Video: Dalton is not very happy

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm a minority here but I'm he's upset with an OL unit that's playing only 1 of its original starters. You guys know it takes time OLines to work well together as a unit. Considering how he was playing, I'm not sure Andy has room to call/yell at anyone. If anything, he's a seasoned vet, how about helping the younger inexperienced unit out making quicker decisions, not holding the ball too long.

Reactions: G2

Aven8

Reaction score
Imagine being Andy Dalton.

Sign with your home state Cowboys. Easy job as a backup and likely heading to the playoffs.

Ok. Well Dak gets hurt. Oh well. Easy extra 1 million bonus to coast into the playoffs. Going to earn a nice contract from some other team next year as I make the playoffs.

Now this lol

What do you think Mike thinks? Top 5 offense, 8-8 team that just needs tweaks and real coaching to get to the playoffs and make some noise. Now everyone gets hurt and his entire defense is talentless!

He didn’t sign up for a rebuild. He’s not a baby sitter.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't blame him for being upset. After the hit, the entire offense just walked around in a daze. Teams of old would have immediately defended their QB. Can you image Michael Irvin just standing there after his QB took a dirty hit? Of course he wouldn't. I said this on another thread, this team has no heart and it's the worst example of heartless play I can remember watching since 1962. Even the 1-15 team played with more fire!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm a minority here but I'm he's upset with an OL unit that's playing only 1 of its original starters. You guys know it takes time OLines to work well together as a unit. Considering how he was playing, I'm not sure Andy has room to call/yell at anyone. If anything, he's a seasoned vet, how about helping the younger inexperienced unit out making quicker decisions, not holding the ball too long.

Like Zeke? Like just watching a Dude come in and blow up your QB? This is not a youth problem here. Yeah, we got young guys that are getting lit up but much much worse, we got vets who are getting their butts kicked in. That's unacceptable. All of these guys deserve to get their arses chewed clean off but it should be from the Coaching Staff and probably Jerry at this point. It shouldn't have to come from your Backup QB but then again, Dalton is the guy now. He knows it and understands it. These guys can like it or not but that's the deal now. Dak is not coming back this year so Dalton is who we have.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The redheaded stepchild(Andy) shouldn't be happy. He's never going to be treated as well as the teacher's pet(Dak), by no fault of his own. Dak got more effort from the O-line to protect him, no doubt about it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What do you think Mike thinks? Top 5 offense, 8-8 team that just needs tweaks and real coaching to get to the playoffs and make some noise. Now everyone gets hurt and his entire defense is talentless!

He didn’t sign up for a rebuild. He’s not a baby sitter.

He's lucky to have a job and it blows my mind that we signed him and ignored the immediate success GB had after his departure.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Like Zeke? Like just watching a Dude come in and blow up your QB? This is not a youth problem here. Yeah, we got young guys that are getting lit up but much much worse, we got vets who are getting their butts kicked in. That's unacceptable. All of these guys deserve to get their arses chewed clean off but it should be from the Coaching Staff and probably Jerry at this point. It shouldn't have to come from your Backup QB but then again, Dalton is the guy now. He knows it and understands it. These guys can like it or not but that's the deal now. Dak is not coming back this year so Dalton is who we have.

How we as fans know this HAS NOT happened??? We don't....because there's not a camera clip of a coach chewing a player or players out doesn't mean it's not happening at all. Either way, my take is the way this team is playing no player or coach should be pointing the finger. The ENTIRE team sucks, from A-Z. The best thing they can do is worry about how to do their jobs better. Pointing the fingers at this player or this coach does nothing IMO.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If a backup yelled at me, I wouldn't want to block for him either.

Dalton has always seemed way too full of himself.
He wasn't the backup, he was the new #1 QB and had every right to get their attention. Every coach and player on that team was expecting him to do exactly what he did. Maybe that's why his OL damned near ignored him as he lay on the ground, too ashamed because of that jailbreak that forced him to run.

Reminds of of a very similar picture. Romo had just been hammered into the ground by a NYG, before the no throwing your weight around rule, and his clavicle broken and not one OL came to his side. Dez Bryant was the only player to come to him.

If anyone ever wanted an example of what a team isn't, can't think of a better one than that scene. This is a gathering of mostly mediocre individuals all brought together to create an even worse team. This is the antithesis of synergy.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Fishing for salmon is a favorite hobby of mine. This involves a fairly elaborate setup of trolling multiple lines with downriggers and/or planner boards. Salmon are very strong and active fighters when hooked, They will try anything and everything to get free. Hooking up with a big salmon instantly turns a calm, peaceful boat ride at 2 mph into chaotic, clusterfoo of frenzied activity. Everybody on the boat has a job to do, often multiple jobs depending on circumstances. I have learned to make it a point to tell newbs that it's all fun and games until we hook up with a nice fish then it is all about getting that fish in the boat and your feelings don't mean crap. There will be yelling and swearing. You will be told what to do with zero pleasantries and you will told what not to do with less than zero pleasantries. Once the battle is over, no matter the outcome, we'll go right back to calm and peaceful. In the heat of the battle though, nobody's feelings take precedent over getting the job done. It's not personal, it's business.

The same mindset applies to a few jobs I've had and to every field/rink I've ever played on.

Apparently it's feelings first, for this collection of wannabes.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's lucky to have a job and it blows my mind that we signed him and ignored the immediate success GB had after his departure.
You are correct about them ignoring that success as well as how that was brought about. GB made the best D acquisitions since the beginning of FA and Rodgers didn't have a great year.....but the Smith Brothers did did. Those 3 D players are the reason they went to the NFCCG.

cowboyec

Reaction score
maybe this is why they aren't blocking for him or started a rumble when he got hit.
who knows what wkrp is like behind the scenes.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's Dak team for sure but what have they accomplished so far?
NADA!
Dalton never stood a chance after shinning in the Giants win as Dak Grand leader of the clan made some calls to Zeke and friends and for the next 2 weeks they were either fumbling, dropping, and simply making sure we lost so Dak could seem irreplaceable!
P.S. Those losses come draft time are going to be Daks passport out of town!!!
Lol!!!! You changed your sig to Lawrence!!! You're like a gold digger!!!! Pimping yourself to the next hottest thing!!! Lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
How we as fans know this HAS NOT happened??? We don't....because there's not a camera clip of a coach chewing a player or players out doesn't mean it's not happening at all. Either way, my take is the way this team is playing no player or coach should be pointing the finger. The ENTIRE team sucks, from A-Z. The best thing they can do is worry about how to do their jobs better. Pointing the fingers at this player or this coach does nothing IMO.

Who's been fired? Who's been benched? That's how we know.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Can't blame him for not being happy. None of his teammates tried to stand up for him or defend him. And didn't even act that concerned that he was hurt. Now compare their reaction to last season when Malcom Jenkins got into Dak's face.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Who's been fired? Who's been benched? That's how we know.

:huh: you suggested they needed chewing out. My response we have to know that hasn't happened. So you're saying firing or benching is the same as chewing out? C'mon.....but whatever, lets move on.

catiii

Reaction score
They were lost. And washington has a better d-line than some other teams. This is going to get ugly. Hmmmm he yells at them and gets his head taken off later. I think number 66 checked on him and said something to him while on the ground. Probably said that’s what happens when you yell at us.
What a bunch of entitled babies. Anyone else yells at them like Dak or Dez when he was on the team, and they're called "leaders" - such hypocrisy from the Dalton hate crew.