Dallas Cowboys' Romo poised to be passed over for Pro Bowl

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
ajk23az;2451892 said:
You might not but the players do. They get BIG bonuses for making the Pro Bowl and they also get another big bonus for winning it if they do.

Not to mention a trip to Hawaii and all the activities and media attention during the pro bowl.

Everyone should start voting for Romo. Do NOT vote for Brees, Warner, Manning, or Campbell

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

Do you honestly think Brees and Warner dont belong in the Pro Bowl?

Also, I dont think Aikman enjoyed it. Alot of players dont. That's why so many are "injured" when it comes time to go.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Thomas82;2452407 said:
That's what makes his season that much more impressive.
Projecting what he has done in 9 games to 12 games, he could be at these numbers.

28 TDs
11 INTs
3412 yards

That wouldn't be Pro Bowl #'s for 12 games? Since when?

alby

Reaction score
He is leading the NFL in QB Rating, and he's the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys--he'll be in the pro bowl.

JPostSam

Reaction score
Hostile;2451924 said:
Romo missed 3 games.

He has more passing yardage, more TDs, a higher completion %, more yards per attempt, more completions in fewer attempts, and a higher QB rating than Eli.

right. but BESIDES THAT, what makes romo any better than manning?

:rake:

JPostSam

Reaction score
if romo has big games against pittsburgh -- and then against the giants -- he should surpass manning.

of course, the dallas defense could help with a big day against manning. that would be nice!

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2455253 said:
I doubt Tony cares.

You don't think he would like the huge bonuses he would get for making the pro bowl and another big bonus if they win it?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
ajk23az;2455261 said:
You don't think he would like the huge bonuses he would get for making the pro bowl and another big bonus if they win it?

He makes millions, has a clothing line, and a ton in endorsements.
Very few players kill themselves to win the pro bowl, in fact it's probably the most boring game any one can watch.

Besides Tony can go to Hawaii any time he wants.

So again, he probably doesn't care.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2455290 said:
He makes millions, has a clothing line, and a ton in endorsements.
Very few players kill themselves to win the pro bowl, in fact it's probably the most boring game any one can watch.

Besides Tony can go to Hawaii any time he wants.

So again, he probably doesn't care.

So your basing HIS opinion on "he already has money"?

Soooooo your saying once people have "enough money", they don't want anymore? :rolleyes:

You don't think once Romo retires he would like to say 3 time pro bowler instead of 2?

That is what you are insinuating.

I also never said anything about watching the Pro Bowl so IDK where that came from.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
ajk23az;2455306 said:
So your basing HIS opinion on "he already has money"?

Soooooo your saying once people have "enough money", they don't want anymore? :rolleyes:

You don't think once Romo retires he would like to say 3 time pro bowler instead of 2?

That is what you are insinuating.

I also never said anything about watching the Pro Bowl so IDK where that came from.

:lmao: :lmao2: I'm not basing any thing on Romos opinion. Please oh wise one show me where I did? You are and I don't know where you are getting it from, I can't find any thing written with his opinion. I haven't heard him say any thing about it.

This was MY opinion. Most players could care less, some don't even go after being selected. Go take a nap, yer kinda cranky.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He'd probably like to go. Helps the HOF votes some I'd guess. And yes I think if he stays healthy and Dallas stays good then he will likely make it. It would help him to win a SB or two but it's not entirely necessary.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
jobberone;2455339 said:
He'd probably like to go. Helps the HOF votes some I'd guess.

Probably not as much as say, winning a playoff game or two.

To be honest. If Romo wins an SB then he's going to end up with so much pub that he's a pro bowl lock for years and years

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Eskimo;2451872 said:
Why should Manning go to the Pro Bowl just because he plays with a great defense, a great OL and a great running attack.

Because his team is winning. You will see a ton of NYG's go.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2455362 said:
Because his team is winning. You will see a ton of NYG's go.

kinda like last year when we won 13?

I expect Manning will go - people are, quiet correctly IMO, taking his playoff performance last year into account. I don't think Eli is a great QB but he is much better than most folks on this board give him credit for.

However, if Romo bust out great games against Pit, NY, and Baltimore then I can't see how he gets passed over.

For me the issue is more whether Brees or Warner should be there. If Brees drops a few more three pick games and Warner's team continues to get their butts kicked whenever they come against decent competition then neither should get a nod

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2455354 said:
Probably not as much as say, winning a playoff game or two.

To be honest. If Romo wins an SB then he's going to end up with so much pub that he's a pro bowl lock for years and years

Absolutely. I'd give him a very good chance to go this year esp if we go 3-1 or better and get to the playoffs.

AbeBeta;2455409 said:
kinda like last year when we won 13?

I expect Manning will go - people are, quiet correctly IMO, taking his playoff performance last year into account. I don't think Eli is a great QB but he is much better than most folks on this board give him credit for.

However, if Romo bust out great games against Pit, NY, and Baltimore then I can't see how he gets passed over.

For me the issue is more whether Brees or Warner should be there. If Brees drops a few more three pick games and Warner's team continues to get their butts kicked whenever they come against decent competition then neither should get a nod

I'd like to think most here really think Eli is a good QB. He's not great but if he keeps winning then I'll reconsider that. He's not in Romo's league talent wise but if Romo doesn't win playoff games then it'll hurt him some.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
jobberone;2455425 said:
I'd like to think most here really think Eli is a good QB. He's not great but if he keeps winning then I'll reconsider that. He's not in Romo's league talent wise but if Romo doesn't win playoff games then it'll hurt him some.

my impression is that many if not most posters here think he's the same qb he was in 2004-2006

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2455441 said:
my impression is that many if not most posters here think he's the same qb he was in 2004-2006

That may be. I give the 'he sucks' crowd a hard time but actually they are the vocal minority. I think he gets respect from many here.

Maybe we should do a poll. I think he's a very good QB who doesn't get the credit he deserves although that's getting better. But he is not the talent Tony is. OTOH, Tony has got to get us to the playoffs and win to get more credit than he already has.

JVita17

Benched
Reaction score
ajk23az;2451892 said:
You might not but the players do. They get BIG bonuses for making the Pro Bowl and they also get another big bonus for winning it if they do.

Not to mention a trip to Hawaii and all the activities and media attention during the pro bowl.

Everyone should start voting for Romo. Do NOT vote for Brees, Warner, Manning, or Campbell

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

lol. I think Warner and Brees should make it over Romo this season easily.

Givincer

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2455441 said:

2007 was his lowest QB rating yet as a starter for a full season...

Before entering the last game of the regular season last year, he'd thrown more interceptions than touchdowns. He lead the league in interceptions. First quarterback to ever do that and win the Super Bowl in the same year.

Just saying. The guy's not been an outstanding quarterback thus far in his career. Particularly his completion percentage and YPA have been below average for his entire career, aside from this year.