Dalton throws for 300+ yds: fans say keep him. Dak threw for 450+ yds 3 times, fans say cut him?

Jipper

Reaction score
And no, everyone doesnt agree Dak is good. Thats laughable. And Dak is better than good.

Dak has actually turned out better than even I predicted. I thought it was a long shot that he would get to ELITE status. Like Romo, thought he would hover in the 2nd tier. But if Dak continues to play like he has most of last year and the first 4 games of this year, he is top 5. Especially with guys like Brees and Brady retiring in the next year or two.

Point me one person on this forum that doesn’t think dak is at least a good qb.....

I agree with you and see him as a top 5-6 qb.....

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Point me one person on this forum that doesn’t think dak is at least a good qb.....

I agree with you and see him as a top 5-6 qb.....

Dak IS NOT a Top 5 Qb....sorry to burst your bubble.

Jipper

Reaction score

hes 5th or 6th sorry to pee in your cereal, no amount of caps is going to change that...

Since entering the league in 2016 he is

6th in passing yards
9th in tds
2nd in qb wins
With a 97 qbr

he’s regularly viewed as the 5th or 6th best qb in the league and has both the wins and stats to back it up

so yeah, like I said; you don’t know what you are talking about

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dalton takes more sacks than Dak. When and if Dak comes back you will see a huge difference in QB play. Dak had a O-Line that was having serious problems. Not much better now but even the rookies and 3rd stringers seem to be playing better than our starters when Dak was playing. Dalton is missing some open WR also. Not that Dak is a HOF QB at this point but I think his asking price comes down slightly with the injury.

Flamma

Reaction score
while I agree with you 100 percent it’s more about the cost per yard not the total yards.

those that dislike dak and don’t want to sign him don’t feel the value is there at 35 mil....but for a dalton at 2 mil they are stoked

Yep. If Dalton was asking for 35 mil a year, Cowboys fans would throw him in the dumpster faster than you can say red rocket.

streetcredit

Reaction score
Dalton takes more sacks than Dak. When and if Dak comes back you will see a huge difference in QB play. Dak had a O-Line that was having serious problems. Not much better now but even the rookies and 3rd stringers seem to be playing better than our starters when Dak was playing. Dalton is missing some open WR also. Not that Dak is a HOF QB at this point but I think his asking price comes down slightly with the injury.

Wow....this is bizarre

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
while I agree with you 100 percent it’s more about the cost per yard not the total yards.

those that dislike dak and don’t want to sign him don’t feel the value is there at 35 mil....but for a dalton at 2 mil they are stoked
Maybe not, but the main issue with people who dislike Dak and speaking of value is the majority of them disliked Dak when he was the best value in the league. Getting al excited over Dalton’s value make no sense whatsoever. The only reason they are excited over Dalton is because he isn’t Dak. They would have supported any QB because they are really just never-Dakers who are continually on the lookout for the next reason to hate on him.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
hes 5th or 6th sorry to pee in your cereal, no amount of caps is going to change that...

6th in passing yards
9th in tds
2nd in qb wins
With a 97 qbr

he’s regularly viewed as the 5th or 6th best qb in the league and has both the wins and stats to back it up

Wins??? Outside of his rookie season of 13-3 he has a combined record of 29-24.....barely above average.

Stats??? What has his personal passing stats gotten Dallas the last 21 games....a record of 10-11......below average.

Top 5 or 6???? Let's see: Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Cousins, Allen, Tannehill.....all better than Dak. Also, you have Murray and Herbert improving so that right there places Dak in the at best 10-13 range in terms of Top quarterbacks.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Sacks taken by each quarterback:

2020: Dak sacked 10 times in 4-1/2 games (average of 2.2 sacks/game) Dalton sacked 18 times in 9-1/2 games (average of 1.89 sacks/game)

Career: Dak sacked 146 times in 68-1/2 games (average of 2.13 sacks/game) Dalton sacked 296 times in 142-1/2 games (average of 2.08 sacks/game)

So as you can see both in 2020 and in their careers Dalton has actually been sacked less per game than Dak so your statement is blatantly false.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

6th in passing yards
9th in tds
2nd in qb wins
With a 97 qbr

How many times has Armyguy's bubble been burst?

-Dak is backup material (burst)
-Dak is a bus driver (burst)
-Dak cant carry a team (burst)
-Dak is average (burst)
-Dak is slightly above average (burst)
-Dak is good (burst)

USArmyVet

Reaction score
How many times has Armyguy's bubble been burst?

-Dak is backup material (burst)
-Dak is a bus driver (burst)
-Dak cant carry a team (burst)
-Dak is average (burst)
-Dak is slightly above average (burst)
-Dak is good (burst)

Please do everyone and yourself a favor: lay off the bong.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sacks taken by each quarterback:

2020: Dak sacked 10 times in 4-1/2 games (average of 2.2 sacks/game) Dalton sacked 18 times in 9-1/2 games (average of 1.89 sacks/game)

Career: Dak sacked 146 times in 68-1/2 games (average of 2.13 sacks/game) Dalton sacked 296 times in 142-1/2 games (average of 2.08 sacks/game)

So as you can see both in 2020 and in their careers Dalton has actually been sacked less per game than Dak so your statement is blatantly false.

LOL......Sacks taken!!! :lmao2::lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Please do everyone and yourself a favor: lay off the bong.

Please give me your list QB guru of all the QB's that are better than Dak. I need a good laugh this morning. And be sure to put Dalton on there as you have been promoting already early this morning.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes, it's called refuting a false statement by another member with actual statistics and not emotions.

Refuting a statement by changing sacks from a Oline stat to a QB stat? :muttley: Gee, thats never been done before. When sacks are low, amazing how that stat never comes up in your laughable claims that Dak sucks.

Jipper

Reaction score
Wins??? Outside of his rookie season of 13-3 he has a combined record of 29-24.....barely above average.

Stats??? What has his personal passing stats gotten Dallas the last 21 games....a record of 10-11......below average.

Top 5 or 6???? Let's see: Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Cousins, Allen, Tannehill.....all better than Dak. Also, you have Murray and Herbert improving so that right there places Dak in the at best 10-13 range in terms of Top quarterbacks.

so when I bring stats that you don’t like, you change them to fit your narrative.

Your dak hatred is blinding you to see that he is a very good an and well better than you are willing to give him credit for.