Video: Dak's uncle discusses family, frustration with media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Agree with everything 100%^..Leave his mom out of it. That is low.
Eh I agree but this is kinda bs tbh. The amount of fans esp percentage wise (I'd guess less than 1%) going that low is soooo small it isn't worth mentioning honestly. That's a sympathy play because we know the vast majority are just crapping on his play not mentioning his mom or anything of that nature.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How is Dak a crybaby? The only ones crying and acting like children are his haters.
If you’re calling out fans , the officials and your family is also spouting out then it’s not a good look.

But you go right ahead and stay in that corner. Obviously you haven’t had that Hollywood moment with your Dakster yet. Lol

Philmonroe

Reaction score
what people don't understand is that just because you become a millionaire overnight doesn't mean you automatically can ignore negative feedback. Theres people on here who hate when only ONE poster disagrees with them, so imagine thousands/millions of people doing the same.

*Super run-off sentence coming but stay with me

I assume many of us are employed, so imagine you're mostly humble, don't bother anybody, you work hard, harder than everyone else you know, and you become one of the top people at your job, you get a mega pay raise, and then suddenly whenever you make a mistake (at max 15-20 a year), you have to hear a bunch of people talk about how you suck even though 99% of them couldn't do any of the stuff you're capable of doing. Then when you say "whoa why are y'all doing this to me?" they say, "that comes with the job, deal with it. If you didn't want to deal with this, you shouldn't have worked as hard as you did to be in this position".
Nah bad logic. I can easily ignore negative feedback from people I have no connection to aka twitter esp if I was making Dak money. Hell I do it now so the money would just make it that much easier to do so. If its a valid critique I'll listen but of its junk just nod and keep it moving. It really is this simple.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What's wrong with his family defending him? That's what family is supposed to do.
I find the people complaining about his family defending him have bigger issues than the family member themselves.

It's as though they have nothing better to do but to complain about anything that is Dak related. Get a freaking life.
It’s Dak’s battle. Families rushing to the defense professional players never bodes well. Never will. Dak isn’t getting undue criticism that other players wouldn’t receive. It comes with the territory.

Remember Miko Grimes being a fool of a family member?

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The irony of this coming from a Mod. :D:laugh:
:laugh: Well. I am sure some people wish they had technological administrative control over relatives' Twitter, Facebook, Skype, Zoom, etc., accounts but I understand your meaning. :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The question is for Prescott, is this doing any good? If it isn't, he should ask them to stop and they will because they're trying to help him now.

Doesn't look good for him, family taking up his battle. It was not really their mouths that got him into trouble but his own with calling out fans and the refs comments.

That's one thing that really impressed me with Aikman from the get go, he never took the bait. They tried to get him to blast that OL that was getting him killed and he refused. He had a grasp of what it meant to not only be a QB but be that QB. He helped teach that to Romo and apparently still has some lessons with Prescott. I could only imagine Aikman's reaction after his comment about the refs.

Dak Prescott needs to be careful or he's going to be doing some real image damage control and he's already said enough, his family is not making this better.
Prescott is in the same position as anyone else. He can ask but the effort is meaningless if those being asked still wish to speak their mind.

This thread's OP is an interview with an uncle. I am certain the uncle did not believe he was doing anything wrong. Let's say Prescott contacts him, asking he not do anymore random interviews. The uncle might say yes. The uncle might say he will do as he pleases since he has his own mind and "isn't doing anything wrong." Asking is not a certainty for getting people to do anything.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prescott is in the same position as anyone else. He can ask but the effort is meaningless if those being asked still wish to speak their mind.

This thread's OP is an interview with an uncle. I am certain the uncle did not believe he was doing anything wrong. Let's say Prescott contacts him, asking he not do anymore random interviews. The uncle might say yes. The uncle might say he will do as he pleases since he has his own mind and "isn't doing anything wrong." Asking is not a certainty for getting people to do anything.
But they think they are helping him. If he tells them they are not, why would they continue? They obviously care a great deal about him.

The question is has he even addressed it or is he enjoying the defense they're trying to give him?

shabazz

Reaction score

….I’m just waiting for someone to say, “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree”……ok. I said it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But they think they are helping him. If he tells them they are not, why would they continue? They obviously care a great deal about him.

The question is has he even addressed it or is he enjoying the defense they're trying to give him?
Yep .

It’s obvious they are following Daks lead.

Someone has to tell them they’re throwing gas on the fire not water.

shabazz

Reaction score
Here's the worst part. If I was to tell you this is happening but ask you to guess the team, what would be your guess?

Staying a Cowboys fan takes work. I am so sick of this nonsense with this team and it is always something not really having to do with the actual game.

The Dallas Cowboys are a really bad reality TV show.

…..is this worse than the reality show with Bridget Nielsen and Flavor Flav, aka Foofy Foofy?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It probably does suck always having your name in the headlines, but it goes both ways. You're a hero and media darling if you're a Dallas Cowboys QB and you're playing well, not to mention everyone wants to sponsor you.

Well, hero is stretching. The dude is sporting a 1-3 career playoff record. Dak banked over 70M last year. So, hold off on the pity party.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper Rush won in his first start in four years the NFL with this roster and didn’t have a problem getting thr ball to Cooper 8 times and hit Wilson on a beautiful like 50 plus yard strike that split two safeties.

Andy Dalton was 4-5 as the starter in Dallas with a way worse OL than Dak who happened to notch only 1 win, unless you count the game Andy Dalton finished for him and won.

I honestly beleive that if Andy Dalton had been handed the reigns and given a full TC to work with the starting unit, our results might be better. I'd wager Andy could do better than put up 7 points in 3 quarters.

Zman5

Reaction score
It’s Dak’s battle. Families rushing to the defense professional players never bodes well. Never will. Dak isn’t getting undue criticism that other players wouldn’t receive. It comes with the territory.

Remember Milo Grimes being a fool of a family member?

As a fan you have every right to criticize the players for their poor performance. And their family members also have every right to voice their opinions involving their family. It's very hypocritical for the fans to
rip on the players family for doing so.

Some fans are delusional. They think they "own" the players as though they own the team. They think the players and their family should "behave" and shouldn't respond to criticism. Get real.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Nah bad logic. I can easily ignore negative feedback from people I have no connection to aka twitter esp if I was making Dak money. Hell I do it now so the money would just make it that much easier to do so. If its a valid critique I'll listen but of its junk just nod and keep it moving. It really is this simple.

sure dude, everyone on here believes they have the iron will to deal with millions criticizing them if they were in Daks shoes, but usually can't handle one poster disagreeing with them. We'll agree to disagree but as i've said multiple times, being a millionaire doesn't mean people can't get under your skin. Don't understand why thats so hard for people to acknowledge

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree that their comments are not helpful to Prescott's public image. Their commentary could even be detrimental to his short-term or long-term commercial success.

However, this is a matter of choice. His relatives are choosing to speak publicly despite what others are telling them. They feel that their family bond with Prescott, which may be a very loving relationship in all cases, grants them license to defend him regardless.

There is only one way he can prove to the general public that he does not want relatives talking on his behalf. It would be necessary for him to directly say at relatives in a tweet, press release or in an interview to stop. Otherwise, his only course of action is to do so privately. He may have already done so. Who knows?

Prescott could say shut up and relatives could listen and obey. He could say stop and relatives could listen and they might not still abide his wishes. The finger should point more at his relatives than Prescott in my opinion in this instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.