Dallas Cowboys' Romo poised to be passed over for Pro Bowl

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
Doesn't Romo have the second highest passer rating in the NFL???

Edit:

He has the 2nd highest passer rating in the NFL
He has been sacked the second fewest times in the NFL (Kerry Collins has only been sacked 1 time fewer than him)
He is 4th in TDs (...oh and he missed three games)
He is also 10th in passing yards, despite missing those three games.

Hasn't he already tied the franchise record for most 300+ yd games in team history?

Can someone show me a probowl QB please....

thekavorka

Reaction score
ajk23az;2451892 said:
You might not but the players do. They get BIG bonuses for making the Pro Bowl and they also get another big bonus for winning it if they do.

Not to mention a trip to Hawaii and all the activities and media attention during the pro bowl.

Everyone should start voting for Romo. Do NOT vote for Brees, Warner, Manning, or Campbell

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

so then wouldn't it make sense NOT to vote for our own players? so they don't ask for bigger contracts and can play like they have something to prove?

This won't affect Romo's contract, but couldn't it affect other players contracts?

btcutter

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2451940 said:
I'd rather see Superbowl beside Romo's name anyway...

Superbowl will make him more $$$$ and respect than probowls.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Ya know fans are only 1/3 of the vote.

NFL media and coaches will not forget our boy. they fear the hell out of him

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Adam pointed out the other day Romo wasn't even added to the ballot until late November his first year starting, and he still made the Pro Bowl.

There's plenty of time, and the fan vote isn't all that counts.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
there is no way he misses the probowl. that article seems to forget that romo hasn't even played in as many games as those other qb's and still has better stats.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Eskimo;2451872 said:
Why should Manning go to the Pro Bowl just because he plays with a great defense, a great OL and a great running attack. He is not in Aikman's league as a QB and anyone with reasonable knowledge of the game can see that.

Romo will make the Pro Bowl barring injury and one of the other 3 will not.

who is this great RB, that the giants have

zeroburrito

Reaction score
BHendri5;2452267 said:
who is this great RB, that the giants have

earth, wind and fire. all top rb's apparently. i think its just the dominant oline. those 3 don't even get touched until they are 5 yards down the field.

WG5516

Reaction score
Muhast;2452219 said:
Ya know fans are only 1/3 of the vote.

NFL media and coaches will not forget our boy. they fear the hell out of him

Of course not. He will make the PB.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2452264 said:
there is no way he misses the probowl. that article seems to forget that romo hasn't even played in as many games as those other qb's and still has better stats.

I dunno. It's no given he gets the nod.

Goose is right that if Brees and Warner top the 5,000-yard mark, it's going to be hard to keep them out of the Pro Bowl -- even if Romo's stats are better in every other category. The whole 5,000-yard thing is getting a lot of pub, and it's a catchy stat that I would imagine catches people's eye while voting.

And Eli Manning is quarterbacking the best team in football, and doing so after earning Super Bowl MVP honors last season. He's a name player now who will generate a lot of gimme votes.

I think Romo's best hope is one of two things: Eli has a couple of "old Eli" games and his stats/the Giants' record flounder, or Brees' Saints quickly fall out of the playoff race and he isn't on pace to shatter the single-season yardage record with two or three weeks left to play. I'm not sure the quarterback of a sub-.500 team deserves to go to the Pro Bowl, and the Saints have the possibility of being sub-.500.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We had 13 probowlers and won JACK last year.

I would rather have 4 or 5 and win a playoff game myself.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Has anyone ever won the MVP, and not make the ProBowl?

Could be a first.

cowboyz

Reaction score
i bet he'd prefer to go golfing at the pro am with tom brady :laugh2:

give him what he wants, not a trip to the pro bowl

Thomas82

Reaction score
Hostile;2451924 said:
Romo missed 3 games.

He has more passing yardage, more TDs, a higher completion %, more yards per attempt, more completions in fewer attempts, and a higher QB rating than Eli.

That's what makes his season that much more impressive.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The call for more people to vote multiple times a day to stuff the ballot box is precisely why the fan voting doesn't really affect the outcome of pro bowl balloting much, if at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it was all just a big publicity ploy.

The NFL players and coaches determine the ProBowl, not fans who vote multiple times every day for the guy they like.

Section446

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl is so meaningless, I'd prefer he not play in it anyway, one less game he can get hurt in.

Eskimo

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2452715 said:
Let someone else have the probowl. He can focus on something that really matters.

I wouldn't mind Romo getting the spot because it recognizes his achievement. I wouldn't mind him opting out of the game.

IMO, they should just get rid of the Pro Bowl. This game is just too violent to risk getting players injured in a meaningless game. Baseball, basketball and hockey all have a much lower risk of injury per game then football so it makes sense for them to continue to have their all-star game.

Givincer

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2452325 said:
We had 13 probowlers and won JACK last year.

I would rather have 4 or 5 and win a playoff game myself.

As if having more pro bowlers means you will lose your first playoff game. :rolleyes:

It'll be worse than the year Vick got in over Bledsoe, if Manning gets in over Romo. Romo's having a better year than last year, in the games he's played...