Dallas Cowboys’ Kelvin Joseph is a person of interest in Dallas murder investigation

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'm not trying to find a way to punish him. Again you're assuming the wrong intent. But that's okay. I guess you're incapable of reading comprehension. I've stated multiple times it's about the culture that should be encouraged by the team and player reliability. If the leak suspends him for 8 games or a year or whatever, suddenly he's a waste of a roster spot for however long. But go ahead and keep misunderstanding or willfully ignoring my intent.
Suspended players don't take up a roster spot.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
has fish done a video on all this yet?
cowboys havent said anything else yet.
all is quiet on the KJ front.
poll is 53 % for cutting him, so many voted to keep, although many of those were just undecided.
115 pages!
Fish did small videos on it. He wants to be careful but I think he said he will do a bigger video when he gets more information.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Bit of a stretch to say they missed Mahones when he went pick 10 and Cowboys had pick 28 in that draft. This after a rookie Dak Prescott lead them to a 13-3 season.

We would have had to give up pick 28, a future 1st and our 2nd to beat Kansas City’s offer.
thats all true, but I would like to see their board for that draft and see if they even had mahomes on it, and what his rating was.
Thing is if any team evaluated him properly, they would tank that season to be sure and get him.

nobody

Reaction score
In this particular case you were coming up with ways for KJ to lose his guaranteed money through conduct detrimental. You apparently lost track of the argument.

I wasn't coming up with ways. Those are established facts and established rules in the NFL. If they want to, they can do it. He signed the contract.

nobody

Reaction score
Suspended players don't take up a roster spot.

Yes, but they will hold that spot for him. They'll temporarily promote someone and then send them back to the practice squad rather than possibly find a replacement and get that replacement the training they need. The position is not an easy one to fill.

And maybe his replacement will be mindful of his behavior and thus be more reliable to the team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wasn't coming up with ways. Those are established facts and established rules in the NFL. If they want to, they can do it. He signed the contract.
They seldom renege on bonus money because players are suspended. They have the right to but it's not an everyday practice.

They would probably prefer the league to handle this but what about conduct detrimental to the team? Is there anyone on that team proud to have Joseph on it? First, he doesn't do the right thing and then he's rat. There are some people that have more of a problem with the latter.

Then there is the lack of criminal charges just like with Watson. There's huge difference between what the two of them did but still if the law is not going to do anything but cut him a deal for ratting his friends out, what is the NFL going to do? And how would the NFLPA respond to action taken by the league office?

You've got almost half the voters in that thread that want him kept on the team. There's your societal view and the reason it is disintegrating.

Reaction score
He allegedly was in the car so he is an accessory to MURDER.

I don’t disagree that he is culpable for something. But whether it’s failure to report the murder vs. accessory to murder vs. conspiracy to commit murder remains to be seen. It really depends on what he told the police and whether it’s corroborated by others at the scene.

nobody

Reaction score
Wrong, both morally and legally.

But you may have a point about him being detrimental to the team.

That's been my argument this whole time. The legal stuff will take care of itself and he'll eventually answer to a higher power when he dies. But he's definitely a detriment to the team and they should cut him as a result. The team's culture needs to change in so many ways for it to be more successful.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's been my argument this whole time. The legal stuff will take care of itself and he'll eventually answer to a higher power when he dies. But he's definitely a detriment to the team and they should cut him as a result. The team's culture needs to change in so many ways for it to be more successful.
The team culture is exactly what the owner wants.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don’t disagree that he is culpable for something. But whether it’s failure to report the murder vs. accessory to murder vs. conspiracy to commit murder remains to be seen. It really depends on what he told the police and whether it’s corroborated by others at the scene.

Its the intent....if he knew the intent and did nothing he can be charged with accessory...not saying they charge it but sounds like there is no way he didnt know the intent.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Pretty much any of these would be grounds to cut him, IMO. He's a moron for being in this situation. We don't need morons on this team.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They seldom renege on bonus money because players are suspended. They have the right to but it's not an everyday practice.

They would probably prefer the league to handle this but what about conduct detrimental to the team? Is there anyone on that team proud to have Joseph on it? First, he doesn't do the right thing and then he's rat. There are some people that have more of a problem with the latter.

Then there is the lack of criminal charges just like with Watson. There's huge difference between what the two of them did but still if the law is not going to do anything but cut him a deal for ratting his friends out, what is the NFL going to do? And how would the NFLPA respond to action taken by the league office?

You've got almost half the voters in that thread that want him kept on the team. There's your societal view and the reason it is disintegrating.
Great points. I actually think there is a chance Watson gets the basic 6 game suspension because of just the sheer number of women complaining. You can argue to that if he loses the law suits he could get a year long suspension. The NFL needs to stay out of cases and that are not criminally charged.