Game Day ***Dallas vs Washington post game thread***

mldardy

Reaction score
Why is he hating? Those records are facts. Now the schedule gets a lot tougher. Let's see how they do
Will never understand this constant 'who have they beaten?' nonsense in regards to the NFL. This isn't college football where you are comparing resumes to get into the playoffs and you are playing teams that have no chance because the lack of recruiting talent. These are all NFL teams that are on the same equal playing field.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I said the day we lost to them it probably will come back to haunt us. You can’t afford to lose many games when you have a team in your division that won 15 games last year.
It is what it is. I got no problem having to prove ourselves to get whatever spot we get in the playoffs. Ultimately, You either deserve to be there or you don't, no excuses. Maybe having to prove ourselves the rest of the way will toughen the team up and force them to play playoff style football to get there. So a good thing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It is what it is. I got no problem having to prove ourselves to get whatever spot we get in the playoffs. Ultimately, You either deserve to be there or you don't, no excuses. Maybe having to prove ourselves the rest of the way will toughen the team up and force them to play playoff style football to get there. So a good thing.
I would much rather have to prove ourselves in the playoffs at home. We haven’t been the same team on the road this season. Don’t see us getting very far having to win two or more playoff games on the road.

Reaction score
Will never understand this constant 'who have they beaten?' nonsense in regards to the NFL. This isn't college football where you are comparing resumes to get into the playoffs and you are playing teams that have no chance because the lack of recruiting talent. These are all NFL teams that are on the same equal playing field.
Not all wins are the same

Beating the Eagles is not the same as beating the Giants
Beating the 49ers is not the same as beating the Panthers

I shouldn't need to explain this.

To be considered elite, you have to beat elite teams. As of now, all they have done this year is wipe the floor of scrub teams

But you play who is on your schedule.

I'm enjoying today, but I keep it on perspective. Wake me up when they win 4 of the next 5 games.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Why is he hating? Those records are facts. Now the schedule gets a lot tougher. Let's see how they do
It’s ridiculous. It’s a moving goal post argument. Because if Dallas lost to any of those teams is would be an end of the work scenario. Simmons is a Cowboys hater and has become increasingly more reliant on egregious takes. It’s a damn shame. His time writing the back page of SI was amazing. He’s fallen off a cliff journalistically the last few years.

Reaction score
It’s ridiculous. It’s a moving goal post argument. Because if Dallas lost to any of those teams is would be an end of the work scenario. Simmons is a Cowboys hater and has become increasingly more reliant on egregious takes. It’s a damn shame. His time writing the back page of SI was amazing. He’s fallen off a cliff journalistically the last few years.
He doesn't write anymore. He sold The Ringer to Spotify for a gazillion dollars. Now he does podcasts for them.

I don't think he hates the Cowboys any more than other teams beyond his beloved Patriots