Dallas never called Henry

Big_D

Reaction score
This front office is garbage, can't say that enough! But not to worry they'll sign some 1 million dollar scrub and be in great shape. They wouldn't even pay 4 for Moss which tells you the state of things. Cowboys will be watching Baltimore from home in January anyway.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
It's basically a one year deal that they can waive him easily if it doesn't work out. Henry just scored 12 TDs 4.2 ypc with a bad line no wrs no qb. Saquon Barkley had 6 TDs 3.9 ypc and got a huge deal. I think Henry has two more years which is all he got. (two if they want him that long)

You guys act like he's a WR getting 30 million, he only got 9 guaranteed over 2 years
9 mil is still to much if his year turns out to be how zekes final year here was

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao2:
Melt downs over a player we were never going to sign anyway. And an aging one at that.
We need younger on a much less contract.

Jayinem

Reaction score
9 mil is still to much if his year turns out to be how zekes final year here was
9 million on 255 million when Dak has won 9 games in his career when our rbs have combined for under 100 yards in a game. We're in danger of having quite a few of those.

Not every person is built the same way. Derrick Henry is big but runs like a deer. You guys are comparing him to Zeke who let himself get fat when he was 25.

Jayinem

Reaction score
:lmao2:
Melt downs over a player we were never going to sign anyway. And an aging one at that.
We need younger on a much less contract.
It's a different era I know but it's the same sport.

The 3 Super Bowl teams the Cowboys were 22-1 when Emmitt Smith ran for 100 yards. The rb position does still matter. In this era Dak has won 9 games for his career when our team runs for less than 100 yards.

Not saying you but for those that did you can't complain that Dak had no run game and then not get a running back. Drafting one does not guarantee they'll be good just look at Deuce.

Ravens might have just won the Super Bowl and then you guys will say nothing.

And why couldn't we have signed him anyway? Because we have a terrible owner. We just signed a linebacker who's 32 we traded for Gilmore who's 34. Henry is not Zeke he took care of his body.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a different era I know but it's the same sport.

The 3 Super Bowl teams the Cowboys were 22-1 when Emmitt Smith ran for 100 yards. The rb position does still matter. In this era Dak has won 9 games for his career when our team runs for less than 100 yards.

Not saying you but for those that did you can't complain that Dak had no run game and then not get a running back. Drafting one does not guarantee they'll be good just look at Deuce.

Ravens might have just won the Super Bowl and then you guys will say nothing.

And why couldn't we have signed him anyway? Because we have a terrible owner. We just signed a linebacker who's 32 we traded for Gilmore who's 34. Henry is not Zeke he took care of his body.
So the Ravens made a RB signing, and they are now the SB champs In March.

The same ones that wanted Zeke gone because they said never give a RB a second contract. And to draft a RB are now saying they should sign Henry. As if he is the missing piece.
i mean they say you can find a RB anywhere.

They need to decide and stick to one narrative..

Jayinem

Reaction score

The same ones that wanted Zeke gone because they said never give a RB a second contract. And to draft a RB are now saying they should sign Henry. As if he is the missing piece.

Not every running back is Zeke. Who is "they" not every person has the same opinion. I never said "never give a rb a second contract" some did and in Zeke's case they'd be correct, Derrick Henry was good last year at 29 years of age he had 12 TDs Zeke got fat at 25. Not even comparable in the slightest.

Many well run teams are paying running backs the Ravens, Eagles and Packers because it's a weak draft class for running backs.

Teams found a way to pay the QBs even more by going cheap on running backs. It's just a big scam really. Zeke is an outlier he should not be compared to anyone that can stay healthy.

Big_D

Reaction score

LOL Henry is a better RB always has been. But of course classically overvaluing Cowboys we'll pay him double. Who says you can find a RB anywhere? It's ridiculous and those people were completely proven wrong on day 1 of free agency when the entire field of FA RBs dried up in a hurry. Packers ran all over them made them look like a pee wee team and still signed a RB. :lmao:

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Makes sense. The front office has been straight up awesome in recent years; I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I think Zeke did have a bad influence on the entire league when it comes to running backs. It was such a bad contract and he got terrible right when the second one started. Good job Jerry for screwing up the running back position.

Now that it's been a few years teams are realizing "uhhh running back is actually important" even though they're not getting 20 mil a year running backs on their 2nd contracts are getting 3rd ones because they're good.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Another reason Henry would never be Zeke, he's not getting a 6 year contract. Duh.

Jerry is just a bad owner/GM but that's not saying anything new.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL Henry is a better RB always has been. But of course classically overvaluing Cowboys we'll pay him double. Who says you can find a RB anywhere? It's ridiculous and those people were completely proven wrong on day 1 of free agency when the entire field of FA RBs dried up in a hurry. Packers ran all over them made them look like a pee wee team and still signed a RB. :lmao:
I seen it on here many times about finding a RB anywhere. Jist draft one after the current RB deal is up.

Of course I do not go by that. Just was saying what has been posted a lot the last two years Zeke was here.

Big_D

Reaction score
I seen it on here many times about finding a RB anywhere. Jist draft one after the current RB deal is up.

Of course I do not go by that. Just was saying what has been posted a lot the last two years Zeke was here.

His contract was flat out ridiculous and he was way overvalued for a guy who can never break a long run. It was truly beyond stupid what he was getting paid. That doesn't mean it's dumpster diving from here on out. They were even willing to pay Pollard 10 plus million last year??? People don't see how pathetic that is? Could've found a quality guy on a 2 year deal for that. Just a foolish front office all the time when it comes to overpaying their own players and treating outside FAs like they got the plague. It's actually disturbing at this point.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're the type of fan that deserves a Dak extension with no running game and see how that works out.
I take that as a insult. And I'm serious as a heart attack. Deserve a Dak extension? What the hell kind of fan do you think I am???

So because the Cowboys didn't get Henry they won't have a running game? BS.

Before FA I said sign Moss and draft one in the 3rd round. That is all they needed.

I also said it was just as important to fix the real issue with the running game - the poor run scheme and play calling. Without that, the great Emmitt Smith would come off the field complaining.

Check my posting history and you will find both those repeated many times since the end of the season.