Video: Dalton is not very happy

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What do you think Mike thinks? Top 5 offense, 8-8 team that just needs tweaks and real coaching to get to the playoffs and make some noise. Now everyone gets hurt and his entire defense is talentless!

He didn’t sign up for a rebuild. He’s not a baby sitter.

Boy, that just breaks my heart. He got fired from his last gig, spent a year in his basement, and gets handed a 5 year contract making millions of dollars.

The notion that this was some ready-made SB team that just needed "real coaching" was a CZ narrative the likes of Jerry Jones. The truth is the defense wasn't good enough last year, lost some talent, added a couple of over-the-hill vets and a rookie, and he brought in a DC who hasn't had much luck as a DC.

Don't feel the least bit bad for Fat Mike. He made his choices and now he can live with them, while still getting paid millions of dollars. It's gonna be rough. :rolleyes:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Can't blame him for not being happy. None of his teammates tried to stand up for him or defend him. And didn't even act that concerned that he was hurt. Now compare their reaction to last season when Malcom Jenkins got into Dak's face.

This is not true at all.........go back and watch the entire play. After the hit at least 4, maybe 5 players are standing over him before the trainers get there. I didn't catch at first until I saw tweets from some guy on Twitter.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Andy Dalton might have cost himself future $$ signing here... could of went somewhere else to prolong his career.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
:huh: you suggested they needed chewing out. My response we have to know that hasn't happened. So you're saying firing or benching is the same as chewing out? C'mon.....but whatever, lets move on.

No, reads my posts. I suggested people get fired. People get benched and that the Coaching Staff should be doing all of it. I said I don't blame Dalton for yelling but in truth, he shouldn't have to. The Coaching Staff should be doing that instead of Dalton but you asked how I know that's not happening. Well, I answered that.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Andy Dalton might have cost himself future $$ signing here... could of went somewhere else to prolong his career.

I don't think so. If anything, he's going to be more respected for this. Coaches know that we are soft and that we are beaten up. I mean, Dalton is the guy for the rest of the season so he could end up doing something that hurts himself in the future but this is not it IMO.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No, reads my posts. I suggested people get fired. People get benched and that the Coaching Staff should be doing all of it. I said I don't blame Dalton for yelling but in truth, he shouldn't have to. The Coaching Staff should be doing that instead of Dalton but you asked how I know that's not happening. Well, I answered that.

OK

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Boy, that just breaks my heart. He got fired from his last gig, spent a year in his basement, and gets handed a 5 year contract making millions of dollars.

The notion that this was some ready-made SB team that just needed "real coaching" was a CZ narrative the likes of Jerry Jones. The truth is the defense wasn't good enough last year, lost some talent, added a couple of over-the-hill vets and a rookie, and he brought in a DC who hasn't had much luck as a DC.

Don't feel the least bit bad for Fat Mike. He made his choices and now he can live with them, while still getting paid millions of dollars. It's gonna be rough. :rolleyes:

This is true. We were not close to a championship team and had not been for some time. I agree with this entirely.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s about the most unprofessional and lowest thing you could ever do...put someone else's health on the lone, along with their career and the overall success of the team because he yelled at you?!
FACT!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Well except he ain't the backup at that point. If YOU..ain't ready to be "yelled at" for doing a crappy job....I wouldn't want you on the team.
Nobody is ready to be yelled at by someone who also sucks.

Should Terrance Steele just go ream out Andy Dalton because he can't throw? No. It's the same thing.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's a tough position to be in to be the new guy in a leadership role, but due to not much of preseason, not really knowing everyone that well.
He has to do better. Still, no excuse for him not getting the full attention of the offense---that what true Pros are supposed to do--but it's tougher for a stranger.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
If a backup yelled at me, I wouldn't want to block for him either.

Dalton has always seemed way too full of himself.

Dalton is a good dude. Has been known to be since his days at TCU. Never heard anything bad about him and nothing close to full of himself.

Many backups have to play these days. They are allowed to yell at something as piss poor as that stuff. Backups have won SBs. He can play if he has more than 2 seconds. I’d rather see fire than what we’ve seen from most of these guys

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Dalton is a good dude. Has been known to be since his days at TCU. Never heard anything bad s as bout him and nothing close to full of himself.

Many backups have to play these days. They are allowed to yell at something as piss poor as that stuff. Backups have won SBs. He can play if he has more than 2 seconds. I’d rather see fire than what we’ve seen from most of these guys
Sure, he's allowed to yell. I don't think he should be put in timeout lol, I just don't think it's productive with a group like this.

He can't play though, his arm is shot regardless of what the OL is doing.

leeblair

Reaction score
Wasted $3 million of cap space on this bum.
We wasted $31 million on a guy who couldn't lead the team to the NFC East title with every other team rebuilding or injury riddled.
Andy Dalton would have won the East and at least one playoff game with last year's roster.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Sure, he's allowed to yell. I don't think he should be put in timeout lol, I just don't think it's productive with a group like this.

He can't play though, his arm is shot regardless of what the OL is doing.

You may be right with this group and with his arm. I’d just like to see a game with a little time to fully evaluate though. I thought he was a smart move to bring in but who knows, maybe DiNucci shows a live arm and Dalton sits anyways.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am going to stick up for the offensive line on this play. The *** blitzed two guys between the RT and RG. Steele picked up the DE, Biadasz picked up the DT, McGovern slid over and picked up on of the blitzing LBs. They did their jobs, each picking up a man. Zeke was supposed to pick up the 2nd blitzing LB and he got bowled over like he wasn't there and it was his guy who tackled Dalton. The other DE was in on the tackle because Dalton ran into him trying to avoid the sack. If Zeke took his guy out Dalton would have had time to throw it. He had the TE over the middle where the 2 LBs vacated on the blitz. If Dalton could have gotten rid of it it might have been a 1st down.

eke is not even blocking anymore which means he is basically useless for $15 million a year.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You may be right with this group and with his arm. I’d just like to see a game with a little time to fully evaluate though. I thought he was a smart move to bring in but who knows, maybe DiNucci shows a live arm and Dalton sits anyways.
I agree that he was a good pickup as a backup, and even with his lack of arm, you can run a productive offense with the right OL.

But chewing out this OL group - who has effectively 3 rookies and a guy who is in his second game with the team - seems terribly misguided. There's not an effort problem on the OL, and that's really the only time that guys need to be chewed out, especially by their teammates. Given the context of who is playing, yelling just seems really whiney. It has no upside.