Dalton is an upgrade over Dak eh?

Big_D

Reaction score
Blah blah blah. All I see is excuses. He started 13 games last year and was 2-11. He has been in this league about a decade now. He knows the game. He's trash. He has been trash and exposed once that defense he had in his early years was disbanded and he was paid more money to be their guy.

Dude has been hands down the worst starting QB in football this year. I don't want to hear any excuses for him. Dak played with a makeshift OL from week to week since the beginning and all I heard was people bashing him when he got our offense close to 40 every single game except one.

So I want this same energy from Dalton. We go from the offense we had with Dak to scoring 13pts in 2 games with Dalton. Absolute trash. He does not deserve to start another game. He's a bum. And all the people who claimed we would have no drop off and many even thought he would make this offense better is no back tracking to how bad of shape the offense is in. Lmao. Clowns.

losing your entire Oline is an excuse? lol What’s the excuse for zeke then. This entire offensive unit has serious problems. No backup in the league is functioning here under the current circumstances. Even before Tyron and Martin went down and Dak went down the offense was regularly getting out scored early while getting spanked in the process!

Big_D

Reaction score
People were blaming Dak even when the offense was putting up damn near 40 points.. but now we can't blame the guy who replaced him for producing 1/5th as many points? By the way, the line is not down every starter. Williams is still hanging in there at LG.. though it's not like he's pancaking people. The main reason the run game isn't working is because teams are crowding the line of scrimmage and daring Dalton to make them drop out of it. This was especially true int he AZ game .. all 11 defenders were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. They said all week that their goal was to make Dalton beat them.. The Rats did something similar. Needless to say it worked.

dam near 40 points lol. I like how you disregard regularly being down by 2 or 3 scores at a clip and playing from behind on a consistent basis dating back to last year! No scoring early even with Dak out there and at least a few healthy Oline men. Excuses been flowing for 2 years, but now we could talk about how great he was? Was it that Falcon win? Lmao

Proof

Reaction score
....if dak being a 5th round draft pick doesn’t tell you about his talent I don’t know what will. :huh: Remember when dak got embarrassed by old man Carr? On tv? That guy wants 40 million. No. He doesn’t and shouldn’t get it.

4th. Why’d Russ last til the third?

Big_D

Reaction score
You do on this board apparently but your post is 100% accurate IMO. Dalton is the backup for a reason. He's not the starter and he's not in a good situation. He is, in fact, playing under worse conditions then Dak IMO. But so what, this is the situation and it is what it is but, it should not be the reason we all suddenly fall in love with the idea of over paying. The results matter and even with better talent around him, we were unable to be successful with Dak. Now, people are immediately going to try and draw conclusion on this, based on that statement but they shouldn't. This is a Dollars and cents kinda thing to me. We are a lot further away then a lot of people expected us to be and that's something that we need to get our minds around. The biggest issue on this team, believe it or not, is not the QB. It's not a pass rusher or even a LB who can tackle or whatever else. It's longer term answer at LT. We have to address that right up front and immediately IMO. Now, that can be a draft pick but honestly, it's probably a Draft Pick and an FA for the short term. JMO.

there are a lot of areas that need to be addressed. This isn’t a good football team now and they weren’t a good football team with Dak out there. Plus the amount of injuries.. we’ve never seen anything like this before!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No need for me to sign up for the army I knew what I wanted to do with my life after HS. As far as your question spare me the emotions. I’ve already explained your stupid question but if you want to play obtuse fine by me. All your emotional bs is already answered in the post you quoted. I swear some of you people aren’t that smart when your emotions start getting into it smh
unfrotunatley, you are the one dealing with emotional issues in this case. that much is far to clear....

like I said, glad you aren't the coach, throwing in the towel and waiving the white flag in the middle of second quarter....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In 2020 it's very rare to play defense at a high level. Most teams are garbage on defense.. It's very rare to see a team consistently play good defense.. You may see 3 or 4 years of great defense before the cap makes you start choosing players.

Keeping point totals low is about the best case scenario for the majority of NFL teams.
like I have said before, I am not asking for much....average 32 points a game and we would be 4-1....

and blaming it on 2020 defenses is quite weak. we have given up 4 200 yard rushing performances this year already....that's pathatic and has nothing to do with offense....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
like I have said before, I am not asking for much....average 32 points a game and we would be 4-1....

and blaming it on 2020 defenses is quite weak. we have given up 4 200 yard rushing performances this year already....that's pathatic and has nothing to do with offense....

Well.. Look at 2019.. We were top 10 in PPG allowed.

I've seen Dak with better defenses. It's still not good enough. We always need more.. Which is fine.. Until he says pay me 40 million a year and i'll also be needing a better defense and pass protection squeezed in with that.

Dallas needs a rebuild. Locking this group of players down is not the way forward.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
there are a lot of areas that need to be addressed. This isn’t a good football team now and they weren’t a good football team with Dak out there. Plus the amount of injuries.. we’ve never seen anything like this before!

We kinda did in the late 90s, after Jimmy left and in the 80s, after Danny had kinda left. We got old quick on both those teams. We saw it again in the late 2000s along the OL. Gurode, Davis, Kosier, Colombo and Flo, they all kinda went away all at the same time and left us in a bad situation there. It's happened before but getting old and sustaining all of these injuries are a little unique. A lot of it all goes back to the OL. We have invested in that position group for years and when it falls off a cliff, this is the result. It ends up showing up all over the roster.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everybody who trotted out that narrative needs to lose their posting privileges for two weeks. Dalton is getting worse as time wears on not better. He was good against the Giants, terrible against the Cardinals and just plain pathetic against the Football Team. At this rate he'll need to pay the Cowboys for the right to play. I was hopeful that he would get it together as time wore on but clearly this dude is washed. May as well start the kid the rest of the way. He can't be any worse than what we're seeing out of Dalton. I cannot think of a single reason to watch this team the rest of this season.. and this comes from a guy who hasn't missed a game in 30 years. I might watch one more game.. just to see if MAYBE Sean Lee and Chido can add something to this dumpster fire of a defense.. But since neither of them plays d-line, I doubt they can provide much. At least not in the area of most need.

Sigh!

Sorry...I don;t see it. To sit there and claim "all you...". Like WHO...who said "upgrade". Not very dam many. It's as close to a strawman as you can get. You act like there's a parade...on and on for as far as the eye can see.

So what's your motive? What is it you get out of exaggerating the issue?

A GREAT GREAT majority of people....said "with this team will get about the same". And in all honesty...it has been. Not sure if Andy gets another shot to even up the score. SO far....1-1/2 games. And he's 1-1.

The whole team is ugly and has been since day 1.

What's your motive here?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
TDs and Picks don't matter if you can't get the wins. Best passing QB I ever saw, in 9 starts his rookie year, threw 20 TDs and 6 picks. They lost to Seattle in the playoffs, first round.

The next year, 16 starts he threw 48 TDs and 17 INTs and threw for over 5K, set all the records, went to the Super Bowl and lost to the 49ers. He would never get there again but he would break all the records before he retired. But he would never ever win a Super Bowl.

All the stats in the world mean nothing if you can't get the wins when it counts. For that, you gotta have more then just Offense.
wins are team and coaches responsibility. you want your offense to play at a high level. you want your defense to play at a high level. you want to have good special teams....sounds like this QB did his job. you can't ask for more. but what about the defense?

in 2018, Mahomes and KC offense averaged about 35 points a game, their defense was in the high 20s and they didn't make the superbowl.....at 35 points per game. they improved the defense in 2019 to mid teens, their offense socred 28 pts a game. still pretty high and they won the superbowl....... so Mahomes was great. exactly what you wanted in a QB. and an offense averaging 35 points a game...WOW.....

so the defense needs to be at least respectable. and at least capable. and then coaching....one of the most critical aspects....making the right calls at the right time....leads to a lot of wins....compare bilicheck and garrett. how many close games did garrett lose. how many close games did bilicheck win........in the NFL, most games go into the 4th quarter within a score of 2.....they are winnable...if you make the right calls.

Big_D

Reaction score
Well.. Look at 2019.. We were top 10 in PPG allowed.

I've seen Dak with better defenses. It's still not good enough. We always need more.. Which is fine.. Until he says pay me 40 million a year and i'll also be needing a better defense and pass protection squeezed in with that.

Dallas needs a rebuild. Locking this group of players down is not the way forward.

people don’t want to admit that. It just seems weird. You lockup Dak for 4 years while you have an unhealthy cap to begin with and expect the team to be good enough to compete for championships in those 4 years? Seems like wishful thinking. But that’s exactly how Jerry operates without any long term game plan. This team is an absolute mess. They won’t be competing for awhile!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My god if you cared for Dak 1/100 as much as you care for Dalton.

When Dak got hurt...all you cared about was proving your little theory about what a "real QB" could do in Mike McCarthy's offense. You barely stopped to acknowledge your favorite team's QB...a guy who came in as a rookie not even promised a roster spot...and stepped in to save the 2016 season because of Romo's injury...who then stepped up as a second year QB to savage the 2017 Zeke suspension season...and who got your favorite team back to the playoffs in 2018...and last year and this year was doing everything possible to overcome his defense and coaching...

That is the guy you care little about.

But Dalton...WHO JUST WALKED IN THE DAMN DOOR (Although he did help save the Giants game after Dak went down), that is the QB you cry so passionately about.

Again, with you people it goes far deeper than you let on.
don't waste your time with him...he is a troll. he knows it....he doesn't really know anything about football. nothing really. if you ever pay attention to his posts and responses, there is never anything football related in the responses. all conjecture and empty rhetoric and meaningless stuff.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. I never really supported pure hating on dak, but now the other side only adds fuel to the fire with the "told you so" posts.

I dont even remember the carter/Hutchinson debates being this bad.

Facts are we didn't win with dak, and have been even worse without him. People are more concerned with their guy getting credit. Much bigger issues than the qb position right now.

Ah...so that's the motivation.... huh? Good old fashion chest-thumpin' told ya so? Makes sense.

Heck.... we mock and ridicule our team for not rallying around each other...and here WE sit with continual bickering...and told ya so's. We got what we deserved.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
unfrotunatley, you are the one dealing with emotional issues in this case. that much is far to clear....

like I said, glad you aren't the coach, throwing in the towel and waiving the white flag in the middle of second quarter....
Yeah I'm dealing with emotional issues because I don't agree with your takes. Typical online lunacy. You people are just obtuse but I'm not surprised public schooling has failed too many of y'all. None of the bs you've said matches my actual post smh

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We kinda did in the late 90s, after Jimmy left and in the 80s, after Danny had kinda left. We got old quick on both those teams. We saw it again in the late 2000s along the OL. Gurode, Davis, Kosier, Colombo and Flo, they all kinda went away all at the same time and left us in a bad situation there. It's happened before but getting old and sustaining all of these injuries are a little unique. A lot of it all goes back to the OL. We have invested in that position group for years and when it falls off a cliff, this is the result. It ends up showing up all over the roster.

Not sure who 7up was referring to..but yes..there were a couple outliers / Dak haters. Just don't see the value in dressing down the entire forum over them. Chest-thumpin crusade heroship? Hmmm....well okay then. I say it makes OP as bad as they.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's true though.. I didn't just say Dalton would get Dak like results out of hate.

Dalton has been a good solid player throughout his career.

The mistake I made was the evaluation of those around Dalton.

I didn't take into account guys like Zeke and Gallup screwing games up..

I didn't take into account the 3rd string Left Tackle and Zack Martin being out causing the worst Oline performance in history.

I know though.. Dalton bad. Dak good.

Truth is we sucked with both.
Dalton has been average all his career.....he has clearly shown he chokes in big games. he is 0-5 in the playoffs and 1-12 in primetime games that mattered....when the lights are on him, he plays his worst....

and those around Dalton are about exactly what was around Dak...the results speak for themselves.....

and that third string LT, was suppose to be the back up tackle before his injury....he was supposed to be the swing tackle, so him playing was an upgrade over previous week.

unless you think the a RG makes all the difference between 35 pts a game and 3 pts a game? then we should spend our first round pick next year to get a LG to go with the RG.....if that's the key to an offensive fire power.

the truth is the defense sucked with both.....except now we have no chance after the first quarter, as opposed to get in the last few minutes and having a chance

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
losing your entire Oline is an excuse? lol What’s the excuse for zeke then. This entire offensive unit has serious problems. No backup in the league is functioning here under the current circumstances. Even before Tyron and Martin went down and Dak went down the offense was regularly getting out scored early while getting spanked in the process!
but that same offense was scoring in bunches in second halves....now, they score 0 points....wow..you are right (if wrong was right)

RonnieT24

Reaction score
people don’t want to admit that. It just seems weird. You lockup Dak for 4 years while you have an unhealthy cap to begin with and expect the team to be good enough to compete for championships in those 4 years? Seems like wishful thinking. But that’s exactly how Jerry operates without any long term game plan. This team is an absolute mess. They won’t be competing for awhile!

People also seem unwilling to admit that 2020 Dak is better than 2019 Dak who was better than 2018 Dak who was better than.... you see the pattern yet? Dak is getting better.. period. I have every reason to believe 2021 Dak will be better than 2020 Dak. It's wishful thinking to believe we can win with an improving franchise QB by surrounding him with better talent but it's what exactly to believe we can let a franchise QB walk and replace him with ????? AND put together a solid defense? Again we have 8 or 9 problems on this team.. Getting rid of the franchise QB doesn't solve any of them. Unless making people that hate said franchise QB happy is the goal.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dalton has been average all his career.....he has clearly shown he chokes in big games. he is 0-5 in the playoffs and 1-12 in primetime games that mattered....when the lights are on him, he plays his worst....

and those around Dalton are about exactly what was around Dak...the results speak for themselves.....

and that third string LT, was suppose to be the back up tackle before his injury....he was supposed to be the swing tackle, so him playing was an upgrade over previous week.

unless you think the a RG makes all the difference between 35 pts a game and 3 pts a game? then we should spend our first round pick next year to get a LG to go with the RG.....if that's the key to an offensive fire power.

the truth is the defense sucked with both.....except now we have no chance after the first quarter, as opposed to get in the last few minutes and having a chance

Dalton is getting almost no time. Like I cant point to a series where guys haven't been in his lap.

IT was bad for Dak but at least the team was still playing hard.

We're on our 3rd string Left Tackle, Knight was actually playing solid and we are worse without him, and of course Zack MArtin is missed.

It was bad for Dak but it's far worse for Dalton right now.

Dalton is the least of our issues. He just not as good at losing as Dak is I guess? Dak made the terd a little shinier?