Dallas Cowboys vs Seattle Seahawks Game Thread - 2nd Half

VThokie7

Reaction score
dexternjack;4731185 said:
Seattle's defensive gameplan was brilliant, got to give them props. They had us in kilter, never thought we could be held to just 7. They put pressure on the line the entire game.

Whenever Princeton gets out game planned he cannot adjust. I don't know if its ego or ability. But he gets abused whenever his plan fails.

Reaction score
When do we stop blaming the coach? We've been a pretty soft team for a long time. Nothing has changed even though we have had many coaches. I won't throw in the towel on the season.... However, this all looks very familiar.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4731202 said:
Buzzword?

As far as I know, I'm the only one using it. A narrative is a story, and the story on the Cowboys is they consistently fail to play up to expectations.

They had an opportunity to change that narrative today. They didn't.
And there aren't any more opportunities this year?

Dwight

Reaction score
It is the same old Cowboys. Most of this has to be blamed on Jerry and Jason. Oline should have been addressed properly this past offseason. Romo has all ways bailed the oline out for years. They had opportunity to address the center and guard position (with solid players) and they didn't.

Dez, Witten, Romo, Austin were off. Whenever, people think Dallas will win a game. They do the opposite.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Ninety percent of the players on this team are spineless, mentally weak, carrot or stick tricks.

It's the same old broken record on being consistently inconsistent every week. They remind me of the Goo Goo Dolls song Acoustic #3 lyrics:

"What's the point in ever trying? Nothing's changing anyway."

mldardy

Reaction score
perrykemp;4731195 said:
This is just 1 loss folks. Giants had 7 last year -- the Packers 6 the year before.

It happens.

I'm not worried about a darn thing other than the following:
  • Still waiting for Dez to impress the heck out of me in a game. He has been solid at best and mediocre at worst. Never great.
  • I know it's only two games, however, Free looks exactly like he did last year -- lethargic. I'm <hoping> he isn't one of these guys who checked out after he got his big pay day.
I agree and I wish more fans especially people on this board took this approach. Yeah today's game sucked but you have to look at the bigger picture and that is there are still games left to be played and there is still room for improvement. Those two teams you mentioned: The Packers and the Giants had plenty of disappointing losses during those seasons but played well enough LATE in the season to turn things around and a championship resulted for both teams. No I'm not saying that will happen with us but there is so much football left to be played.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
2nd and 5

hand off 2 yards maybe 1 yards short of the 1st. Cowboys with no time outs.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
dallasfan4lizife;4731217 said:
we got dominated. this is more than "just 1 loss"

Really? Wasn't aware that 1 does not equal 1. Everything I know is a lie.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
VThokie7;4731220 said:
Whenever Princeton gets out game planned he cannot adjust. I don't know if its ego or ability. But he gets abused whenever his plan fails.

we don't adjust that's the problem.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
DavidAK;4731206 said:
Garrett:

I thought we played WELL in some areas, but not so WELL in others. We'll look at the tape and evaluate all three phases of the team. But give credit to Seattle for playing WELL and executing on all three phases of the game-Defense, offense and special teams.

its a process and we're stacking food days.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
windward;4731196 said:
Bull. You were bashing him left and right after the Jets and Lions game.

Bashing? Hell yeah, everyone was. He deserved it. You said I "gave up on him".

You also have selective amnesia, apparently.

No, you're just a liar.

And you have a 31/32 chanced of "being right about this team" Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back there.

Dumbing down the argument in an attempt to belittle it is effective in third grade.

It isn't about us not winning the Superbowl, it;s about doing what we do and how we do it. You have maintained, over and over, that the culture would change. I have not. Thus far, the results and the manner in which those results occur speak for themselves.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
No. It's just one loss. On conference loss. We also have one conference win.
Against a very good team on the road.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
187beatdown;4731156 said:
They got punched in the mouth and couldn't respond. The Seahawks just took it to them. Not really much to say.

We were not able to match the Seahawks intensity, it seems as if Witten and Bryant were absent from catching drills last week.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score

Yeah, if you're an emo little *****. If not, then it still equals 1.

popp1234

Reaction score
Prossman;4731208 said:
sometimes game go this way. My only hope is the rams can hold on to beat the skins, here in va im going to catch it if they dont.

The Skins will win. Book it! We will be the only losers in the East today. It's part of that doom and gloom Sunday.

Numbers921

Benched
Reaction score
dallazcowboyz9;4731221 said:
When do we stop blaming the coach? We've been a pretty soft team for a long time. Nothing has changed even though we have had many coaches. I won't throw in the towel on the season.... However, this all looks very familiar.

The problem is this coach was part of a joke regime and this group of Cowboys players is poisoned.