Dallas does miss Zeke

Xeven

Reaction score
They should run Martin for those 1-3 Yard up the middle plays lol.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Say what you will but Dallas misses Zeke badly. His 12 tds sure helped shore up that redzone and helped make Pollard elite.
He was a goal line / 3rd down back. If he was that good, there would have been more offseason interest. His only offer came a few weeks before the season started from NE and it’s a very team friendly , bargain basement contract. It’s basically all incentives which will require him to play at a level we haven’t seen in years. He could make a max of 6M and a minimum of 2M. He was making 17M in Dallas.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we miss Zeke's pass blocking. But the line is trash. Dont think he'd matter much in the run game.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It seems like McCarthy does, because he keeps running Pollard into the middle of the defense and expecting success like you could get from Zeke before he got worn down.
Tony was great in the C gaps last season.

He’s lost a step or three.

So it’s all A and B gaps for him.

Nexx

Reaction score
Pollard is missing Zeke softening up the defense for sure.

starfan1

Reaction score
Both things can be true . The line is average at best and it may continue to play out in games as such and pollard may not be thriving in his lead back role

I myself don’t think pollard is as much the issue as I do the line

The mistake was not letting zeke go the mistake was not getting a rb in the draft till the 6th round and the one they got is not going to be able to help.

Is Dalvin Cook an option? We only need a short term solution

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The issue this year has been the run blocking.

Outside of maybe Tyler Smith, not a single OLineman this year has been consistent in the running game. And the TEs have been below average, to say the least.

It's so bad that teams don't even have to "load the box" to stop the run and can continually keep BOTH safeties back and still stop the run.

And on the 4th-&-1 against the Chargers, the OLine was stalled, or even lost ground when Dak was stuffed.

Until the run blocking issues are resolved, the only RB that I know that could do something behind this line right now is Prime Barry Sanders. But that guy is long gone.

JMHO
Actually defenses are playing the run against us. We are top 5 in ‘heavy box’ situations against us.

Redline360

Reaction score
Actually defenses are playing the run against us. We are top 5 in ‘heavy box’ situations against us.
Think one of the podcasts mentioned Pollard was tied for 6th for RBs facing stacked boxes however can't find any data confirming it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Both things can be true . The line is average at best and it may continue to play out in games as such and pollard may not be thriving in his lead back role

I myself don’t think pollard is as much the issue as I do the line

The mistake was not letting zeke go the mistake was not getting a rb in the draft till the 6th round and the one they got is not going to be able to help.

Is Dalvin Cook an option? We only need a short term solution
not going to get big runs with scrub RBs.

The OL is not going to make perfect blocks on every play.

After Zeke left, people on here were talking about not needing an elite RB.

Thye said...Just find a bunch of scrubs and dont pay them.

Doesnt work.

starfan1

Reaction score

Doesnt work.
Pollard is far from a scrub and I havent seen the Oline make very many good blocks on a consistent basis that wasnt called back on penalties or lost on a fumble. zeke was far from elite when he was released but I have to admit I do miss his goal line presence

The problem is 2 fold the offensive line has not performed well this year despite what PPF will tell you and the scheme is garbage. Pounding Zeke instead of Pollard into Tyler B backside is only gonna gain you maybe and adiitional 20 yards a game if that. Its not gonna scare opposing defenses and open things up in the passing game

Flamma

Reaction score
Dallas misses Zeke like they miss Tony Dorsett. Both are washed up. Zeke might be a little better than Tony right now, but not by much. I loved Zeke, but I can recognize that he is garbage right now. Leave it alone. Maybe don't rush Pollard up the middle on first down. Our problems are more about situational play calls and offensive line than anything else. Zeke is 3 yards and a cloud of rubber pellets. He has zero burst and zero big play potential. That's a useless player. He's a fur coat in Hawaii.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Doesnt work.
Zeke isn’t an elite RB either. Hasn’t been for years.

kskboys

Reaction score
Say what you will but Dallas misses Zeke badly. His 12 tds sure helped shore up that redzone and helped make Pollard elite.
It's not Zeke we miss, we missed badly not drafting a big RB in the draft. That was just purely dumb.

kskboys

Reaction score
Agreed. Didn't need to wait til the 6th to draft Vaughn. The guy is just too small to play in the NFL. He's getting trucked out there.
We have yet to even attempt to use him as he should be used.