Video: Dak's uncle discusses family, frustration with media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
As a fan you have every right to criticize the players for their poor performance. And their family members also have every right to voice their opinions involving their family. It's very hypocritical for the fans to
rip on the players family for doing so.

Some fans are delusional. They think they "own" the players as though they own the team. They think the players and their family should "behave" and shouldn't respond to criticism. Get real.
Oh, the drama. It makes matters worse, not better. If that’s their goal, they certainly have that right.

Zman5

Reaction score
Oh, the drama. It makes matters worse, not better. If that’s their goal, they certainly have that right.

People who make fuss about the "drama" are as bad if not worse as the person who created the "drama".
If fact, their fuss is what drives it and keeps it going.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
It probably does suck always having your name in the headlines, but it goes both ways. You're a hero and media darling if you're a Dallas Cowboys QB and you're playing well, not to mention everyone wants to sponsor you.
Well, HERO and the TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLOTH formally known as Dak Prescot shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence...........

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares ? Focus on football. Lots of u guys so
Much love the drama. Wearing a skirt?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
you guys keep saying coworkers...the media and all these people bashing him are not Daks coworkers. they are outside noise. If Jerry, MM, coaches or any current/former nfl player says Dak sucks, then thats one thing, but it's usually not. You got all these talking heads saying these crazy things about the guy, as if him being a millionaire erases his human emotions and he's supposed to ignore it. thats unrealistic. I've had jealous people at my job too, and its easy to ignore when it's a few. but imaging dealing with a loss of a brother, recovering from a major injury, then making a mistake and literally having to avoid television, the radio, the internet and social media for weeks because it's all about how you screwed up. It's going to bother you after a while.
I'm speaking from someone that works in the mental health field and knows how these things impact people. We all know there's people who've committed suicide because they can't handle cyber bullying but everyone just expects those human feelings to disappear cuz they're millionaires.

You said "people" in reference to people who talk about you based on your job or job performance. Those "people" can be either co-workers or non-co-workers. But if you're talking about people with ordinary jobs - many if not most of which aren't under public scrutiny - where else is the criticism going to come other than co-workers? :huh:

By the way, the majority of my career has been as a newspaper reporter. My work was public, so people could criticize it if they didn't like it. Some did. But I recognize this, which is why I tried to do the best I could. Do I like criticism or getting cussed out because people don't want to talk to me? No. But it's part of the job. And if you can't handle that, you have to get another job.

As for cyber bullying, let's make a distinction. Criticizing a person's job performance, especially if he is in a public position like, say, a football player is NOT cyber bullying. Saying ugly things about Dak's deceased mom IS.

While I abhor cyber bullying, I also don't want to create a climate where people can't legitimately critique or engage in constructive criticism without it being labeled cyber bullying. That is simply unrealistic, ESPECIALLY when you also seek fans to support you in your business.

Dak's and any other players' performance on the job is fair game for criticism because they are appealing to fans to support them and watch their games, which contribute to their enormous salaries and sponsorships.

What's ironic here is that Dak can encourage the fans throwing objects at the refs, who were only doing their jobs. But he can't handle fans criticizing him because he was only doing his job - and poorly at that based on the last game he played.

Moreover, there is a reality we must face as people, i.e., as much as we want to rid the world vice, corruption, evil and bullying ... WE WILL NOT. So we must prepare ourselves to live in a world where despite our admonition, people are going to be bullies.

Our culture, with all its good intentions, is leaning to a side where we don't want ANYONE to say ANYTHING bad about our performance, and that is UNREALISTIC because it doesn't teach other qualities like long-suffering, patience and endurance, qualities people need to learn to live in this world.

Dak (and his family) must realize this (assuming this is their issue) because not only does he have to live with disappointments in life and people critiquing his job performances, but Dak gets to walk away at any time and sit back and relax for the rest of his days, while many of the poor shmoes who watch him are stuck in dead-end jobs or broken families and can't escape or get the reprieve Dak can.

So, to me, it's not an either/or, i.e., cutting out all criticism vs. totally supporting Dak by not criticizing him at all. There is room for the middle and for balance.

And, in his case, he plays a sport that invites fandom - which includes praise and scorn - a sport that compensates him richly and a sport that upon his conclusion in it will allow him to either continue to engage the public or withdraw to a desert island and never have to hear another word of criticism again.

Most of us aren't that fortunate and don't have those options.

Last edited:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
sure dude, everyone on here believes they have the iron will to deal with millions criticizing them if they were in Daks shoes, but usually can't handle one poster disagreeing with them. We'll agree to disagree but as i've said multiple times, being a millionaire doesn't mean people can't get under your skin. Don't understand why thats so hard for people to acknowledge
Look dude just say you want everyone to agree with you and be done with it. Don't post this reply because I said I can do what you seem to think you can't. What kinda bs strawman is people can't get under your skin? Nobody said or implied such smh.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
People who make fuss about the "drama" are as bad if not worse as the person who created the "drama".
If fact, their fuss is what drives it and keeps it going.
Dude, you have flat out made up stories that haven’t even happened to other players yet try and make the situation worse. :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As a fan you have every right to criticize the players for their poor performance. And their family members also have every right to voice their opinions involving their family. It's very hypocritical for the fans to
rip on the players family for doing so.

Some fans are delusional. They think they "own" the players as though they own the team. They think the players and their family should "behave" and shouldn't respond to criticism. Get real.
Which is more likely to be delusional, fans or family?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who cares ? Focus on football. Lots of u guys so
Much love the drama. Wearing a skirt?
Most of us would neither know, nor care about this if not for this thread being posted. Since it's here, it gives people something to opine and argue about.

Zman5

Reaction score
Dude, you have flat out made up stories that haven’t even happened to other players yet try and make the situation worse. :laugh:

What story did I make up? There are plenty of posts on this board ripping Dak's family members for responding to Dak's criticism. Look at this thread alone.

Zman5

Reaction score
I'm guessing that's a no to my question? Like I said people just post bs for bs sake

This is a forum discussing facts and opinions where members speculate what might happen. You haven't seen threads here where we SPECULATE who will win the game? How about who the HC might be in 2022?

You want me to show you a proof on something that I speculated based on what has happened previously. I'm guessing you have no idea what speculation means

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What story did I make up? There are plenty of posts on this board ripping Dak's family members for responding to Dak's criticism. Look at this thread alone.
You claimed Dak would be ripped if his family did not come to his defense. He has been criticized ruthlessly since his first preseason game and never once have I seen even his biggest haters criticize Dak for his family not defending him against criticism. It doesn’t happen.

You’re welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.