included in that stretch. Every last one of those games had one of those things take place. Whats funny is Im not a Dak fanatic. Hes not Maholmes or Rogers, prime Brees, etc but he is no longer the bus driver he once was, and people still want to hold him there. If the Defense could stop anyone, there would be no question marks around Dak.

Toolow

Reaction score
What QB in the league is averaging 40 points a game right now and which rookie would do that because that's what it would have taken to win most of those games

Why would he do a sign and trade tho? Jerry took a gamble that Dak might not be It and he lost. Dak is a free agent and he shouldn’t do anything to help this franchise; he’s not under that obligation. The Cowboys will have a high draft pick that they can use to draft their QB of the future.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak's 1-3 record before he got hurt is clear evidence of this...
That's the reality of it all and he played his part in those losses as well with turnovers. So, no matter how much better he is than what we have, I still don't think he is enough, especially if you have to spend 40 mill on him

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I wish Dak was still the quarterback.
I wish he had to play behind this offensive line for the past three games.

How did Dak become so great all of a sudden? Seems like it was just last year he was choking and costing us the division title.
Yeah, that was Dak.
1-3 this year, 8-8 last year.
He really had the Cowboys on a roll.
:laugh::clap:

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak has more than contributed to the worst TO differential in football, leading to big leads by the opponents and garbage stats along the way.

I guess when Andy Dalton threw it behind Zeke in the red-zone leading to the ball getting hit up in the sure leading to an INT, the Dak-stans were somehow absolved by the fact, “You see! Dalton did it!”

Uh, you mean Dalton threw an inaccurate pass LIKE DAK DOES REGULARLY UNDER LITTLE PRESSURE that you were saying doesn’t matter, as long as it “hits the hands”? I thought those types of passes don’t matter? Do they suddenly mean something now that Dalton did the same thing, under little pressure? Is the only redeeming feature is that “my boy” Dalton can throw inerrant passes like Dak does regularly, the only difference is I don’t defend it by saying it hit Zeke’s hands? Suddenly Gallup is bailing Dalton’s throws on the sideline out according to Dak-stans and Dalton did nothing to lead the Giants back?

dckid

Reaction score
I'm hoping Dak winds up in NE with Belichick. Doesn't look like Cam is going to work out there, and Dak would be a perfect fit. Would finally have competent coaching at least, and I'm sure they're gonna fix that offense this off-season. Dak should do himself a favor and get the hell out while the gettin is good.
Agree 100%. If I was Dak, I am knocking down Shanahan's door. He is the perfect QB for that system along with being the perfect QB for McVay.
Imagine a QB coach talking in your ear before the snap vs Garett or boy wonder throwing you a crap play. Zeke up the middle on a zone read...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If he would do a sign & trade as a parting gift, it would probably be best for both sides long term.
How in the hell would trading a franchise QB and taking a risk on an unknown draft pick benefit the Cowboys? Are you even listening you your own logic? Jeez our fans are the absolute most uninformed.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
How in the hell would trading a franchise QB and taking a risk on an unknown draft pick benefit the Cowboys? Are you even listening you your own logic? Jeez our fans are the absolute most uninformed.
Youre one of the most informed sergeant dullard so your messing up,the averages smh