Twitter: Dallas unlikely to retain Byron Jones

dwreck27

Reaction score
Hope we can draft a corner in the first round next year that replaces his one interception every other year.
Yup... folks on here wanting to give 16 mill to a dude who doesnt get picks and is overshadowed on being average at best because Chido on the other side is easy money to throw the ball at for plays

Ken

Reaction score
The literally has 0 ints in almost 2 seasons.

Very overated.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
We are talking about the Jones that is our shut down corner right? As Martin Lawrence you to say on "Martin", GET TO STEPPIN! BYE

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Byron Jones has 2 career ints in 5 seasons. I know people argue he doesn't get a lot of action on his side, but I don't fully buy that argument. Shut down corners get that reputation because offenses are fearful the corner will make a big play. No one is scared Byron will make them pay they just go to the players side they like the matchup better.

I do want Byron back, but I don't believe he is close to a top 5 corner.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Our secondary is likely going to be blown up next year.

Jones will likely be allowed to walk as will Anthony Brown.

Awuzie has been murdered all year.

Folks wanted more of J. Lewis and he was absolutely abused by Beasley.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Before this year, I agreed.

After this year, let him walk. He’s too inconsistent, doesn’t make plays on the ball in the air and is getting beat by lesser players. I would love to retain him, but I’m not paying top dollar for him.

He just looks better because Awuzie is ****
I agree...I don't think Jones is bad but because Awuzie is so much worse it does make him look alot better. Awuzie is one of the most frustrating players to watch on this team

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Byron Jones has 2 career ints in 5 seasons. I know people argue he doesn't get a lot of action on his side, but I don't fully buy that argument. Shut down corners get that reputation because offenses are fearful the corner will make a big play. No one is scared Byron will make them pay they just go to the players side they like the matchup better.

I do want Byron back, but I don't believe he is close to a top 5 corner.
He has 42 pass deflections, which deters offenses from going after him as well.

CB61

Reaction score
Best news I've heard since the possibility of Garrett being fired at the end of the year