Dalton: I came here to win!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Without scanning every roster in the league I'm convinced Andy Dalton was the best backup QB in football. He deserved a starting spot in the league and this is the ideal scenario for him to re-invigorate his career.

I don't want this season to boil down to a Dak vs. Dalton debate. I'm a Prescott fan and a Dalton fan. If the Red Rocket plays well the Cowboys will win the division and make the playoffs. The success of this team is all I'm concerned about.
:hammer:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Oh my..

Let me rephrase that..

I was merely suggesting that his reads might improve if he takes the time to study Andy.

That if his mobility decreases becuz of the injury he could speed up his reads and get rid of the ball sooner.

Some times he is holding the ball too long and bad things happen.

Sacks..fumbles..interceptions..

you know.
All I'm going to say is I wish Andy the best. I hope he shreds D's.
I hope the D tightens up.
I hope the ST stops going brain-dead.

I hoped the same with Dak.

zerofill

Reaction score
I think a lot of Cowboys fans don't watch much football outside of Dallas so there is a group of people on here who can only relate Andy Dalton to guys like Matt Schaub and Brandon Weeden. I'd be shocked if we see that type of fall off from Dak to Dalton. I think Dak and Dalton are similar players and Dalton is going to get us to about the same place Dak would have. Maybe a game better or worse but right around the same spot.

The image I saw of their first 4 years in the league kind of puts them in a similar category at first look. Other than when you take in account just how bad the offense was in Cinci.
Posted it in another thread... since 2016 on next gen stats... Dalton has continually been at the bottom of the list for time to throw. Last year he was the bottom of the list.

Joe Burrow is finding out what it was like for Dalton there. Except he actually has a slightly better team to work with.

I watched a lot of Dalton's games, and I think many just looked at stat history, without knowing how that history was created in that crap organization.

Not worried about Dalton performing... worried about him having to throw 60 times to make up for the defense lol.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think I get sucked into the fantasy football way that our team is built at times.

I know you don’t invest in WRs and RBs while neglecting defense but I guess I ignored that when evaluating this team.

I feel like I’m good at putting my Cowboys bias to the side but I think I got caught up in the hope of a new coach and all the skill players.

We're probably all guilty of this at some point, to some degree Catch.

shabazz

Reaction score
Just like his predecessor, I can see Dalton doing well against the crap teams and struggle against good defenses. He’s just a stop gap

The next franchise quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys isn’t on their roster yet.

shabazz

Reaction score
All I'm going to say is I wish Andy the best. I hope he shreds D's.
I hope the D tightens up.
I hope the ST stops going brain-dead.

I hoped the same with Dak.

I respect your unbiased consistency. The Dak only fanatics are hoping Dalton flops to confirm their love affair with Dak.

I hope Dalton does well, just like I did with Dak, but I believe he has some of the same skill set limitations as the Messiah. 2 average quarterbacks that do well against crap defenses but falter on the big stage against real defenses

zerofill

Reaction score
Just like his predecessor, I can see Dalton doing well against the crap teams and struggle against good defenses. He’s just a stop gap

The next franchise quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys isn’t on their roster yet.

Or in the NFL at all yet.

blueblood70

Reaction score
just get to 7-4 and end up 9-7 playing the best at the end =div win and playoff spot.
seems doable to me..

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I respect your unbiased consistency. The Dak only fanatics are hoping Dalton flops to confirm their love affair with Dak.

I hope Dalton does well, just like I did with Dak, but I believe he has some of the same skill set limitations as the Messiah. 2 average quarterbacks that do well against crap defenses but falter on the big stage against real defenses
All we can do is watch.

zerofill

Reaction score
Could very well be. I’d love to get the next Wilson, Brees, Mahomes or Rodgers for a decade
I not only want it, I expect it form the most valuable franchise in sports. That is the part that really pisses you off as a fan lol.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow, I'll bet he's the first QB to ever step into a huddle and say something like that to his teammates.

Pappy's so excited he thinks everything is shiny and new. :muttley:
Point taken, but really, think of all the people were so enthralled at the fact that Dak picked up his Gatorade cup when he missed the trash can.

Not meant as knock on Dak, or praise for Pappy, just putting it in context...even though yeah, Pappy would be thrilled to have Hellen Keller at QB.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Dalton was a real trooper coming in here. He said all of the right things about it's Dakota's team and I'm here do to whatever i can to help this team win.

Now he has his shot and it's up to him to prove he's not a washed up backup now.

Kinda hoping he can have a Jim Plunkett type of career, of course Plunkett had Madden and a defense.

leeblair

Reaction score

Clarence Hill Jr
@clarencehilljr

·
34m

Per Michael Gallup, this what Andy Dalton told the offense in the huddle when he replaced an injured Dak Prescott: "Focus up. This is what I came here for...I came here to win."

Branden liked

Jon Machota
@jonmachota

·
55m

Michael Gallup says every time Andy Dalton enters the huddle he says: "I came here to win. I came here to play. So let's do it." Dalton to the offense when he came in after Dak went down: "Focus up. This is what I came here for."
As opposed to "I came here to get rich".
Dak wanted to play; Dalton wants to win.
There's the difference.

black label

Reaction score
Taffy leg has to get ready for an nfl team years from now dalton is all we will know going forward. Is he good? Jerry says yes

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
First and foremost by you, we presume!!!:confused:
It should be by you. You’re the harshest QB critic. I presume you will judge Dalton like you did Dak, right? Or are you going to be exposed as the biggest hypocrite on the board?