Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott leads NFL in a statistical look at measuring level of clutch'

Status
Not open for further replies.

GINeric

Reaction score
Can't be clutch if you fail to show up when it matters most. FYI that would be in the post season.

Ok that's fair. So according to what you're saying, it's definitely fair to say that Nick Foles and Trent Dilpher were more clutch than Dan Marino and Jim Kelly because Dilpher and Foles led their teams to Superbowl victories where Marino and Kelly weren't able to.... correct?

Brooksey

Reaction score
NICK BOSA said in 2021 that our tackles were beatable. He held his word. He made Tyron Smith look bad twice. Tyron who statistically in the regular season has one of the highest win rates.
I would say Tyron won that battle as did most, Bosa had zero sacks, two pressures, Tyron had him on lockdown all day. Dak choked in that game, just like he did against GB, with the "deer in headlights" interceptions.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Well give us a list of other players who's "stats make them look good".
Umm…why? I said this is an example of where stats can be manipulated. I’m not going to go searching for some proof of a claim you made up.

Look at the weird range of the measure. It goes from .8 to -1.1. Maholmes is .5 points below Dak on this list and he’s 8th?

No one cares about this alleged “clutch” measure when Dak throws two picks in a playoff game and he’s a significant factor that leads to the team being down 27-0 and ultimately lose.

Last edited:

GINeric

Reaction score
Umm…why? I said this is an example of where stats can be manipulated. I’m not going to go searching for some proof of a claim you made up.

Look at the weird range of the measure. It goes from .8 to -1.1. Maholmes is .5 points below Dak on this list and he’s 8th?

No one cares about this alleged “clutch” measure when Dak throws two picks in a playoff game and he’s a significant factor that leads to the team being down 27-0 and ultimately lose.

I was just giving an example of how whatever Dak does seems to "not count or don't matter". I've never heard anyone say that about any other quarterbacks in history. Seems Dak is the first quarterback who's production doesn't matter for some reason.

He's definitely not an elite quarterback, but how does a quarterback who's stats dont matter, continue to remain in the top 10 and become an MVP candidate in an offense that's one dimensional due to a weak running game?

I'm still trying to figure that one out.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I was just giving an example of how whatever Dak does seems to "not count or don't matter". I've never heard anyone say that about any other quarterbacks in history. Seems Dak is the first quarterback who's production doesn't matter for some reason.

He's definitely not an elite quarterback, but how does a quarterback who's stats dont matter, continue to remain in the top 10 and become an MVP candidate in an offense that's one dimensional due to a weak running game?

They know. They just love acting coocoo. I guess they love CoCo Puffs? lol

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Well give us a list of other players who's "stats make them look good". I've only heard this statement used for Dak. Is Dak the only player who's stats make him look good or are there others??

I'm curious because if a quarterback can be top 10 most of his career and become an MVP candidate without a functioning running game.... why haven't other quarterbacks "with stats that don't matter" gone out and done the same thing?

As a matter of fact, what other quarterbacks in NFL history were top 10 for most of their career, became an MVP candidate without a running game in a pretty one dimensional offense "with stats that don't matter?

Name them..... or is Dak the first one in NFL history??
Once again, the regular season wins are on him because... the stats say so? So then the post season losses are also on him. You have to stay within your logic.

This team (and this includes Dak) sucks against basically everyone in the play offs even though it had three good regular season runs. I guess nobody, including the coaches or they would have worked on this, understands why this is happening. So we fans can only guess and create some theories. One of them is Dak is a choker in the play offs.

It's so very simple. Take us to an NFCCG and they'll all get their absolution. Since they couldn't do it in their prime I want a rebuild. Dak is just one of them. They had their chance, couldn't deliver, next please. Anyone under 25 with some potential can stay. Everyone else can **** off.

It's really not that hard. The problem of this team is, ever since the stormy post triplets phase they stick to their guys way to long. "we like our guys" has become a joke. The last two starting QBs have just been the prime examples of this. Good for putting up a show ("stay relevant") but folding like a lawn chair when it truly matters.

Qcard

Reaction score
Once again, the regular season wins are on him because... the stats say so? So then the post season losses are also on him. You have to stay within your logic.

This team (and this includes Dak) sucks against basically everyone in the play offs even though it had three good regular season runs. I guess nobody, including the coaches or they would have worked on this, understands why this is happening. So we fans can only guess and create some theories. One of them is Dak is a choker in the play offs.

It's so very simple. Take us to an NFCCG and they'll all get their absolution. Since they couldn't do it in their prime I want a rebuild. Dak is just one of them. They had their chance, couldn't deliver, next please. Anyone under 25 with some potential can stay. Everyone else can **** off.

It's really not that hard. The problem of this team is, ever since the stormy post triplets phase they stick to their guys way to long. "we like our guys" has become a joke. The last two starting QBs have just been the prime examples of this. Good for putting up a show ("stay relevant") but folding like a lawn chair when it truly matters.
Great job explaining and detailing what 3 5-11 seasons would look like AGAIN ...
Your take has been the Washington Commanders Team building philosophy since Kirk Cousins didn't get them to the NFC Championship Game.. Sam Howell says hello, He loved your style till Chase Daniels did :lmao2: :lmao2:

CCBoy

Reaction score

Really think that in today's drafting competition there are enough fuure hall of famers to stock up on in a couple drafts to maneuver that movement with?

GINeric

Reaction score

The most honest and important thing you said was this TEAM sucks in the playoffs.... yes that includes Dak but it's not all his fault for the losses, just like it's not all his credit for the wins.

Too many people blame him for ALL the losses. I'm not mad at them, they just need to learn how the game of football works. This isn't boxing, tennis and golf. It's a team game.

CCBoy

Reaction score

I got it...wiffle tennis?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's really not that hard. There's a real answer in there, but when you find it, you will be called a hater by those that ignore it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People are just frustrated with Dak's postseason performances but if you look closely....everyone on the team plays bad against the top teams.

NICK BOSA said in 2021 that our tackles were beatable. He held his word. He made Tyron Smith look bad twice. Tyron who statistically in the regular season has one of the highest win rates.

Parsons has 1 sack in the postseason and it was against Tampa.

Diggs did his best to not win us the 2022 playoff game.

And Bland vs Green Bay proved he's just an overrated stat stuffer.

With pretty much every one of our acclaimed players looking like crap in the postseason, the QB generally follows suit. Elway looked like crap during with his mid career Broncos teams against the cream of the NFC crop because well......his teammates weren't good enough against the more dominant conference. Same scenario.
And there it is...pretty close anyway.

Totally right it's not just Dak. Dak rightly gets the brunt of it, as so-called leader, big-money man, and almost-MVP.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well....most QBs play bad when the teams best players don't play well. Imagine Reggie White playing badly and how Brett might've looked in consequence. Or Jerry Rice plays badly, Steve Young certainly won't look good.

It's much more historically common for a QB to follow suit with the rest of the team than the other way around.

Or you build a team like the Patriots and Chiefs that aren't based on any standout player besides the QB - and coaching can make a well oiled machine, but we're nothing like the Patriot or Chiefs .
I would think an almost-MVP player would be a little better at bringing his team out of it. A little more often?

Status
Not open for further replies.