Dallas FA signings need fixing

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lewis was ready sooner than we thought. Carroll got injured. The organization moved on to the younger better player.

That's how it played out. Carroll was brought in to keep the seat warm. Injury forced everyone's hand in starting Lewis. Lewis being ready allowed Cowboys to part early with Nolan.

This is factual.

And are you rueing a 6th round pick that we don't lose for multiple drafts because we picked up a useful depth piece? Are you ignoring Carroll getting injured? Do you just not understand how all 3 things (lewis' play, Carroll's injury and the cheapness of Bene all worked together in a perfect storm)?

Carroll was healthy when they cut him. Look somewhere else for your best excuse attempt.

Who is this "useful depth piece" you're now reaching for? Bene Benwikere? Where they do anything they can to keep him off the field? Including playing safeties at cornerback? But now, to try to shine this turd, he's now "a useful depth piece"?

:lmao:

I understand the perfect **** storm that actually happened. The moment somebody thought Carroll was any sort of an answer.

Just stop trying to cover for it or paint it as anything other than what it is. You're embarrassing yourself.

Reactions: BAT

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Carroll was healthy when they cut him. Look somewhere else for your best excuse attempt.

Who is this "useful depth piece" you're now reaching for? Bene Benwikere? Where they do anything they can to keep him off the field? Including playing safeties at cornerback? But now, to try to shine this turd, he's now "a useful depth piece"?

:lmao:

I understand the perfect **** storm that actually happened. The moment somebody thought Carroll was any sort of an answer.

Just stop trying to cover for it or paint it as anything other than what it is. You're embarrassing yourself.
The injury forced Lewis into the starting lineup. The world realized Lewis was ready and Carroll wasn't needed as the bridge for the entire season he was signed to be. The organization moved on as other players came back and we. Needed roster sports.

Why is this confusing? Do you actually follow this team?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The injury forced Lewis into the starting lineup. The world realized Lewis was ready and Carroll wasn't needed as the bridge for the entire season he was signed to be. The organization moved on as other players came back and we. Needed roster sports.

Now it's "needed roster spots"? Hilarious!

Not "confusing", embarrassing. As in the embarrassing depths fans will stoop to to excuse ineptitude.

Just stop it already. Nobody is buying your bull****.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Now it's "needed roster spots"? Hilarious!

Not "confusing", embarrassing. As in the embarrassing depths fans will stoop to to excuse ineptitude.

Just stop it already. Nobody is buying your bull****.
Well yes. We had players coming back from suspension. We needed to clear a roster spot. Lewis made it easy for that spot to be Carroll.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well yes. We had players coming back from suspension. We needed to clear a roster spot. Lewis made it easy for that spot to be Carroll.

$4 million says otherwise.

So does the 6th rounder wasted on a stiff like Benwikere they keep as far away from the field as possible.

Keep polishing that turd.

Sydla

Reaction score
I just paid for Logan this past offseason for those so concerned with the cap.

Don't waste 4MM in cap space on a bum like Carroll. Use the 1.9MM they spent on Paea and then the 750K in cap space on Moore.

I just basically came within a few hundred thousand of having a better player on our team that would make our front seven better than it is.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Agreed.

Keeping that offensive line together is a major undertaking.

Look at other teams that have lost key OL due to not being able to manage the cap.

Dallas is in the position that they can franchise Lawrence in '18 and Martin in '19 if they need to.
No no no....if we aren't bringing in name players from other teams we clearly are just sitting on our money.

diefree666

Reaction score
The Pats seem to have the formula; yeah they have had some pretty big failures but they have also had some big successes. Those saying never sign a big ticket FA are dumb. Just as dumb as Jerry was throwing all that money around some years ago.

The middle ground is the most sensible. Bargain basement shopping gets what we have gotten which is very little. Splurging will sink you as well plus leave you with dead money.
The boys need to raise their sights and spend a little more for proven talent.

tm1119

Reaction score
I would just like to add that it’s not just free agents, our lack of involvement in the trade market seriously needs to be improved too. The eagles got Jernigan and Darby for very little. Those 2 would look great in our D. It’s actually pretty shocking to me we haven’t traded 1 pick yet given how many comp picks we are projected. The front office really squandered the momentum we had from last year by sitting on their hands thinking we could get by with less talent.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm happy they are quick to move on from players now instead of keeping them for years trying to prove a point.

This board would have melted down back when Jimmy twice cut 3rd round draft picks coming out of their rookie training camps.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I'm happy they are quick to move on from players now instead of keeping them for years trying to prove a point.

This board would have melted down back when Jimmy twice cut 3rd round draft picks coming out of their rookie training camps.
For some they view moving on from a player a bug. I call it a feature.

Verdict

Reaction score
Get technical to rationalize it if it makes you feel better.

Why is it technical? He wasn't a home grown player. We didn't draft him. He was a free agent.

What difference does it make if we picked him up the year before? Does it make the pick up any better or worse?

He is a scrap heap signing that appears to be a relatively good pickup. Reminds me a lot of the Columbo signing.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Why is it technical? He wasn't a home grown player. We didn't draft him. He was a free agent.

What difference does it make if we picked him up the year before? Does it make the pick up any better or worse?

He is a scrap heap signing that appears to be a relatively good pickup. Reminds me a lot of the Columbo signing.
If he was with the team, they already knew what they had and were likely to get. That is completely different from the other players they signed. Otherwise maybe you should praise them for signing Williams back as some move of genius? Signing back your own requires zero effort and the evaluation of talent is minimal since you already have worked with the player.