Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Las Vegas Raiders | Postgame Thread

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I never said he would. I know that he isn't.
Dak can't run like Lance? Maybe Dak isn't as fast as Lance, but Dak can still move in the pocket, buy his receivers time to get open, amongst the best at scrambling and making completions downfield, running for 1st downs/TDs and helping move the offense down the field and becoming the highest scoring offense in back-to-back years at the age of 29 - 30 only 2.5 years removed from what should have been a career ending compound fracture of his lower leg and ankle in 2020. Dak can still get it done thanks to his feet.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Dak can't run like Lance? Maybe Dak isn't as fast as Lance, but Dak can still move in the pocket, buy his receivers time to get open, amongst the best at scrambling and making completions downfield, running for 1st downs/TDs and helping move the offense down the field and becoming the highest scoring offense in back-to-back years at the age of 29 - 30 only 2.5 years removed from what should have been a career ending compound fracture of his lower leg and ankle in 2020. Dak can still get it done thanks to his feet.
Sorry , don’t buy it.. the guy is slow and now is scared to run. One read QB, and then panic sets in.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Dak runs plenty of good. Was amongst the best in the league last year at scrambling, moving in the pocket, giving his receivers time to get open, running for a 1st down or TD, etc.

Lance is a better runner than Dak, hands down.
Will be interesting to see how much Trey improves
with more game time experience. He just needs more reps.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Guyton and Beebe opened up some big holes for the running game early.
They tend to have a philosophy of playing their #2's VS #1s, and their #3s VS #2s. Preseason optics are usually going to be bad. However its the best way to evaluate. Given that, its a pretty bad look for Oakland

NotForLong

Reaction score
GVPV-wIa0AAGQli
Looks good

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
It sounds like you're pulling for him, bro.

We believe you.
Lance played very well, great improvement from last week, but he’s not ready yet. I believe everyone here is pulling for him to succeed, but why do your comments have such vitriol? It’s the second preseason game and we’re all hoping for improvement from everyone. I have never blocked anyone on this board because everyone has a right to their own opinion, and some of your post I agree with, but you make it difficult for me. Maybe it’s your avatar, I don’t know, but I am considering removing you from my feed.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
The only argument I see right now for Trey over Rush, is that his skillset can at least be utilized in a different way that could throw a defense off from what Dallas are accustomed to throwing at them. But that would be mitigated by his slow reads, being late and being his with his passes.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak the Lego Man run?
The only thing Dak can do with his legs is have tattoos on them..............

visionary

Reaction score
They should bump him now and ANNOUNCE it as a permanent move tbh. Here's why.

1) we know Rush's ceiling. He's ok but he is not dynamic enough to beat a high caliber team in the post-season

2) Lance is no worse than Rush right now. He really isn't. Noone is beating the door down to acquire Cooper Rush for a reason.

3) Puts pressure on Dak to sign a deal that saves cap space or be prepared for a move. He can look no further than his own career and 2016.

A raw, hungry, athletic QB can go pretty far with great talent around him.
1. Rush or Lance are not putting any pressure on Dak in any shape or form

2. Dak will not sign a team friendly deal. He wants max money and knows the Joneses are stupid enough to give it to him